1 2 3 4
beans
beans Dork
5/29/15 6:58 a.m.

Yeah, on the back of mine are some old S02's. They're alright, but getting pretty long in the tooth. I'll swap them out for Comp-2's later this summer. I've been really impressed by the Comp-2's, definitely on the same level as the Dunlop Z1 Star Spec's I had previously, with MUCH better rain handling. I'd guess tire wear would be better, but I've been running around with my front toe out of spec for some time now and it chewed through the fronts pretty quickly :-x It's not really that the S04's are terribly expensive or anything, I'm just a cheap ass and like bang for the buck.

Stang_guy03
Stang_guy03 New Reader
5/29/15 10:15 a.m.

In reply to beans:

More dollars for entry fees!

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
6/1/15 10:43 p.m.

I've talked to a regular autocrosser in my local region that has raced several FWD cars, and he ended up running excellent tires in the front and ok ones in the rear a few times, and he said that it handles better because the rear end rotates more with that setup.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
6/2/15 6:15 a.m.
Mr_Clutch42 wrote: I've talked to a regular autocrosser in my local region that has raced several FWD cars, and he ended up running excellent tires in the front and ok ones in the rear a few times, and he said that it handles better because the rear end rotates more with that setup.

He's doing it wrong.

Stang_guy03
Stang_guy03 Reader
6/9/15 5:54 p.m.

Well been running the car hard and learning it. This past weekend really showed me how behind the learning curve I am. There where several similar SN95 Mustangs at the meet running my class and I got tore up. Kinda humbling in fact. Below is a couple of videos from a couple the events. Sorry the videos aren't that great, but if you want better somebody needs to buy me a GOPRO. LOL

Fastest run of the day at Nexteer 36.476. https://youtu.be/rEoshTNAq0Q

Fastest run of the day at Toledo airport 73.530. https://youtu.be/-4FkeS6zcRs

Stang_guy03
Stang_guy03 Reader
7/25/15 5:34 p.m.

Well had to do some repairs this past week. I had something come off the road and split the diff cover. So I upgraded to a Ford Racing aluminum diff cover. It was not a difficult job, but required a lot more tear down of the rear end than I would of hoped. Had to remove the pan-hard bar, swaybar and then drop the rear end to get to all the bolts. I thought a couple of hours and it turned into about 5hrs.

I've also spent some time prepping the car for the CAM Challenge East event in Peru, IN next month.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
11/23/15 7:35 p.m.

Did you make it to Peru?

Stang_guy03
Stang_guy03 Reader
11/24/15 6:50 p.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

Yes I did, it was an absolute blast. Some of the fast guys in the country and some of the coolest cars. My co-driver and I got our asses handed to us, but the car performed flawlessly. I made into one of the runs offs on a draw and made it through the first round. But over drove the car in the second. I had started to rain and was getting slick. Will be back next year for sure.

My year is over and my consilation prize for getting my ass kicked all year was winning the local title for CAM-C

I have some mods to do to clean up the handling. Maybe a few ponies squeezed out of the mill. Then I'm putting on some true 200tw tires going after some better finishes.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2UEWr7KT8dEKIloMMOuwmoVnwqwSt7AZXRaVUNQy2fRSkMn5tAyNZ4nQE4ACgbnT