1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 50
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/20 7:43 a.m.

Prep time is the same.  Drip edge, underlayment.  It took 30 minutes to do the big side panels.  That was just under 5 squares.  It would probably take me, not a roofer but very experienced carpenter who has done too many roofs, 5 hours to do with someone feeding me shingles.  

I'm paying for going at it all weekend, i'm sore.  Materials for Thursday job aren't coming in until Thursday afternoon, so moving them to monday, and today's job of replace a broken cast iron 4" stack in a basement so that i can install the kitchen sink without it pouring  water everywhere is now thursday's ordeal.  That's a vacant house that tow truck buddy bought so it's on my time.  

Also my face and scalp and sunburned, in march, in NE ohio.  

the $120 "returnable pallet" for the roofing is just $132 worth of 20' 2x4 banded together.  I'm going to cut the bands and ratchet strap them together so they stay relatively straight and just keep them because i needed a small stack of 20' 2x4 anyway.  

Patrick
3/9/20 3:30 p.m.

Things are happening.  In typical fashion i had no idea they were coming today, luckily i was home to move some stuff around 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/9/20 3:49 p.m.

Yay?!

Patrick
3/9/20 4:02 p.m.

No more mudpit 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
3/9/20 4:09 p.m.

Looking great!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/9/20 4:16 p.m.

Pur-D

Patrick
3/10/20 7:14 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/10/20 7:16 p.m.

Abso-berkeleying-lutely awesome!!!!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/10/20 7:26 p.m.

Your post are 10 feet apart?  Just 1x4 strapping for the OSB?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/10/20 7:48 p.m.

So shiny........

Patrick
3/10/20 9:12 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

8' OC posts and 2x4 wall girts.  Amish guys stapled osb up, i overkill so i shot it on with 2" ring shank nails.  I am slightly upset that i can't look out and see my garden anymore, but I won't be upset anymore when the shop is done and i have room to move and get to look out at a clean driveway without tarps and the stupid harbor freight "garage"

looks like i have room for the 6'8" door i framed up front.  I framed 80" from expected floor and they pitched the last foot for water keepy outy purposes so i have 81" now.  That helps because i should just have room for the door to clear the rafters on the low end and the track will be high enough for the man door to clear them.  

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/20 9:16 p.m.

Looking awesome. I am a fan of metal roofs for many many reasons.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
3/11/20 12:35 p.m.

So ten days until everything is cured enough to start moving vehicles around?

Patrick
3/11/20 6:42 p.m.

10-14 from yesterday, but the only one going in is the Devin because it's occupying the trailer i need to pick up the doors, siding, and lift.  If I move stuff in I'll never finish things 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/20 6:46 p.m.

I'm sorry, all I can think of the is the episode of M*A*S*H where they fought and finally got the authorization to make their own concrete floors, and when they did it they got the mix wrong, and Hawkeye was like "Great, we just made a lot of oatmeal"

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/11/20 7:16 p.m.

Wow, that pic looks like the entire yard behind the original garage is now shop.

Which wouldn't really be a bad thing...

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
3/13/20 5:51 p.m.

Is there any REbar or #6 welded wire in your new smooothasababiesbuttshinyarse floor?

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/13/20 5:55 p.m.
Patrick said:

Working on roofing

lift ordered.  In a couple weeks I'll need help getting the Devin out of the trailer and into the garage onto wheel dollies so i can take the trailer to pick up the lift.  

What lift did you order? I need to do the same but am paralyzed with a decision. 

Patrick
3/13/20 7:16 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

Titan 8000lb 4 post from wholesalelifts.com on recommendation from Gumby.  I like his Atlas lift and the Titan is same lift different name.  For me i think the fact that it can be rolled against a wall and have 2 cars take up 1 spot is huge.  Plus 2 posts make me nervous.  

we're officially shut down for at least 2 weeks because we go mostly into homes of elderly.  While yes it blows i now have zero income, i have time to knock out the garage.  Framing inspector is coming monday morning then i can begin finish work.  Once doors/siding are done i can get the final then build my loft.  

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/13/20 7:24 p.m.

Ugh, that sucks but at least you're in good shape for it.  Plus the grosh will make a great distraction!

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
3/13/20 7:33 p.m.

hello???? I'm slab obsessed .......rebar????

Patrick
3/13/20 8:02 p.m.

Wire

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
3/13/20 8:06 p.m.

thank you ....I've never seen this type of pour before .....so how thick is this 4"?

Patrick
3/13/20 8:18 p.m.

Yes.  same level as original side so my doors all line up for moving stuff.

going to go scrounge pallets at the industrial park tomorrow so i can lay them around the building to walk on instead of mud.  

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
3/13/20 8:31 p.m.

Thank you............

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BWFYXoy6eLP83mtYBLCTbWWdG6h9wAxBauRPtEN0KH2zlkxi8NspxqoM62GbgfVw