1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50
Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/20 7:38 p.m.

Smaller 4' deep on other end, above where work bench and lathe and probably drill press and who knows what else will go, basically free space.  Going to toss some task lighting under it once i know what is going where.  

shelves down side for bottles and cans of stuff

rack built into wall for fabrication pieces

getting so close to getting everything settled that i can almost justify staying out here for a few hours tonight and getting things wrapped up, but it's been a long day

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/5/20 8:03 p.m.

Have I told you lately that your Devin is sexy as berk?

6/5/20 8:16 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Not for a couple months 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/5/20 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Sorry obviously I suck as an enabler.  I should tell you how sexy your Devin is more often.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
6/5/20 9:35 p.m.

Happy to help! (And get out of the house!)

I must admit to oogling the Devin when I was supposed to be working, the wood in the pass side door kept catching my eye.

In related news, the only thing better than a friend with extra firewood is a friend with extra firewood and a bobcat to load it.  Bucking logs in the back of an S10 is way easier on the back.  Thanks Patrick!

6/6/20 7:26 a.m.

The skidsteer went home yesterday.  I could use it indefinitely but I got all the hard stuff done and didn't want to keep his machine forever.  I have 5 giant pine logs on the trailer for the sawmill.  

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
6/6/20 8:55 a.m.

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that the Devin is the most eagerly awaited build thread on the forum.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
6/6/20 9:19 a.m.

Patrick, will there be a centrally located knee brace under the loft back into the exterior wall....I presume the 2x4 was there for construction purposes? +1 for exposed wall studs to hide stuff in between.

6/6/20 9:42 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

No am going to do the triangulation from above off the knee braces that go to the trusses.  Undecided if it's going to be wood and screws or cables and turnbuckles. 2x4 leg is indeed temporary.   I used 2x 2x6 to carry the front of the 4' deep one.  2x 2x12 for the 6' one and I'm probably going to put some railing up there because I anticipate kids running around on it while i'm not looking.  

the 6' deep one will be mostly for light bulky things that take up too much floor space like body panels.  Stuff i can carry up the ladder safely that do not need accessed more than once when they get installed.  

6/6/20 7:17 p.m.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/6/20 7:28 p.m.

That is awesome

6/6/20 7:41 p.m.

Started filling the metal rack 

6/7/20 1:00 p.m.

Super pumped about this vintage articulating light i got that clamped right to the table my vintage atlas lathe is on and the bulb even worked!

6/7/20 1:38 p.m.
Apexcarver said:

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that the Devin is the most eagerly awaited build thread on the forum.

It's getting to me, but i'm not leaving the couple half done cars half done.  I heart this little car so much.  From the first time i saw the pictures of it on craigslist.  Getting it was one of those epic chase stories.  It's been an adventure and a half already.

getting ready to move it to a sleepy corner for a while 

out of curiosity because i knew they changed drums along the way somewhere and this car has 2 steel and 2 aluminum meaning they probably used what they could get along the way somewhere, it's wearing 15" front and 16" rear wheels.  16's were later.  I have a set of 5 matching 16's with my later model drums. 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/7/20 1:53 p.m.

You can probably just hang it off the ceiling like a bike or a kayak

6/7/20 7:58 p.m.

My old school otis elevator maintenance cabinet now has a home 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/20 10:07 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Now you just need the matching elevator for easier loft access!

6/8/20 1:47 p.m.

Brown santa came today 

6/8/20 2:30 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Brown santa came today 

First time for this ????

6/8/20 3:04 p.m.

Yep i have one manifold by the compressor and just used 50' hose to get to stuff.  That's going to stay but i'll tee off the tank and send one side to that and one to a new 3/4 regulator filter and the new lines.  One outlet by big door and a couple manifolds in other places.  Have a 25' retractable hose reel to go close to the lift too that i got when we cleaned out an estate house where they didn't want it.  

John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/20 3:25 p.m.

Oooohh me likey. 

Where did you source that kit?

6/8/20 5:21 p.m.

In reply to John Brown (Forum Supporter) :

Was cheapest on ebay by a few dollars over northern tool, which ironically in northern ohio we do not have

6/9/20 6:19 p.m.

Apparently the devin is slightly wider at the chest than at the hips where i was measuring and it would not actually fit through the golf cart sized door by 2".  So i ordered a roll of the clear slat curtain door stuff and i'll make a 6' wide door from that, which bonus will fit the Wartburg through so i can roll it right back instead of out and around.  Started dismantling the opening but it was 92 today so i only put in an hour

6/10/20 7:52 p.m.

6/10/20 8:26 p.m.

rainbows trump anything coming our way....just chill

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rLfIkG3WTfrdNfdbzGcf06tW0xVvUaKNVDjCiqNDNkJI9tFyVzOmDa0HHBasnymM