1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50
preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/15/22 8:45 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Hit me up and we will cruise Route 1a in NH. It's a slow speed road that I wish they'd open up to full speed every year.

It's all fantastic turns and multi-million dollar houses...and the Atlantic.

43.0481374251309, -70.72157489602507

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/22 11:20 a.m.

I have done productive things

8+ year old gas, fired immediately. The plan is to part it out as far as I can take it to maximize return and use the engine/trans in my 54 Belair. Wiring Specialties makes a standalone harness for stock ECU. It pissed oil from somewhere, but I only ran it long enough to make sure it ran and didn't make bad noises. I've been wanting to swap the 54 to a boosted 6 for years, and it will allow me to just swiped the complete 350/th350 and dump them right into the chevelle which is the absolute quickest way to get it back running. The 54 has been sitting for 9 years and needs a complete going through anyway, so berkeley it let's do this. This car came with enough everything to make it happen and I will even see about making the fuel tank work. Even if I have to change the trunk floor around, it's already been cut out once and I want to do it better this time. 

Priorities for this stage of shenanigans include finishing the front suspension and steering rebuild on the chevelle so it can roll again and getting the Belair here from my parents barn to pull the engine/trans from. Moving forward this solves a lot of problems including that I needed to steal some stuff off the 54's engine for the Wartburg that is one-off stuff I made for engine accessories. The Chevelle uses long water pump so none of that would be needed, and I'll just need to have my uncle build one of my holley cores for it. 

Finally having some clarity and a plan of attack is good. I REALLY wanted to RB25DET the Belair but with prices of those engines sky high I just don't want to spend the cash vs this $1000 twin turbo V6/5 speed donor car.

Patrick
10/17/22 11:20 a.m.

I have done productive things

8+ year old gas, fired immediately. The plan is to part it out as far as I can take it to maximize return and use the engine/trans in my 54 Belair. Wiring Specialties makes a standalone harness for stock ECU. It pissed oil from somewhere, but I only ran it long enough to make sure it ran and didn't make bad noises. I've been wanting to swap the 54 to a boosted 6 for years, and it will allow me to just swiped the complete 350/th350 and dump them right into the chevelle which is the absolute quickest way to get it back running. The 54 has been sitting for 9 years and needs a complete going through anyway, so berkeley it let's do this. This car came with enough everything to make it happen and I will even see about making the fuel tank work. Even if I have to change the trunk floor around, it's already been cut out once and I want to do it better this time. 

Priorities for this stage of shenanigans include finishing the front suspension and steering rebuild on the chevelle so it can roll again and getting the Belair here from my parents barn to pull the engine/trans from. Moving forward this solves a lot of problems including that I needed to steal some stuff off the 54's engine for the Wartburg that is one-off stuff I made for engine accessories. The Chevelle uses long water pump so none of that would be needed, and I'll just need to have my uncle build one of my holley cores for it. 

Finally having some clarity and a plan of attack is good. I REALLY wanted to RB25DET the Belair but with prices of those engines sky high I just don't want to spend the cash vs this $1000 twin turbo V6/5 speed donor car.

Patrick
10/17/22 11:44 a.m.

Also we've got some fun stuff in the works. Podcast studio equipment on the way, new domain bought, networking initiated.  All this is related to my IG handle, so it will be vehicle related.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/17/22 11:45 a.m.

And who needs TWO rb powered cars anyhow, amirite?

Patrick
10/17/22 12:06 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

The whole purpose of things now is stop having redundant stuff. I'm down to one LS vehicle(though i have 3 more engines). Variety is the spice of life as they say. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/17/22 11:18 p.m.

VG30DETT in a 54 Belair.   I suspect that's never been done before.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
10/18/22 8:57 a.m.

And there'll be an official build thread? .......or is there one already?

Patrick
10/18/22 10:48 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

There may have been circa 2005 but all pics would be dead so there will be something new I'm sure. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
10/18/22 11:07 a.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to 759NRNG :

There may have been circa 2005 but all pics would be dead so there will be something new I'm sure. 

Woot!!!!

Patrick
11/3/22 4:11 p.m.

used Grandma Stampie's new truck to take in 1360 pounds of scrap at a dismal $60/ton. I'll be hoarding my copper and brass at whatever low price they're at for when it swings back up. It was $135/ton in September.  I ditched all the type1 vw stuff I had except dual port heads, I tried for 3 years to find it a home and now it all does, in a scrap pile. I could have separated the aluminum out but didn't want to make 2 trips and just wanted it gone, the $40.80 is whatever because the clear shelf space is the winner of the day

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/3/22 4:20 p.m.

Nice day for NE Ohio.....sent you a GTR email teaser.....

Patrick
11/4/22 3:02 p.m.

Drove a cosmo today, such a neat car. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/4/22 3:24 p.m.
Patrick said:

used Grandma Stampie's new truck to take in 1360 pounds of scrap at a dismal $60/ton. I'll be hoarding my copper and brass at whatever low price they're at for when it swings back up. It was $135/ton in September.  I ditched all the type1 vw stuff I had except dual port heads, I tried for 3 years to find it a home and now it all does, in a scrap pile. I could have separated the aluminum out but didn't want to make 2 trips and just wanted it gone, the $40.80 is whatever because the clear shelf space is the winner of the day

It's funny.  Part of me says I should have tried to get those spare transmissions from you just in case.  Another part of me says, "you only put a few hundred miles on the Beetle this year."

Patrick
11/4/22 9:07 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I tossed the one with the cracked off mount point, i have the other one and kept the pair of dual port heads for you. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/5/22 11:11 a.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

I tossed the one with the cracked off mount point, i have the other one and kept the pair of dual port heads for you. 

Thank you!

Patrick
11/5/22 12:30 p.m.

I'll bring you the heads and trans as a thank you for transportation and storage of that axle housing when I come down soon. 

finished the railing and skirting on the grill porch and it's done now

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/5/22 1:00 p.m.

The progress on your home during the life of this thread is amazing.

Patrick
11/22/22 3:06 p.m.

Bid adieu to the murderbike today, more garage space, and not having to worry about hurting someone else's vehicle while in my shop 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/22/22 6:50 p.m.

What pedigree was this instrument of pain and mayhem?

Patrick
11/22/22 8:42 p.m.

04 kawasaki zx12r

Patrick
11/29/22 7:02 a.m.

doing a run today, picking up my 9" housing to narrow for the 57 after a roundabout grm relay from NC>Challenge>Cincinnati courtesy of steve stafford and EastSide tim

Patrick
12/12/22 10:34 a.m.

scored this free, or had it pawned off on me. Which of those it may be is TBD

best case i sell anything good, make something cool of the nose or tail, and scrap the balance, worst case i sell anything good and scrap the balance

tperkins
tperkins Reader
12/12/22 10:44 a.m.
Patrick said:

Drove a cosmo today, such a neat car. 

What's the story on this

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
12/12/22 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

What's the title status of the Impala?  Or is it too far gone anyway?

1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lc7JwPZH7YUp7nAk2HCASNDaWorneQLX8KigY2cIFQIDMga2gvwawZHZtLpRy6Jz