1 2
rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
9/24/20 2:06 p.m.

Those are interesting!  They kind of make one wonder if it will be possible to tell the differences in boost reaction that may occur between the two sides, as the longer one may create a much different quantity of exhaust gas velocity to the turbo than the other (maybe a bit of lag, but only by contrast).  Square is cool, though!

Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
9/24/20 9:38 p.m.
rustomatic said:

Those are interesting!  They kind of make one wonder if it will be possible to tell the differences in boost reaction that may occur between the two sides, as the longer one may create a much different quantity of exhaust gas velocity to the turbo than the other (maybe a bit of lag, but only by contrast).  Square is cool, though!

I considered it, but not enough to care.  smiley.  we will find out though!

Looks like this hood is going to get a turbo bump.

Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
9/28/20 10:45 a.m.

The manifolds, and turbos are in.  The cold side is done (just need to final weld it.) Oil feed, and drain are in, and water hoses are connected.  Next I will run my wiring harness, and install the ecu.  Hoping to start the car this wweek

solfly
solfly Dork
9/28/20 7:54 p.m.

No hood?

Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
9/28/20 9:30 p.m.

I will be running a hood, but it will be put it on absolutely last.  It's so nice to work on without the hood, I'm in no hurry to put it back.  I have a hood I plan to put on that I can chop up, and put some sweet ass turbo bumps on.

tip
tip New Reader
9/29/20 8:04 a.m.

Man I need that cart setup you have there!

java230
java230 UberDork
9/29/20 11:52 a.m.

Moving rapidly!!

Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
10/6/20 5:45 p.m.

https://youtu.be/oHQDfg8kMNM

Starts, runs, and drives.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/6/20 8:58 p.m.

Hey neighbor, I'm just down in Aurora.

Congrats on getting it up and running!

Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
10/6/20 9:21 p.m.

In reply to GPz11 (Forum Supporter) :

Good to see another enthusiast in the suburbs!  Trying to take advantage of the good weather while I can.

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/21/22 10:33 a.m.

I know this is a very old thread, but just wanted to say thanks for documenting everything so well. As a person who wants an LS type motor in his Volvo 960 it is helpful to see the process. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uI640CpGBRF1o4cYnNpWxQLqAhLIez17LCBOYG48NJ9hVcCUj02pduszZvtSUWdq