1 ... 4 5 6
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
11/2/19 12:32 p.m.

It's everything I remembered it being and more.  

My phone was nice enough to remind me that I have officially been flat tracking for one year.  I don't know that my riding has improved, but the bike sure looks different. cheeky

11/7/19 6:59 p.m.

Could have sworn there was a post asking how practice went, it appears to have been disappeared, but all I can say is "Strikes and Gutters, man".

I'll post a real update sometime Sunday with a little backstory on how we ended up at this point, but I can assure you that it was nothing good.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
11/7/19 7:50 p.m.

Something is missing.....

Damn, hope you can get it back to the track soon.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/24/20 2:13 p.m.

Are you going to be racing at the One Moto show in a couple weeks? I'm so excited they're holding the races at the venue as the show this year. 

2/5/20 2:21 p.m.

Yep, I'll be there.  My bike is actually in the show, too.  Speaking of which, the bike is different now.

New build is a Ossa Dick Mann Replica frame of unknown provenance.  Pretty sure it's not authentic, but I'm no expert.  Currently stuck together with a modified Super Pioneer swingarm and a couple of other "wrong" parts.

Kinda abandoned this thread... I found the action cam thing to be stressful and abandoned that, too.  Results this year have been a little lacklustre.  Mostly 2nd-3rd at most races.  Currently 2nd in points for the year with 2 rounds remaining.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
2/5/20 2:45 p.m.

A quick web search did not turn up a current schedule? Linky?

thatsnowinnebago
2/5/20 2:59 p.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado :

Double rad. I'll look for your bike in the show and I'll be the stranger cheering for 55 on the sidelines. 

Edit: 2nd or 3rd place seems pretty good to me. I was happy to see top ten from last year's autocross season.

2/5/20 4:02 p.m.

Here's the Salem Indoor schedule, if that's what you're looking for.  The 1 Pro races should be pretty much all day Saturday.  I think amateur main events are going to start around 6pm.

2/7/20 8:45 p.m.

I have totally rode into this show on my buddy Todd's coattails, but I feel like I have kind of made it some small weird way.  

Track is looking amazing.  Going to be absolutely bonkers to race in a 12,000 seat arena.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
2/7/20 9:35 p.m.

Kick some ass!

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/7/20 11:57 p.m.

My buddy that's a old time flat tracker is going to be there. I'll tell him to keep an eye out for you.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/8/20 12:53 a.m.

I'm so stoked for this!

thatsnowinnebago
2/8/20 5:36 p.m.

I'm pretty sure I found where your bike used to be. This was at like 2:50 so I'm guessing you were actually on it for qualifying. If I'm right, that's pretty clever of them to replace it with something so close. 

2/19/20 6:01 p.m.

Well, The 1 Pro race didn't turn out how I wanted.  Turns out it is incredibly difficult to come across dry clay in the Pacific Northwest in the middle of winter.  The track never packed in, never got a groove, and turned into a rutted gnarly mess.  It's been just shy of two weeks and my back is just now starting to feel normal.

If they do it at the Coliseum next year I'm going to have either my Stiletto or the Phantom set up ready to go for "E36 M3ty Motocross", which is sadly what the races were this year.

Still, I'm excited for the last Salem race of the season.  Sadly, the next race has been cancelled for a horse show.  Increasingly sad, with one race left in the season, my buddy Landon will have to earn a DNF in order for me to win the championship.  I'm going to push them for a double points round to make up for the cancellation, but I am probably alone in that.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
2/19/20 11:19 p.m.

Did the outside lane work for the hole shot??

1 ... 4 5 6
Our Preferred Partners
9W11k6NeF1ccvp9kikAeUqg1Bqg1fUozE9ujk7IcpyCoRjdrN3hp9d4IFljXhawU