1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
ctk339
ctk339 Reader
7/25/19 8:56 p.m.

Did a few laps around the parking lot

gets hot still, I think it’s from the really small crank pulley , the upper hose was 190 and the lower is 115

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
7/25/19 10:30 p.m.

At least the radiator is doing it’s share of work!

watch the catch can breather.  If it gets full or spits out oil it might end up on the exhaust and it wouldn’t be the first fire caused by that. 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
8/10/19 6:38 p.m.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
8/21/19 10:28 a.m.

Time to start cleaning up and getting rid of stuff 

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
8/22/19 9:14 p.m.
ctk339 said:

Did a few laps around the parking lot

gets hot still, I think it’s from the really small crank pulley , the upper hose was 190 and the lower is 115

I'm not sure about your car specifically, but the modern Cup stuff runs high coolant pressures (75psi or so) and correspondingly high coolant temps.  The reason for doing that is it takes less airflow to maintain 260°F than 200°F coolant for the same outside air temp, so there's less aero penalty.  If your body was designed around a similar system, it may not be intended to flow enough air to maintain "street car" coolant temps as you start working it harder.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
8/23/19 5:43 a.m.

I actually just took it out again, I actually drove it this time and got into second, my theory didn’t work, I figured driving with the average rpm up and even getting up over 6000 rpm would give the water pump enough speed to move water

the motor ended up getting pretty hot but the radiator seemed like it was still way cooler than the motor 

my radiator cap is around 30psi

think maybe something might be clogged or tapped off of the impeller in my motor is wrong, time to start taking it apart 

on a side note it was a blast to drive and feels great 

think im going to put 750 front coils and 300 rear coils in, I think the existing is a little softer than that 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
9/18/19 5:30 a.m.

Been just doing some boring stuff, did a crappy paint job on the fender, hopefully get the glass in it soon.

I took everything apart on the cooling system, re routed the steam ports so nothing can bypass and seemed to help a little, but I think the cheap fan I bought isn’t enough, hopefully this Davies Craig one works better, draws twice as much amps and is a lot deeper 

Springs are all swapped, might just try to do the alignment myself or run by a local race shop about setting it up, scaling etc. might be better that way. I’ve got a 40 lb block of lead that fits in the left side frame rail, also going to mount the fire extinguishers there. Hopefully the car is pretty balanced, I made the motor mounts shifted a good bit toward the passenger side, also my seat mounts were centered between the mounts, which is a little more right than the previous seat 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
9/19/19 8:21 p.m.

16” fan in, supposed to draw 19 amps vs the previous 14” at 8. Hope it helps, can feel a big difference. I’ll see how it works before I add a seal against the radiator 

hopefully going to start looking at putting glass in soon, painting the wheels that came on the car and mounting new tires and a bunch more odds and end, maybe a track day in a month??

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
9/22/19 9:19 p.m.

Fan seems to have worked 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
9/29/19 1:05 p.m.

I like how these silver wheels look, 10” wide vs 9.5” that I have and also 20 vs 26 pounds, I’ll just go ahead and get the other three 

added the automatic fire extinguisher to the fuel cell, firebottle makes one that does fuel cell and cockpit along with a manual release that does cockpit and engine, I’ll get this after my first time out to make sure everything works 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
10/6/19 8:23 a.m.

New wheels rub the calipers, ordered some spacers 

Aligned as best I could, little less than 3* camber and about 9.5* caster, also a little bit of toe out, need to verify once I get it on the ground with the spacers 

started mounting the rear glass also, taking a little longer than I thought drilling the holes and counter sinking

Guess I can start working on the side skirts at some point also  

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
10/9/19 7:24 p.m.

Maybe I’ll be able to find 18s that fit on eBay soon 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
10/11/19 5:01 a.m.

Hopefully this is good enough, need one more strap

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
10/11/19 3:35 p.m.

Do you think there’s a ride height that’s too low? I know my front upper control arms are pretty steep and the upper and slightly pointed up. On the rear what if I were to go even lower , think the front is about as low as I can go. Might lower the rear about another 1”

really need to do something to make this less ugly, full wrap maybe 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/11/19 5:26 p.m.

I've got no nascar advice. The silhouette looks great. But I'm itching for a track day.  Let's go.  

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
10/11/19 6:49 p.m.

I'm done studying the 25th, want to go to Starke a week or two after, just have a few more things to button it up, been just working on it once a week lately 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
10/12/19 6:16 p.m.

Need some more bolts for the front, have some Lexan coming for the side windows. 

Need to bleed brakes, check alignment again,  and some other small things like battery cover and sealing the inner fenders 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
10/15/19 8:59 a.m.

Looking at nascar, they seemed to remove the ride height restriction, idk how much is just lowering the body vs suspension. I imagine a lot of suspension since they tried to use soft springs to have the downforce push them down

also noticed the track bar is mounted on the passenger side now, they used to be drivers on road courses 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
11/2/19 6:28 p.m.

not good at putting on decals, will put some more behind the tire nascar style

Drove it today though, car is very fast now that it has traction, probably too much car for me lol 

didnt get hot with the new fan stayed pretty steady temp though

Think I'll leave the 5.13 rear for when I go to "TheFIRM", then swap to 3.30 and change all the fluids

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
11/8/19 8:03 a.m.

Looking at doing first track day next weekend, have this weekend to prep

Going to double check everything, bring extra fluids etc, tires, just want to make sure I don't forget anything. 

I'll try to make some more laps around the industrial park again this weekend 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
11/30/19 10:28 a.m.

Car felt really good besides the misfire. Drove extremely slow though 

going to change fluids and rear end gears for next time. I also have all new cool packs and spark plugs, hopefully that fixes the misfire. Have other misc things to finish also 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
12/19/19 8:23 a.m.

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
12/28/19 10:06 a.m.

Changed some seals, moved o2 sensor, working on getting car tuned, trying to finalize some other things, side skirts brake ducts etc 

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
12/31/19 4:52 a.m.

Might be too embarrassed to post a video from this view until I learn to drive better lol

mfennell
mfennell Reader
12/31/19 8:07 a.m.

Glad to see you got out in it!

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
utyRaxAdIFV0UbPRr3turQPFL4HiA2xLd5fcS1CFvzfUBOlHtbo6MKwolObSZxbM