1 2 3 4
DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli New Reader
10/8/19 9:49 a.m.
buzzboy said:

I really like the exposed DRET tank. Kinda steampunkish, bolting improvements onto an older piece of technology.

Thanks, I wasn't trying to have it so high (center of gravity) but had no where else to put it. This is my dream truck and 65-80 horse power just isn't enough. So modern technology is a must.

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli New Reader
10/8/19 9:53 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

Someone must make wood spoke wheels that will fit 305 - wide rubber....

Wooden rims would be sweet.

I just googled it. Didn't find any "Modern" widths. May be I'll add "Patina" to the rims to tone them down.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/8/19 10:36 a.m.

I have no firsthand knowledge of this product but it looks cool. Get some custom wood graphics applied to your wheels of choice :D

https://www.ezautowrap.com/products/19x-38-hydrographic-wood-grain-print-4

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli New Reader
12/29/19 7:46 p.m.

Back at it,

Not wanting depend on this wooden structure to save my live if someone T-Bones me a roll cage is vital. Also, I plan to use the roll cage as a replacement for wooden structure.

The tubing I have is 1 3/4 x .120, I feel this is overkill but I didn't want to buy another die for the bender.

The truck being modular is really helpful since I can take every panel off, gives me a wee bit more room to work in this small truck.

I forgot to measure the rear brace bar to make sure they were even, but whatever I already welded it. 

If I'm going to make a cage I might as well make it follow someones rules. I've been looking at SCCA, Time Attack, and a few others. Seems like most of the rule are kind of vague and hard for me to understand since I know nothing about roll cages. I need pictures to their words. *Side note* I went with the Halo instead of the one piece A-bars. Searching  other vehicle roll cages on the Ol' googles. Looks like most people go above what is required. I'm just trying to get my base line so I can brace  and gusset from there.

Anyways... have a good night.

Oh yeah, She/Him... it starts : )

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli New Reader
10/21/20 12:17 a.m.

It has been a while

here's an Update...

Alternator wanted to live where the fenders are so had to buy a kit to move the Alt in about 3 inches. It also got me a AC compressor for future comfort.

Now a new problem came up. With the new SFI harmonic balancer it is hitting the steering rack... I had to cut off one side of the steering rack mounting tab and weld it. I add washers to make up the difference with the mount position. (first time welding aluminum)

To take the sub-frame off I have to take the whole frame off so since it was taken a part added the new Tilton Slave Cylinder. Reason for the new slave I couldn't find a company  who makes an adapter fitting for the factory LS7 slave cylinder.

I was talking to another Z06 corvette owner and he has a car with 10k miles on his engine and his valve dropped and wrecked his block. He gave me advice and said don't start your engine back up until you have fixed the heads. So on the side of caution I got the new valves in the heads and had them ported and polish it. This is a known LS7 engine problem : ( American Heritage Performance did the head work. Nice company to work with.

As of now I am waiting for wooden Hinge Pillars (A- Pillars) to be made for me so I can locate the doors and get the body some what straight. Once those come in I be working on it again...

Have a good Day.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/20 8:44 a.m.

Glad to see this on Page 1 again!

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli New Reader
10/22/20 7:11 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm happy you are enjoying my journey.

Have a good day.

bonylad
bonylad GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/23/20 8:23 a.m.

An amazingly beautiful build! 

jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/23/20 9:29 a.m.

Ahp is a great company and you made a good choice.  Not to cause any unnecessary worry but there are also issues with the titanium rods wearing out as well as rockers coming apart.   The rockers, if I recall correctly, are limited to certain years. 

However many others never have problems.  I wouldn't lose sleep but just be aware!  

looks great!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/23/20 9:35 a.m.

Glad to see this one on track again. I had assumed that it had derailed due to "life happening" as is so common with long term builds.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/20 9:54 a.m.

Agreed. I had forgotten about this.

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli New Reader
10/23/20 8:47 p.m.

I sincerely appreciate the appreciation.

American Heritage Performance was a very easy company to deal with. They knew their stuff. It was crazy to see that their building wasn't as big as I thought it would be for their online presence and how many customers they have.  It go to show you can do a lot in a small space with the right guys. 

I get sad walking by it every time I go to my parent's house. With that being said I haven't worked on it since July due to the doors dropping 6 inches when you open them. I ordered the wood in August. Maybe sometime in early next year I'll have the wooden A-pillars. Because of this it has been sent to the backyard...broken heart

Funny you said derailment. Not a full derailment more of a side project...?  You have to have the next one inline just in case...right??

I need to do something car related in my spare time. Soooo... since I can't work on the CorVuck I started this... The KB2-R.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/kb2-r-build.219816/#post-2849546

Have a Good Day

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli New Reader
4/16/21 2:35 p.m.

Well, it finally came in Ordered-Aug 2020 Received-April 2021.

This is what $800 pieces of wood looks like. 

The sad part is... I have chosen to keep the CorVuck build on hold until the 1949 International KB2 is legal to drive.  I got the 1949 international KB2 build to a point where I want to continue. 

If you want to follow the International Build through videos. You can check them out here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFHajX9a7Y-opBhkgrvcOA

Till Next Time.

OdyessyOfEli
OdyessyOfEli
7/4/23 7:33 p.m.

It's been a long time, almost 3 years since it has moved.

Happy 4 of July.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
7/5/23 9:58 p.m.

Well????!  Is it fired up yet??

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli New Reader
7/6/23 10:37 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Nope, I sold it...crying

7/6/23 11:06 a.m.
DreamsOfEli said:

In reply to jfryjfry :

Nope, I sold it...crying

which one?

OdyessyOfEli
OdyessyOfEli New Reader
7/6/23 11:54 p.m.
DreamsOfEli said:

In reply to jfryjfry :

Nope, I sold it...crying

which one?

I didn't sell anything but I did steal parts from this project to build my 1949 International. For not touching it for 3 years, I have to look for all the parts I bought and remember what I was going to do.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
7/7/23 7:42 a.m.

Did OdyessyOfEli buy Corvuck from DreamsOfEli? Cool project I want to see driving.

7/7/23 10:54 a.m.

dang that International is super-cool

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
7/7/23 4:04 p.m.

Oh baby that international ticks a lot of "heckin sweet" boxes.

OdyessyOfEli
OdyessyOfEli New Reader
7/9/23 3:54 p.m.
buzzboy said:

Oh baby that international ticks a lot of "heckin sweet" boxes.

dang that International is super-cool

Thanks, I really like the way the International turned out. I still have thing I need to fix and add to make it a little better for future tasks and 40's. It NEEDs 40 inch tires.

TurnerX19 said:

Did OdyessyOfEli buy Corvuck from DreamsOfEli? Cool project I want to see driving.

No, I didn't even know I had two accounts here. I just signed into something

It's new resting place, hopefully it doesnt sit another 3 years.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
7/9/23 6:46 p.m.

Bring it .....definitely following along ..thank you for keeping it!!!!

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
7/10/23 8:17 a.m.

First time I saw this and just read through it all....great project!

OdyessyOfEli
OdyessyOfEli New Reader
7/14/23 10:26 a.m.
759NRNG said:

Bring it .....definitely following along ..thank you for keeping it!!!!

I was just kidding about selling it. I don't think I can part with it, I'm far to invested in it to sell it and I like it. Thanks for following along.

TurboFource said:

First time I saw this and just read through it all....great project!

Thank you.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mpmoh7XGdCkkVF2hZYnHorajdd5Gucd1bu01192TJ0OXZhHiYX8ETrDDhwj1L9lR