1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/19 9:37 a.m.

elevens on residential streets make the residents look like mouth-breathing ass-monkeys.   my sub has concrete streets.   friend of neighbor laid a heavy set about three houses long two years ago.   they're still there, and they still look hillbilly.   i'll throw a brick at that motherberkeleyer if i see him doing it again.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/19 10:26 a.m.

As a resident mouth-breathing ass-donkey, I can assure you the property values on my street, in one of the poorest, highest-crime, worst areas of Atlanta for urban blight, were not adversely affected. Half the houses in that photo are abandoned AKA best neighbors ever.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/30/19 10:43 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

elevens on residential streets make the residents look like mouth-breathing ass-monkeys.   my sub has concrete streets.   friend of neighbor laid a heavy set about three houses long two years ago.   they're still there, and they still look hillbilly.   i'll throw a brick at that motherberkeleyer if i see him doing it again.

G aren't you the same guy that's been begging me to do burnouts in neon, and challenge cars, and a duster?

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/30/19 11:20 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/19 11:31 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

mouth-breathing 

Hmmm. I think I've been saying that wrong. I always said it as mouth breeding. Like you know penis sucker. Learn something new. 

AngryCorvair
5/30/19 12:31 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:

G aren't you the same guy that's been begging me to do burnouts in neon, and challenge cars, and a duster?

YES!!! but not in MY neighborhood.   

Dusterbd13-michael
5/30/19 12:38 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:

fair enough. I'm the only house on a dead-end street in the corner of the neighborhood. Nobody else access is this street but me. They just freshly repaved it as well. it's been a strong urge to tattoo the street with my new drag slicks.

AngryCorvair
5/30/19 1:56 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

YouTube or it didn’t happen!

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/19 2:01 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:

fair enough. I'm the only house on a dead-end street in the corner of the neighborhood. Nobody else access is this street but me. They just freshly repaved it as well. it's been a strong urge to tattoo the street with my new drag slicks.

You know my street and neighbors. Ill let em eat. The best part is the machine shop dude was warming slicks up on his pad. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/30/19 2:23 p.m.
Professor_Brap said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:

You know my street and neighbors. Ill let em eat. The best part is the machine shop dude was warming slicks up on his pad. 

used to live across the street from a guy with a really long straight concrete driveway. He actually had a water box and Christmas tree installed near his garage door so he can practice his reaction times during the week it has drag GTO

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/19 2:29 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Professor_Brap said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:

used to live across the street from a guy with a really long straight concrete driveway. He actually had a water box and Christmas tree installed near his garage door so he can practice his reaction times during the week it has drag GTO

Trails lets us in on week nights to do the same thing when the weather is not trash. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/31/19 8:49 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I’ve been to your house and seen your hood.  Elevens would fit right in.  

AngryCorvair
5/31/19 9:28 a.m.
Patrick said:
AngryCorvair said:

ok, now the gloves are off.  enjoy your "it takes a village" challenge car.   i hope you saved a Hillary sticker for the back bumper.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
5/31/19 9:45 a.m.

Can’t tell if serious or witty banter...

Patrick
5/31/19 11:33 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:
Patrick said:
AngryCorvair said:

ok, now the gloves are off.  enjoy your "it takes a village" challenge car.   i hope you saved a Hillary sticker for the back bumper.

I’m more of a social anarchist 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/31/19 11:35 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

You need a reproduction 70s Communist Party bumper sticker for the back of that one. The Datsun needs some form of bre logo. I'm still trying to find inappropriate Axis power bumper sticker for my Miata.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/1/19 3:54 p.m.

Went drag racing last night. 1/8th mile heads-up and no time. Got smoked by my buddy's electric Exocet and caught it all on video in the "gap cam"

https://youtu.be/qlx42KSLFSI

Overall a really fun night! The buddy who owns the Exocet drove Datsaniti to the track and back, in the southern summer heat, in stop-and-go traffic without any issues. He said it didn't seem that sketchy to him, but he also owns a Tesla-powered Exocet so I take his opinion with a grain of salt! I towed his contraption in return for him driving my car. The tires I ran on the Datsun were 26" Nitto drag radials. I had zero problems turning them over for big smokey burnouts. They also seemed to hook right up with minimal spin on the launch. I did not play with air pressures but they were really high, so that gives me hope a smaller tire will still hook well at a lower pressure. They seemed to put me halfway through 3rd gear by the end of the 1/8 mile. I will probably go down a size when I buy serious tires for the Challenge. I want to max out 4th gear in the 1/4 at the Challenge, and I want those Jeep 15's all around. It was good to test out a "real" drag tire though. 

The only problem I had all night was the throttle pedal position sensor. On almost all of my drag runs, the engine would drop to idle shortly after flooring the pedal. This one plagued me at the $2018 Challenge, robbing about half of my autocross runs. What I think is happening is the potentiometer inside the pedal position sensor is either worn or dirty or both, so when the ECM sensing any sort of skipping or malfunction in the sensor, it goes into a safe mode by idling the engine and ignoring all throttle input until you restart it again. It also throws a code related to the pedal sensor. I cured this back in January by taking it apart and cleaning with contact cleaner. I then did 3 autcrosses with zero issues. Since that time, I have done all of the fender flares welding and grinding, bodywork, and paint. Every surface of the car, inside and out, is very dirty. I will clean it again, but trying to keep room in the budget for a new one, which is only about $20 thankfully. 

Bttowns
Bttowns New Reader
6/2/19 1:44 a.m.

Looks great. Post next time you go to Friday night drags. I would love to see this thing in action. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/6/19 5:39 p.m.

This is what wetsanding looks like

Dusterbd13-michael
6/6/19 6:37 p.m.

But is your hand blue?

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
6/6/19 7:37 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

But is your hand blue?

Or are your fingerprints gone?

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/6/19 8:52 p.m.

My everything is blue. Da ba dee da ba daa...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
6/6/19 8:56 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Well, I know what song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the evening.

Patrick
6/6/19 8:59 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
maschinenbau said:

Well, I know what song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the evening.

His name is tim, he has a blue beetle, everything is blue for him

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
6/6/19 9:02 p.m.
Professor_Brap said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Professor_Brap said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:
AngryCorvair said:

Trails lets us in on week nights to do the same thing when the weather is not trash. 

Local Cincy guy here.  Have been wanting to torture the new CTS V and El Rabbitto’s last Bit of Hoosier slick life.  What track do we speak of

1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PIdGrjThHrHNnXs8UdnQZdkTqdw8HokUdkdD9PQjIDtlsgJWPRLFJ5s1jdmMPkVV