TurboFource
TurboFource Reader
4/1/23 10:03 a.m.

Waiting on shifter cables and saw the piece of diamond plate I acquired recently....

I need a new dash....this wouldn't delaminate etc... There's even enough to do the dash pad like in the first picture... Thoughts/suggestions?

jimgood
jimgood Reader
4/1/23 10:24 a.m.

Glare

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/1/23 10:35 a.m.

The pics aren't showing up on my tablet so I can't see exactly what you're describing but I built a couple of stock cars with aluminum diamond plate dashboards in the '80s and I didn't really care for the way they looked.  Also, the driver of one of the cars found the reflections off of the dash to be distracting.  Apparently there was one spot on the track where the track lights reflected in such a way that it looked like one of the warning lights was flickering. They ended up painting it flat black which looked even worse.

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
4/1/23 12:40 p.m.

"Just say no" to diamond plate ......unless you're building an offroad truck or something. My 2¢.....and worth just about that much!  smiley

I guess you could turn it over and have the bumps on the inside!

I really don't like diamond plate in (or on) cars.......

TurboFource
TurboFource Reader
4/1/23 7:02 p.m.

I posted this in jest since it April Fools Day 

I intend to try to fix this one I got from BDA as a pattern or actually use it as a pattern!

The comments have actually been interesting to see other people's thoughts on the subject.

While diamond plate seems interesting I am not sure what I will ever use it for  :confused:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UlqhXy19A3L0YuDNELIoiPoSzHOYOtaEoieN4RLpYPssnlFIrXRkwxBeZAJ0Xq8G