1 ... 39 40 41
Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
4/21/21 12:02 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

No, its a pinto. Hopefully the same boost in braking confidence applies though!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/27/21 7:47 p.m.

A few cool things recently.  Hit the St Pete Grand Prix with my Dad, brother, and nephew, Isaac. The Robby Gordon trucks are always the highlight of the show for me!

my dad is super "frugal."  I don't think he's bought himself a pair of shoes in about 20 years.  He just asks my brother and I to donate our old shoes to him.  Well this pair gave up the ghost while walking around the Grand Prix, lol!

our Lemons team got together at a Tampa brewery, where one of the members hosts a monthly car meet. We practiced and got pretty good at driver changes. There were some unique rides at the show. 

I did another Monday track day this week and got to put in some laps in the Lemons Civic. It felt pretty solid, so I feel good for the upcoming race. 

the e36 had its best day on track ever!  I've always struggled with my heel/toe technique but I watched some YouTube videos and realized my problem was my timing of the throttle blip. I had always blipped the gas a little too early. So after focusing on the timing for about 2 laps, it all came together.  It was a glorious moment and my fun level jumped up significantly!  The new tires, brakes, and down shifting technique combined for a 3 second drop in my best lap time at the Firm - pretty significant at that little track! It really felt great, without any weak points to address before it goes out next time!

and the last item of note is this hilariously ironic gold plated Harbor Freight ratchet.  I find it so ridiculous, I had to grab one!  It was the only one left at my local store. 

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
5/1/21 9:34 p.m.

Cool!  How much was the ratchet?  I recently splurged on a Craftsman gun metal 3/8" drive ratchet with 120 teeth.  The action is so smooth and if you only have a few degrees to move the handle it still works.  

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/1/21 10:46 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

Is the ratchet staying in the box, or going into service?

Lof8 - Andy
5/2/21 7:05 p.m.

The ratchet was $65. I plan to just keep it in the box as a conversation piece and display of ridiculousness.  They're listed on eBay for $100 or more but not sure if they're actually selling at that price. One day, I'll cash it in for early retirement. 

Lof8 - Andy
5/10/21 2:15 p.m.

The Lemons race was a huge success!  Our little civic ran perfectly for the entire weekend. It was incredibly predictable and easy to drive at the limit and quite fast!  I enjoyed it more than Champcar since the level of competition is a bit less crazy.  All of the guys on the team met through our local rallycross region and were great to be around the whole weekend.  We even had a couple of rallyx guys volunteer to hang out the whole time and be the fuel team for pitstops so that the drivers didn't have to worry about fueling.  Great dudes!

we cranked out consistent 3:00-3:10 laps and ended up in 11th out of 57 entries. The only casualty was a rear engine mount we changed at the end of day 1. Can't wait to do it again!

1 ... 39 40 41
Our Preferred Partners
uA7Ev43U9m2svLd1T1lWrlGO6tql2Ip2yQi8o3h3Li3ji0JpDmohwyu4lxEqJD7K