1 2
Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/3/23 6:09 p.m.

I am looking for any information or photos of this car. It Was owned by Don Yenko, Engine was built by Grumpy Jenkins. I am sure this car is one gone but I have an X-11 that I am planning to build this as a tribute.

Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/3/23 6:11 p.m.

i did not know of Yenko's association with the X-11 until now.  Subscribed and looking forward to learning more!

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
4/3/23 7:26 p.m.

Are you anywhere near SW Pittsburgh PA that's where Yenko was located?

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
4/3/23 7:42 p.m.

Yenko Chevrolet was a Chevrolet dealership located at 575 West Pike Street in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/3/23 8:18 p.m.

After watching Jay Leno's Yenko Corvair episode I added this car to my warehouse collection when I become Jay Leno.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/23 9:17 p.m.

There's a super cranky old guy near me who has a Citation that he said has been a race car since it was new. It's been a few years since I met him, but he still has it parked outside, under a canvas tarp, in his fully fenced in yard. Unfortunately, he'a not real approachable.

I doubt that it's the same car, but it might be it's sister. I'll try to drive by the house this week on the off chance that it might be uncovered.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/23 9:08 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/23 10:15 a.m.

a few mentions here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/chevycitations/posts/1143594299075663/

and here's some info about a COPO batch of Citations, sounds like paint and trim only:

http://www.hovermotorco.com/2011/02/rare-limited-production-copo-chevrolet.html

and in the first post of this thread (from Oct 2002), dude claims to know where the Yenko car is.

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71685

Someone named "JoeC" asked for additional info.  I wonder if that's the same guy as the OP of this thread...

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/23 6:17 p.m.

I hate to suggest another forum, but try over at HAMB.  They might not be too excited to find a Citation since they're old-school hot rodders, but the word "Yenko" tends to perk up ears over there.

The HAMB is like GRM but pricklier, older, and crankier.  They have found lots of cars with not much more to go on than "my grandfather painted it blue in 1964 and I think it was owned by Smokey Yunick for a while."

Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/6/23 12:07 p.m.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/23 12:40 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Yenko Chevrolet was a Chevrolet dealership located at 575 West Pike Street in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.  

It was a Yenko Honda for a while, they even made some Yenko Civics back in the day. The Canonsburg location moved to Murrysville and is now South Hills Honda. Highly doubtful that any of the kids working there know what a Yenko or an X-11 is. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/6/23 12:52 p.m.

Yes to building a Yenko X-11 clone. 

**Insert proper GIF here.**

Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/7/23 1:07 a.m.

Found this in Ohio and plan to bring back to NC and use as base for the Yenko Clone.

​​​​​​

Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/7/23 1:07 a.m.

Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/7/23 1:08 a.m.

Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/7/23 1:09 a.m.
Jalopy_Joe said: Donar Car

Outstanding!

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/7/23 9:00 a.m.
Jalopy_Joe said:

Found this in Ohio and plan to bring back to NC and use as base for the Yenko Clone.

​​​​​​

Wow, that X11 in the background looks amazing!

Subscribed

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/7/23 10:22 p.m.

I raced an '85 in One Lap Of America 2003. These cars are so underrated.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/23 11:16 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

There's a super cranky old guy near me who has a Citation that he said has been a race car since it was new. It's been a few years since I met him, but he still has it parked outside, under a canvas tarp, in his fully fenced in yard. Unfortunately, he's not real approachable.

I doubt that it's the same car, but it might be it's sister. I'll try to drive by the house this week on the off chance that it might be uncovered.

I did a little recon today... the car that I mentioned above is still there, but it's impossible to know exactly what lies under the cover. 

Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/9/23 4:42 a.m.

Thank you for the recon. 

Jalopy_Joe
Jalopy_Joe New Reader
4/30/23 4:25 p.m.

chiquito1228
chiquito1228 Reader
4/30/23 9:18 p.m.

Subscribe i loved weird and unusual builds

Dusterbd13-michael