1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) :

Unfortunately it's a private group and I can't see them. Are they really cheap and how far away?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/21 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Try this for a TS guide:

https://www.transgo.org/demo/8th-4L8.pdf

Looking for another one

Can't find the other one but pages 13 and 14 of that one might help.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/21 10:43 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Unfortunately it's a private group and I can't see them. Are they really cheap and how far away?

They were $80 for the set, but they're in Oklahoma. 

The ad says: They just need to be cleaned and tires they are 15 by 10 5 lug chevy

No photo description available.

The lust is strong, but not drive to Oklahoma strong! Price and era are right though....

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/10/21 7:56 a.m.

So, tps was definitely bad. Replaced that, trans came back.

Swapped ignition control module with  a new gm part. and ecm with an unknown spare for the other odd issues. That created a light throttle buck and surge that im still chasing. Put the original module back inwoth no change, so i swapped the ecm this morning. 

It may be something else that suffered a coincidental failure though. Twst drive of length will tell.

But since this thread is worthless without pictures, here's one of the stickers I finally got around to putting on the back glass.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
4/10/21 9:47 a.m.

Back to the a/c compressor subject.

I've heard good things about the newer compressors.  But I also found that the one of the parts suppliers (GPD) makes a compressor now that looks and fits like and old R4 but has a scroll compressor internal design.  

[edit:  here's some info on it:  http://www.gpdtechtips.com/techtip-126-globalpartsdist.html]

I've figured I'll try that on one of the projects (3 that I can think of off the top of my head) that is already set up for the older style compressor.  (I'd love to use the newer style compressor but the truck accessories don't fit under the hood of the cars I want to use them on)

I realize "this ship has sailed" for Dusterbd13's truck as it has already been updated to the new style but I know others may find it useful.

4/10/21 8:25 p.m.

300 miles today. 

Wasn't until the last 20 that i finally determined that the slight bucking and surging i was experiencing (that i wasn't absolutely sure i was actually experiencing) is related to ac compressor cycling.....

I may not be all that bright. 

but team super slow helped the rally effort!

4/11/21 5:20 p.m.

sitting on the bumpstops 

solfly
solfly Dork
4/12/21 7:11 a.m.

did you change the bumpstops to the ones in the kit?

what did you use of the driveline parts?

4/12/21 7:13 a.m.

I did. The tall foam ones that beeltech sent weemre still shorter than stock,  and really didn't ride that bad in the way hone with that load. 

I used everything in their kit. Carrier bearing and trans spacer, hangers and shackles and bumpstops. Great kit!

Did that answer the question? Anything else you want to know i didn't mention? Trying to be helpful,  but mentally dragging this morning....

solfly
solfly Dork
4/12/21 10:16 a.m.

did you use the pinion shims?

i used the center bearing spacer on the 1" setting and that's all, didn't bother with the bump stops

4/12/21 11:07 a.m.

In reply to solfly :

Yes to shims. Took so e experimenting witu, as the pictures and text in the directions give two different ways. 

The trans and carrier spacers per instructions. Figured if i spent that much money,  id lisen to them!

solfly
solfly Dork
4/12/21 12:23 p.m.

i'm sure theyre smarter than me but the angles were good and it drives great so i let it be! i'll probably never touch the bump stops, the old parts currently in the bed is probably as freighted as it will ever be

4/12/21 12:47 p.m.

Ill admit that i regularly hit the bumpstops, but mine is definitely treated differently than yours. 

Matter of fact, im robbing the load bags off the red truck for this one. I'll need them mord than mary will!

solfly
solfly Dork
4/12/21 1:43 p.m.

it'd be interesting to compare some measurements

4/12/21 1:52 p.m.

In reply to solfly :

Im game! When i get it unloaded....

What measurements?

lets see how she tows!

She tows WAY better than the red truck. Dunno if the 10 ply, longer wheelbase, rear sway bar, or combination thereof is the reason.  Don't really care either. 

And leaving it in overdrive with the 4l80e is really nice. Barely downshifts to maintain speed. 

Stopping could be improved. May be time for the gnt800 master swap.

That's a win, for sure.  Comfortable towing, and  Stylin' while you do it.  Looking good.

In reply to Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks!

Im also the oldest truck in the pits...

So, tow report:

Its pretty good! Could use more brake. And different shocks. I also need to check tow lights, as im not sure they're working. Id also like a bit more power, but it IS a tbi 350....

Truck: ac died on the way home. I think the hogh pressure switch has gotten flaky. Also, the weatherstripping that os glued to the glass on the extended cab side window has come off again. Makes a hellacious noise in the wind at 70 mph. Ive tried superglue and the adhesive i used on gutters. No love.

I thought about window weld, but only see huge tubes. Also thought about weatherstripping adhesive, but never tried it on glass. Thats the art im struggling with. What the hell bonds plastic like rubber to glass???

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/21 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Silicone?

solfly
solfly Dork
5/3/21 5:09 p.m.

Sounds like new windows to me ha ha

In reply to solfly :

Nah. Too expensive!

Stampie: really think silicone caulk is the answer here? Like bathroom stuff?

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
5/7/21 8:23 a.m.

Hold the phone, I agree with Stampie?

I'd clean it and try clear silicone 

1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
czQdZamVY4pZWN0fVGYk6N5rPi0afuAnCWyZgQqCTtWz7sFc2j2vUBPdt0JURXpa