1 2
NateE30
NateE30
4/7/15 9:10 p.m.

So I hadn't seen anyone video documenting their V8 swap, so I decided to film mine and make a show out of it. I've gotten some traction with bmw guys viewing but wanted to open it up to the general car community, cause we'll be doing more shows on other projects later. Like we've got a couple Zs, a honda, A old school fiesta, and that doesn't even count the off road stuff. Well this link is to our 3rd episode where we actually get to work on the V8 swap. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think, what we can improve on. Thanks E30 V8 swap

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/5/15 9:37 p.m.

Got the V8 bolted in finally, hopefully it all goes well from here. The weather is turning nice and I want to be driving. Now exhaust, plumbing, wiring, and brakes that's all.

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
5/5/15 10:53 p.m.

Good job on the videos. Welcome to GRM you will fit in nicely here. Check out jakeb on here he has done some really cool BMW swap threads.

S54 e30 AWD

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/6/15 6:48 p.m.

That is awesome. way more trouble than my dinky V8 swap.

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/10/15 8:24 p.m.

Episode 6 is up. In this one we set the motor in for the last time. https://youtu.be/-9fAjqiQKiE

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
5/10/15 9:41 p.m.

Sweet!!

Sub'd your channel . . .

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/10/15 9:54 p.m.

Thanks Glad you like it.

Skervey
Skervey Reader
5/11/15 8:21 a.m.

Nice! I will watch it and keep up with yall! I would love to have done this but I did a build thread on my swap instead and that took up a lot of time already so I decided not to shoot it and post it. I can't imagine how much extra work shooting and editing takes!

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/11/15 10:44 a.m.

It's really not that bad at all. It takes me 30-45 minutes to edit a video. I've seen videos on everything else, but no m60 swap. Being a visual person, I made my own to help others like me.

Skervey
Skervey Reader
5/11/15 12:42 p.m.

Nice well I might try and do a little videos for my next build. What camera/editing do you use?

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/11/15 1:56 p.m.

I use a Kodak playsport and IMovie. I want to get a better camera but all my funds are going into the car.

Skervey
Skervey Reader
5/11/15 3:19 p.m.

Ok im a PC user and I have a nice cannon DSLR. I don't have any editing software right now but I know how to use adobe but can't afford it... Also my camera shooting HD spits out about a gig a min which makes for some crazy file sizes! I guess I need to quit maken excuses and give it a try, thanks for the motivation!

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/11/15 4:07 p.m.

No prob man, I'll probably be upgrading cameras when I finish this project. I like the iMovie it's simple.

Skervey
Skervey Reader
5/11/15 8:25 p.m.

Watching the videos now, all in all I think they are really good! You hit the high point well without talking about the boring stuff for days. I would say the intro needs to be 10-20 sec total.

Also do you have a link for the gold foil?

Nice quote on the Freiburger zip tie job.

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/11/15 8:35 p.m.

I've been thinking about redoing the intro, but wanted some more action footage to put in. I see how I can rework it with the footage I have. Thanks for the input, I wanted to be technical without being boring. Something like a mix of MCM and hot rod garage.

The foil I got is no longer available, but there is a link to a pretty good deal in the comments.

I wondered if anybody would get that reference. Thanks Again it's great to get some input.

Skervey
Skervey Reader
5/12/15 11:17 a.m.

Yep I watch MCM and roadkill/hot rod garage. I don't watch TV just youtube, lots more cool stuff on youtube then the crap that comes on TV!

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/12/15 6:24 p.m.

Agreed.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/12/15 8:10 p.m.

Love your videos. Unlike most builds, you get right in there with the camera and show all the fun stuff in detail.

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/12/15 8:34 p.m.

Thanks Tom. is that a fiesta in your avatar?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/12/15 9:36 p.m.
NateE30 wrote: Thanks Tom. is that a fiesta in your avatar?

Yeah, that's my old race car from 15+ years ago. These days I futilely wrench on an E30, though certainly not to the extent you are doing!

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
5/12/15 10:22 p.m.

Fiesta was my first track car, I pulled it out a farmers junk pile. They're cool cars. I've got mine for sale on here. just too many projects.

Skervey
Skervey Reader
6/4/15 3:38 p.m.

Still waiting on the next episode!

Also found some of that gold foil. Dont think it would do anything at all for insulation but its really cheap might get some and just try it out for fun!

-Gold Foil-

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
6/4/15 6:31 p.m.

Yea I've been busy with some other projects (my wife's Burb) and now I'm on vacation. So I promise the videos will resume as soon as I get home. Can't wait to have her back on the road.

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
6/23/15 12:02 a.m.

Episode 7 is uploaded. We do some plumbing, mod the shift,and mount some stuff. We're getting close. Go check it out. let me know what ya think. https://youtu.be/u903ETuXfLU

NateE30
NateE30 New Reader
6/28/15 10:13 p.m.

Episode 8is up, We're making up for lost time. Getting close to making noise. https://youtu.be/ytYju8WHoxk

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IJ5STC3SS7NXydI5B4fBZp5LqkXS3UdjVxLSiLKU7YXz2Lu9eLrWvpJ5WYPZ3PcK