1 2 3 4 5
N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
2/4/22 5:22 p.m.

Make sure to check for recalls. Like the PCV heater, blower motor wiring, vanos bolts, airbag. Ect.

N7Prime said:

Make sure to check for recalls. Like the PCV heater, blower motor wiring, vanos bolts, airbag. Ect.

I almost got burned by the PCV heater issue in my E60.

Perfect outdoor tune-up weather:

2-1/2 hours all in, and that includes a lot of wasted movement. So nice to be out in the sun. 6x NGK plugs and 6x Bosch coils for a total of $288 with tax, and Sabine is silky again. She even got a bath:

And I still had some leftover Sube parts I returned Friday, so $220 was offset by money already spent.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/20/22 1:27 p.m.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
3/20/22 6:07 p.m.

Nice.  86mph and 86000 miles

3/21/22 10:30 a.m.

In reply to wawazat :

i'm probably gonna have to quit coordinating cruise setting with odo pix in another 50k or so. devil

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
3/21/22 6:27 p.m.

Nah.   I don't see a pin on that speedo face near 160!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/1/22 3:11 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Cool on the 87s.  But...

3/4 full tank and 428 miles to empty? Is that true? How massive is the tank? Even at 30 mpg that would imply that 14 gallons is just 3/4 capacity so near 20 gallon full tank? 

In reply to John Welsh :

The DTE algorithm is horribly optimistic above 1/2-tank, although this tank I crushed it, went about 460 miles on 15.3 gallons of, you guessed it, 87 octane.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/2/22 8:45 a.m.

I'm envious of your 450+ cruising range.  The 40mpg of the Prius is nice but its tiny tank throws the low fuel light at about 9 gallons giving me what seems like a 360 cruising range.  Its also not a e92 and the sporting/lux that comes with that.  More so just dull economy.  

The worst cruising range I ever had was '88 MR2 SC.  Just a 10 gallon tank (which is the center console) where the low fuel light would come on at 8 gallons.  Given its desire to want to rev (and my desire to comply with its wishes) the car never returned better than 20 mpg.  Buy gas every 160 miles. 

4/2/22 11:16 a.m.
John Welsh said:

I'm envious of your 450+ cruising range.  

I think this tank was the best I've done, almost 100% highway with cruise set at 79 pretty much the whole way. DTE was showing 30 miles and it only took 15.3 gallons. I've never run the DTE to zero so IDK what a worst-case fill-up would take.

edit: here's DTE at the previous fill-up:

between the fill-up pic and the 87k pic, I traveled 150 miles but the DTE only dropped by 117. Below 1/2-tank it drops around 20% greater than miles traveled. And it recalculates on key cycles, always lower after restart.

edit again: it also gets +2 mpg on the 205 winters vs the 225/255 Pilot Sport 4s.

here's last night's fill-up for accuracy in reporting:

Reported distance between fill-ups 462 miles, but I know it's inaccurate because Speedo says 85 when GPS says 80. So that's a 6.25% error, and 462 reported = 435 actual.

435 mi / 15.3 gal = 28.4 mpg

which is quite acceptable for a car that is this enjoyable to drive.

4/16/22 11:53 p.m.

5/2/22 12:50 p.m.

One year and 16,656 miles later: I still love this car.

5/10/22 8:20 p.m.

Goodbye civic:

and hello you sexy beast!

no more TPMS light for a few months...

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
5/10/22 8:23 p.m.

That's quite the change my d00d! Lookin' good!

No homo.  

5/29/22 8:47 a.m.

Oops, forgot to down-click the cruise before taking the pic

dannyzabolotny
dannyzabolotny Reader
5/29/22 3:12 p.m.

Glad to see your E92 ownership is going with relative ease! As you get closer to 100k you should prepare to replace a lot of the cooling system, particularly the electric water pump + thermostat... those like to fail silently with no warning once they're of a certain age and mileage. 

Aside from the cooling system, an N52 + 6-speed + RWD E92 is one of the most reliable modern BMW's, requiring very little special attention to keep running. Most of the time when I work on them at my shop it's the usual stuff like control arm bushings, valve cover gaskets, oil filter housing gaskets, cooling systems, and brakes.

6/19/22 8:34 p.m.

Gas and the occasional car wash is all she's needed lately. Got a new parking lot scrape on the passenger quarter, will have the detail guy correct it when I make it over to him eventually. Could not hit the cruise target for today's odometer shot:

Nothing out of the ordinary, just the 90k oil and filter change:

although I did notice a new warning light on the dash after oil change. It was flashing for a while, then went away on its own while I was driving. The only unusual thing I noticed was a clicking noise that went away at some point:

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
7/2/22 10:16 p.m.

I did not realize BMW included those warning systems.

7/2/22 11:23 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

I did not realize BMW included those warning systems.

My googles came up empty as well

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/3/22 9:13 a.m.

I laughed.

EDIT:

Typical BMW driver (as taken by me at a San Diego hotel):

CoolUserName
CoolUserName New Reader
7/3/22 11:17 a.m.

Jeez that seems like a huge number of miles, long commute? Definitely seems like one of the best cars you could ask for as a daily/that's also fun.

In reply to CoolUserName :

I would change exactly 2 things about this car:

• It should have leather instead of "sensatec" pleather
  • it has the base-model sound system
1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n85LADkfsW4vPh3L24LoZIYytDpByMHIKVdqCm3FyeqAIdRIu8lSIllgEcYgknbp