1 ... 4 5 6
J1000
J1000 Reader
5/18/19 5:06 p.m.

K-Tuned inner tie rods installed! Anyone else planning on doing this job get a 29mm crow's foot, it made it painless.

Next weekend is the next race, hopefully I can get into my buddy's shop for alignment this week.

Camber and caster plates set to full

J1000
J1000 Reader
5/26/19 6:39 p.m.

WOW! What an awesome day. This car is now HOOKED UP. The new set up is right on the money. No more understeer, drives like a properly balanced car now. The course today was just awesome, it was so much fun. It was also perfectly matched to my car, always in the VTEC powerband. The hairpin was insanely tight, going down to 1st gear, but I could get through it with no drama. I could feel the Torsen working throughout the whole course, pulsing in and out with the bumps. I think I will stiffen my front damping up one click for the next event. I started driving smoother towards the end of the day and dropped another tenth off my time. This is all just on a garage alignment, I never did get onto a proper rack.

A couple of the faster guys weren't there and a couple fast guys were a little off the pace, 2 second lead... devil

Got some new numbers magnets.

They had scales and I found out that my car actually weighs 100 lbs less than I previously thought, it was at 2670lbs. Published weight is 2788lbs. It was low on gas and had the spare tire removed. My weight balance is actually pretty decent for a FWD with 59% front 41% rear. Really need to get it corner weighted, yikes.

Super secret cooling fan WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! It is not fast, but it works! After my first run while I was getting ready for my second my IAT was 92F, I turned off the car and turned on the fan and walked away. I came back 10-15 mins later and started it up and the IAT was 74F, which was basically ambient! I just left the fan turned on from then on. Unfortunately I didn't have my phone for the last two runs but the engine felt just as strong so I think it was still working.

Still uploading the video, might be awhile from my ancient internet connection.

J1000
J1000 Reader
5/27/19 11:19 a.m.
J1000
J1000 Reader
5/28/19 9:30 p.m.

J1000
J1000 Reader
6/3/19 6:35 p.m.

No photos because it's boring but I installed a K-Tuned throttle cable. I was inspecting my car the night before the last auto-x and discovered my throttle cable was badly frayed and only 2 strands were left of the original cable. I attempted a repair with some thin wire and heatshrink, but it probably didn't do anything but make me feel like I was accomplishing something. Anyway, the car made it through the auto-x and got me all the way home too. I replaced it with K-Tuned simply because it was $20 cheaper than OEM.

I am very happy with the car now. I don't feel any need to modify anything else at this point. After the performance at my last auto-x I did not have any more areas I felt needed to be addressed. I can now focus on driving the car and wringing out all 10/10ths.

Just watch these two videos back-to-back. The first is the auto-x before installing KSport suspension and the second video is after. The car is so much faster and now I'm driving it rather than throwing it around trying to overcome bad tendencies.

1 ... 4 5 6
Our Preferred Partners
1MhRkx7SwZxCeCeNmv4VxHOplCxT5GeYRL2GcKGTcXxB87z4jXxs1svvdw6T6YbY