1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/9/22 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Mad_Ratel :

At this point I'm not worried about the first gen problems. Ford has so much on the line there can't be any mistakes. It will be fine

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/13/22 6:15 p.m.

I just test drove a Lariat Lightening today. Whew! Loved it! 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/22 12:29 p.m.
Norma66-Brent said:

In reply to Mad_Ratel :

At this point I'm not worried about the first gen problems. Ford has so much on the line there can't be any mistakes. It will be fine

I don't know if I'd expect zero problems - it's a pretty major change and Ford still has a lot to learn about mass deployment of EVs (the latest Mach-E problem, for example). But you can sure expect Ford to be motivated to fix anything that comes up.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/14/22 2:39 p.m.

At this point prices are unreal. I just saw a lariat with undisclosed body damage sell for 110k...

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/14/22 2:39 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Was it as fast as you expected?

yupididit
6/15/22 6:30 a.m.
Norma66-Brent said:

In reply to yupididit :

Was it as fast as you expected?

Absolutely. The difference between normal and sport mode is noticeable. I did a few pulls and some launches. 0-60 is easily under 5 seconds which is ridiculous for a truck. Other than the snap of acceleration it handles the speed well. It was an extended range model btw. I spent about 40 mins with it, alone.  It drives just like any other F150 but easier and quiet. The one-pedal driving only took about 5 minutes to get used to. The rear seat space is abnormally large, might be the largest of any 1/2 size pickup. And the frunk is large as well. 

Overall I love it. And I'll get one as soon as I can. This particular dealer said they'll be selling the demo truck for msrp($75k?) + a $25k "market adjustment" once it hits 4k miles or 6 months old (whichever comes first). That to me is insane and even the salesman agreed, he said he rather wait years than pay $25k in markups. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/16/22 9:36 p.m.

Found out my dealer has a platinum that just came in as a demo. I asked if I could swing by and drive it. He said it was already  sold for list (92k) plus market adjustment. Truely unreal times

MiniDave
MiniDave New Reader
6/16/22 9:43 p.m.

Interesting, my local dealer has one as well, just came in and he says they're not allowed to sell it for one year, that it's a demo only? He says they will only get one this year, then maybe 5 next year? Does this square with what other dealers are saying?

Here's the sticker......

He also said they will have a Maverick I can go look at Monday - it's also a sold car but I can at least sit in it and look it over.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/17/22 5:58 a.m.

It seems like there is considerable buzz around the basic spec PRO model.  I have a deposit on the right to put a deposit on a build ($100 to Ford Canada, and I'm in some sort of queue) and I'm wondering if that's the answer for my needs.  Did you consider it?

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/17/22 12:37 p.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

My dealer is getting one truck other than the demo truck so that jives. I haven't heard anything about next years allocations 

Keith Tanner
6/17/22 12:54 p.m.

I think we're going to set a record for the number of pages in a build thread before the vehicle is actually in hand. Heck, before it's even produced.

A deposit for the right to put down a deposit...supply and demand is all jacked up. IIRC, one of the most desirable specs can only be purchased by fleets - I think that's the Pro extended range. Who's in for a group buy? ;)

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/19/22 9:36 p.m.

Truck is still showing last week as the build week. Hasn't moved past scheduled for production. I wonder how long the cycle time is for a truck going through the process front to back in Dearborn.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/22 9:51 p.m.
Norma66-Brent said:

Truck is still showing last week as the build week. Hasn't moved past scheduled for production. 

Ford probably uses the same tracking system as USPS does.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/19/22 10:24 p.m.

I've seen a lot of supply chain issues lately at work. Things are given a tentative ship date, but then individuals components needed to build the finished product aren't available. The ship date never gets updated until it's past that date, then they kick it out another 2 months.  Our supply chain folks are telling stories of last minute order cancelations or order reductions from our suppliers, which has a cascading effect that's ultimately passed into the customer. Given what I've seen, I wouldn't trust any build date of something as complicated as an automobile at this point.

10001110101 Reader
6/19/22 10:27 p.m.
Norma66-Brent said:

Truck is still showing last week as the build week. Hasn't moved past scheduled for production. I wonder how long the cycle time is for a truck going through the process front to back in Dearborn.

I have a contact that works production at Dearborn. I can reach out if you'd like. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/20/22 11:55 a.m.

In reply to 10001110101 :

I would love to get some in process pictures of the truck. Vin is 1FTVW1EL8NWG05482

Keith Tanner
6/20/22 12:12 p.m.

Aren't these built in a different (adjacent) factory to the main F150 line?

yupididit
6/20/22 12:40 p.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

Dealer that I test drove the lightning had to wait 6 months or 4k miles before they could sell their demo truck. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/20/22 12:56 p.m.

Swung by the dealer to look at their demo truck. Got sold for sticker price plus 33k. Nuts. 

My truck made it onto the assembly line on the 15th allegedly. 

Im also interested to see what the recommended "break in procedure" looks like. 

10001110101 Reader
6/20/22 3:22 p.m.

In reply to Norma66-Brent :

I will see what I can do!

Keith Tanner
6/20/22 3:36 p.m.

In reply to Norma66-Brent :

I'm going to guess there isn't one. Most of an ICE break-in procedure is centered around the engine. I would properly bed the brakes because that's how I roll, but it's unlikely the manufacturer will include that in the schedule.

Keith Tanner
6/28/22 4:19 p.m.

Spotted! I came across a car carrier on the way to the Ford dealership today, and there was a white F150 on the top deck that had CV axles in the rear. That means IRS and THAT means Lightning! I might stop by the dealer tomorrow and see if it's available for viewing.

Keith Tanner
6/28/22 4:46 p.m.

My wife called me a nerd after asking how I could tell it was a Lightning.

yupididit
6/28/22 7:08 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

My wife called me a nerd after asking how I could tell it was a Lightning.

Because you are one

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
6/28/22 8:33 p.m.

the lightning is built. it's moved from the dearborn plant to the rogue plant waiting on a transport. oddly enough my in laws bronco is in the same lot waiting. they have been waiting two years at this point. Wheels and a leveling kit have been priced lol

1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BwnNL3xyL99gcJvkuVBAuN7Z8S00nU7uwb5wGaMqLukPO3f33h1V6KkavuROlAq4