RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
1/2/21 10:48 p.m.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/16722/

Posted up my newly acquired mystery Formula Vee.

Really more a potential ride than an actual car. Was a roller at one time though.

Body does not seem typical for a Vee, I would love to know who made it.

This may get built with a Suzy 1.0, or traded, I probably paid too much for it but I now technically own a "Real race car". smiley

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/3/21 12:41 a.m.

It may be a Citation/Zink  Z12 but the apexspeed forum may be greater help.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
1/3/21 2:32 a.m.

APEX Speed turned up a couple of pics of this type body.

Waiting on Mod. approval before I can post there.

Seems to be a Tatum "Wedge" Formula Vee! 

I have so little that it probably has no real value. On the other hand, the body is still new and has never been fitted so might be good to make new molds from?

Small world, I met Chuck Tatum several years ago and bought his "Crusader" sports car molds from him.

This body actually completes the set, FV and the street car it spawned. Have not seen a chassis tag, too bad, would be a vintage Vee build if it was there.

Here is a pic I found. Seems I am missing a piece that goes over the engine. Now I need to track down the owner of this car.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
2/17/21 7:55 p.m.

I have to wonder where I would end up class-wise for Auto-Cross with a 1.0 Geo engine, VW ball-joint front and IRS rear suspension? Suspect it would never be competitive or FTD but still a hoot to run.

Wide fives would no longer fit so maybe some fat rubber.

The upper frame rails of this chassis do not seem to match the body as they are much narrower. I can modify that.

Still considering hanging a license plate on it just for grins and maybe 60MPG?

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
2/18/21 10:28 a.m.

I want to see a tagged Formula Vee. You would be my hero.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
2/18/21 11:22 a.m.

Tagged formula car...  you are gonna be looking up at running boards of all the SUVs around you!

The engine swap would result in either BM or AM

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/18/21 12:53 p.m.

Bill Fickling (P1 Racing - Atlantic team from way back) had a D or C Sport car tagged for the road. You could hear it for miles when he drove it to/from work. That was in southern California in the late 90s.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
2/18/21 1:35 p.m.

I'm thinking of a VERY tall mounted rear wing with lights on it.

Our Preferred Partners
IJrbfGDgOkNNTV78WAR0ZwahEqlCCfYItB2VZ3TFiTC0v0ZZThfvEzHmbI2uvbQE