cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
5/5/13 6:41 p.m.

i posted this car on the classified when i seen it on CL hoping one of you guys would be dumb enough to buy it but no i was the only one dumb enough. So my game plan now is to fix the frame set the body on it and move it down the road for someone else to enjoy

the major problem here is i broke my number one rule when buying a car NEVER EVER BUY A PROJECT CAR !!!!!!

this car does run and drive it sounds really good. has rebuilt engine and new brakes, brake master cylinder, clutch, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder and new tires and that is where it stops.

i feel sorry for Mr Bell he paid more in shipping the car from the NW to Maryland than i paid for it. the owner before Mr Bell flat out lied to him about the condition of car. i went into eyes wide open (while maybe closed)

i have ordered new frame stringers and outside rails for it from England which i will see in two weeks (i am not holding my breath). i did recieve with the sale a brand new spitfire frame which i will be cutting up for parts ( i know someone on this forum is yelling right now about that). i am hoping in a month i will be able to set the body back on it and sale it.

here we are big sucker and little sucker for being sucked into buying this thing. mr bell is big sucker because he spent a LOT more money than me so i am little sucker (but im fatter)

here it is sitting in its new home

the font bonnet and the tub (and what a tub)

a pic of the 50hp engine

now just pics of rust. i may have to buy a new welder after this

peter
peter HalfDork
5/5/13 6:51 p.m.
cutter67 wrote:

I think you're going to need more than one can of that PB Blaster stuff.

(Good luck!)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
5/5/13 7:50 p.m.

That's just 2 winters in Ohio

Good luck

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
5/6/13 6:02 a.m.
peter wrote:
cutter67 wrote:
I think you're going to need more than one can of that PB Blaster stuff. (Good luck!)

i am afraid to use too much.....the whole frame may disappear if i apply to much

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
5/6/13 8:04 a.m.

Those crunchy ones take a whole lotta love and money. I feel for you. There have been a couple of Herald parts cars on EBay. You may be able to get a solid(ish) frame and part the rest out?

1965 Triumph Other

64 Triumph Herald

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
5/6/13 9:00 a.m.

In reply to Gasoline:

thank you very very much !!!!!!!!!! it looks like i bought a pretty rust free frame from them...... thanks again i love this forum......i owe you a case of beer

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
5/6/13 9:25 a.m.

I applaud you for keeping this car alive. A lot of work for not a lot of potential payoff.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
5/6/13 1:55 p.m.

In reply to Gasoline:

well the deal is done on frame.......i get a OEM frame sandblasted and painted for $700.00.....i was lucky i could cancel my order for the frame pieces....

the way i approach this car now is 180 degree different. with the cost of the car and the frame now i am still under challenge cost. i think for under 3k this car will be pretty nice

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
5/8/13 6:12 a.m.

the internet is great and wonderful thing. ....i got my frame coming and other little parts. if this was 20 years ago i would of passed on this car just because back then getting parts would of been a real pain.....the guys on the Triumph boards i have joined have been a great help

here is the new frame...there are two places on it that need fixed which they are doing it and they will sandblast and paint it

RossD
RossD UberDork
5/8/13 7:41 a.m.

Cool Project!

I saw a Herald at a car show a few years ago and I think I spent more time looking at it than anything else.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
6/3/13 6:53 a.m.

picking the new frame up this week all sandblated and painted. expecting a shippment of parts from England also for her. the plan is to get everything changed over to the new frame. this car is really basic we feel this will be done in one weekend. then we will set body on it and it will be sent to the body shop. i really wanted to do the body and paint but just not enough time or shop space and i am picking up another project from a forum member another 1967 car but a volvo

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
6/3/13 1:28 p.m.

You get the Amazon man? Can't wait to see that done

BBC

banzaitoyota
banzaitoyota Reader
6/5/13 6:04 p.m.

Come get the one we have!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TYQ5lA6AYoBJDYq2Sak5Ze8nJRlk5ChKqyBua8p3wnm6ItlSTXh2SMr80B2a60JL