1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/18 2:06 p.m.

That was me, i’m a big kid.  I can have him write his name on the car in silver sharpie though.   I’m mailing the seller’s plate back today so i’m going to slap a historical tag on it and keep it local.  I should probably mail you the title so you can get some sort of temp tag or trip permit when you come get it?  I know in ohio you can’t get normal plates until they do an in person VIn inspection, not sure about out of state vehicles entering tejas

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/17/18 2:09 p.m.

I can put a 30 day paper tag on anything with insurance, no need for me to hold the title. I need to get it home and inspected to register/title it so I'll just grab the title when I show up. That way if my wife kills me before I head north you can just keep it. 

mazdeuce - Seth
9/17/18 2:26 p.m.
Lof8 said:

I have this set of ugly miata stockers with snow tires (3 of 1 brand and 1 of another).  I could bring em to the Challenge.  $150 if you’re interested.

Sent you a message about these lovely wheels and tires. 

Patrick
9/17/18 4:02 p.m.

Front bumper tear “repaired”

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/17/18 5:20 p.m.

I guess there are enablers, and there are ENABLERS.   That's what friends are for.  Best of luck with it.

Patrick
9/17/18 6:46 p.m.

Abby took her first ride in a big girl booster seat.  She’s kinda small but we ran up to the corner for ice cream.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/17/18 6:57 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

She looks like she's having fun in a Miata.  Guess you'll have to buy one now.

mazdeuce - Seth
9/17/18 7:02 p.m.

If you're not contacted by a Formula Drift team by the end of tomorrow with a job offer the world is horribly unfair. That's quality work. 

Patrick
9/17/18 7:08 p.m.

Colin was frantically yelling “WHY ARE YOU DRILLING HOLES IN SOMEBODY ELSE’S CAR????”

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/17/18 7:15 p.m.

This is strange Pat and Seth turning into Miata guys... 

Patrick
9/17/18 7:18 p.m.

We parked next to an old guy in ND RF and he just looked and said nothing.  

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/17/18 8:45 p.m.
Dirtydog said:

I guess there are enablers, and there are ENABLERS.   That's what friends are for.  Best of luck with it.

You don't even know....you don't even know.... I'm literally trying to sleep off a week of solo nationals and MazdaDeuce starts messaging me at 8am and starts with a link to the FS lisiting.. and a message talking about some stuff regarding the car and ends with

"Sell your Miata, put this together. Be stupid?" 

To which I replied, "sure! time to sell my NB then"

went back to sleep after a few more messages and woke up 3 hours later to a Mrs deuce blessing and us being NA miata owners

and 8 hours later this build thread had begun.... Now I understand how someone gets the motivation to build their own garage from a foundation and half wall. 

mazdeuce - Seth
9/17/18 8:55 p.m.

"I want to hang out with Mazdeuce...."

But do you really? 

Patrick
9/17/18 9:19 p.m.

Spacecadet you have mail

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/17/18 10:35 p.m.
Patrick said:

Spacecadet you have mail

you have a reply Patrick!

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/17/18 11:03 p.m.

Oh lawdy, if Patric bought Brian's ND... That was surely bring balance to the force!

Having spent a bunch of time working an RX corner station and watching moxnix and then his wife drive by in this (always the other run group), it'll be verrrry weird to see it all cleaned up. I'm already kind of blown away by how well Patrick did based on the photo.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/18/18 3:17 a.m.

I think Patrick bought spacecadet's NB... or at least inquired about the price

also; this page was a great, highly entertaining, way to start the morning for me!  thanks y'all!  continue with the awesomeness

Patrick
9/18/18 7:11 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

I’m thinking about it but also financially it’s probably not smart of me right now, and I have to consider if buying another car that doesn’t get driven in salt would be a prudent purchase a few weeks before winter sets in.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/18/18 7:18 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Do it!

After all, its had the healing power of seths touch. I figure that makes it impervious to salt and mechanical failure. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/18/18 7:26 a.m.

In reply to Patrick & Dusterbd13 :

I mean spacecadet's NB I think has an LSD in it; and clearly you're close enough to MD to get some RallyX in... so, get some snows and you've got a dual purpose car!  I mean, what better time to get moar ice cream, than when it's snowing... just imagine the looks you get then!

laugh

mazdeuce - Seth
9/18/18 7:29 a.m.

I think it's always been a Texas car. It's certainly completely clean underneath. One of those "all the bolts just unscrew" types of cars. I simultaneously think it would be a great car for Patrick and think that sending it up north right now is a terrible idea. It either has to sit for five out of the next 7 months or it gets driven and will never be quite as clean as it is now. Of course it could also provide Patrick with the perfect opportunity to try out old school methods of spraying heated wax/oil mixtures on the bottom of the car. That would really make it feel like owning an old British roadster. 

Patrick
9/18/18 7:33 a.m.

Meh, we sprayed the truck and charger with lanolin.  I have a WRX so I don’t need a winter car and i could rallyx if i felt like it, nor can it fit both kids fit in it so it can’t replace the WRX, nor would I subject it to salt.

I’m planning to think on it today while working.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/18 2:50 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

It would be easy to sell a rust-free southern Miata up there next spring if you decide not to keep it, and you sure won’t lose any money if you do. 

Patrick
9/18/18 6:39 p.m.

I messaged spacecadet, it’s not the right thing for me to do right now.  I really need to focus on the last credit cards and then saving up to rebuild the house roof and add on to the garage

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/18/18 7:03 p.m.
Patrick said:

I messaged spacecadet, it’s not the right thing for me to do right now.  I really need to focus on the last credit cards and then saving up to rebuild the house roof and add on to the garage

I miss Patrick.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0CV7mnpaHY1bm2XdbGnONXjq2tyPoQf6eq9rbMk4AZrUkrpdD3BiJwvY6jBY4WQ9