1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/22/18 2:12 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Many thanks. And to Moxnix, thanks too. It's not that I didn't trust you....... good to know what I have. Any bump stops crammed up there? 

The rear bar was disconnected on the drivers side, I reconnected that, reset the tire pressures and took it for a drive. Now that I'm safely home I can thrash on it. I think I like trashing on it. 

Started on the hard top plastidip. It's silver underneath. 

And red and blue. 

And this is one of the window rollers. Both windows go down now. Grudgingly. There will be a full dissassembly and roller replacement and good proper lubing in the future. 

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
10/22/18 2:23 p.m.

Bump stops - Yes there should be .  That same order from summit racing had these bumpstops on it so I would assume that is what would be in there.  https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ISS-310-3019-50

I don't remember if I cut them down when installing them or not.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/22/18 3:01 p.m.

In reply to moxnix :

Awesome. That means I don't have to take anything apart which is exactly what I wanted. laugh

And Spacecaet asked me if the ABS works. I took a speed run down the driveway and it does indeed work. Nice. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/23/18 10:57 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to moxnix :

And Spacecaet asked me if the ABS works. I took a speed run down the driveway and it does indeed work. Nice. 

Spacecadet had a bad 2017 and wants ABS in everything now. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/18 12:17 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

yeah, and that's without locking up the front brakes on a non-ABS '94 at the end of the back straight of VIR

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/18 7:47 p.m.

So when do we get to read about the trip?  I realize i was part of it but there had to be other things noteworthy.  I do apologize that the corvair was buried.

haven’t heard back on that one i looked at after you left, so not sure if it has a future with me or not.  I don’t need it but i REALLY want it.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/23/18 8:16 p.m.

The springs I sent you were on my 94. I had those springs and the Koni's with a racing beat front sway bar. So if you get to pulling it apart, I really liked the balance with that setup. I'll get the other part out tomorrow. :)

mazdeuce - Seth
10/29/18 3:02 p.m.

Every time I filled the car with gas this bothered me. 

So I made it better. 

And then I was going to clean around the trunk gasket, but the whole trunk was dirty. 

So I cleaned that too. 

Peeled a bit more off the top. This must have some stories. 

In fact, there are little stories all over the car. 

This is my favorite Miata. I think it's a combination of the hard top and the light flywheel. Both of those things make the car better. I keep looking for excuses to drive it. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
10/29/18 3:18 p.m.

Too clean, make it dirty again. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/29/18 3:25 p.m.

OH i'm already in love with the hardtop.... this is going to be fun..... 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/29/18 10:45 p.m.

When I opened the trailer at Gimp’s house after I picked it up he said “I know that miata” and said he used to autocross with it (presumably in the DC region).  So before it rallycrossed it autocrossed.

I forgot to tell you that.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/30/18 1:02 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

The stickers would indicate it's done some track sessions at Summit Point and VIR

mazdeuce - Seth
10/30/18 6:35 a.m.

The car has tracked and autocrossed and rallycrossed and been a student commuter. The top makes me think it was on a Spec Miata at some point. Bunch of history in one little car. 

My mind keeps wandering to rollbars. It needs one. Or will need one. 

Brake_L8
Brake_L8 New Reader
10/30/18 8:18 a.m.

Shenandoah University is in Winchester, VA - which would only be a few miles from Summit Point.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/30/18 9:04 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

My mind keeps wandering to rollbars. It needs one. Or will need one. 

Any evidence of a roll-bar being previously installed?  You might be able to just to just bolt one in, without the normally required trimming and drilling.

I had a Hard Dog / Hard Core in my 93, and that was a very nice piece.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
10/30/18 9:17 a.m.

If you do put a roll bar in it, get good padding on it. Heads are very soft compared to steel.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/30/18 9:30 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

That's why I'm hemming and hawing with a bunch of stuff. The hardtop dictates the rollbar and the rollbar dictates what I want to do with seats as far as keeping heads away from it/seating position. All of the bars are a compromise and I just need to decide which way I want to go. 

In reply to TVR Scott :

No evidence that I can find. All of the carpet and plastic is in place and un trimmed. There is a chance that I'll pull it and find holes underneath I suppose. 

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
10/30/18 9:38 a.m.

The things you forget until you get reminded of them. The owner prior to me was the college student/track guy and it had a rollbar installed but was removed before I bought it. I was told it was a Harddog M1 single-diagonal rollbar.  I think I might have replaced the carpet/plastic to keep it legal looking for PR.

NickD
NickD UberDork
10/30/18 9:40 a.m.

Want a used FM front shock tower brace? I have the one out of my car just languishing in the basement, because it no longer fits with all the supercharger science project stuff going on under the hood.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/30/18 9:52 a.m.

I bought a hard dog ace for the daily nb. It clears both tops, and was far away from my unhelmeted head on the street. With stock seats and belt. 

I tried all of the hard dog options as i live nearby and found it to be the best for my set of needs.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/30/18 10:07 a.m.
moxnix said:

The things you forget until you get reminded of them. The owner prior to me was the college student/track guy and it had a rollbar installed but was removed before I bought it. I was told it was a Harddog M1 single-diagonal rollbar.  I think I might have replaced the carpet/plastic to keep it legal looking for PR.

I will go searching for holes! 

wae
wae SuperDork
10/30/18 10:25 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:
moxnix said:

I will go searching for holes! 

Uh, heh heh heh

java230
java230 UltraDork
10/30/18 11:07 a.m.

Following along, there is a lot of stories ion that car it seems.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/18 11:58 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

I bought a hard dog ace for the daily nb. It clears both tops, and was far away from my unhelmeted head on the street. With stock seats and belt. 

I tried all of the hard dog options as i live nearby and found it to be the best for my set of needs.

Just watch out for helmet clearance on the Ace, it's a low bar due to how far back it sits. Every Miata driver is at least 6'2" and it won't help a lot there.

mazdeuce - Seth
10/30/18 12:18 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Sent you a message. Less floppy is good. 

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l0NvMBUHeCKYqYBSUu3m1NOvgNJMGaEixKp3L32U0CawJCQEAoGuKthsO5hyzjr8