JahjahSQC
JahjahSQC New Reader
8/26/22 4:28 p.m.

So after ruining a few daily drivers & street cars by lying to myself that I would "keep this one mild", including a 400whp hoosier-lovin' WRX STI, I gave up and finally committed to buying a car for a specific purpose back in December 2019. Of course the answer was Miata. After looking over a few different ones I decided on a nice clean slate 2006 Miata. I really liked the styling and interior of the NCs.

After driving it back from Birmingham, AL with no radio, the ABS light flashing, & the airbag light on; I immediately set my sights on the reason I purchased this car. The SCCA Chasing the Dragon Hill Climb that takes place annually in Robbinsville, North Carolina. I only had about 6 months to fix the issues & do all the safety requirements, but I managed to do so. I was also installed some Fortune Auto coilovers & put some proper pads/rotors as well. I went on to do a few more Autocrosses & time trials that year

I had planned on attending more events in 2021 as well as 2 more hillclimbs, but due to Covid, work & me destroying my knee, it put a dent in things & the year was basically a build year.

I attended the 2022 Chasing the Dragon Hill Climb this past month. Thanks to a few (lots & lots) changes & previous experience my first run on the first day was 12 seconds faster than my 2020 time. 

The cliff notes on the car are:

NC3 club sport front end, 9 Lives Racing rear wang & front splitter, 17" RPF1 w/ 245/40R17 BFG Rivals 1.5. Custom Eibach coilovers w/ 650lb front & 400 lb rear springs. 2.5L swap from a Ford Escape w/ cams, header, intake. NC3 6 speed & rebuilt OEM LSD by Walter Motorsport.

The car is quite a handful & I'm looking forward to the places that it takes me. Especially as being my daughter will be driving next year & shes excited too.

I'm also looking to do some kind of forced induction this winter. I'm leaning towards a BBR Supercharger, but until I place an order that could change at any moment.

mikeonabikesmith
mikeonabikesmith New Reader
8/27/22 6:21 a.m.

That's a great looking Miata! Excited to follow along. Are NC hardtops also going for as much as the cars themselves? 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/22 8:11 a.m.

I really like NCs, although I have never owned one. This one is choice, and in my favorite color, too.

JahjahSQC
JahjahSQC New Reader
8/29/22 9:38 a.m.

In reply to mikeonabikesmith :

oddly enough, they aren't as bad as the NA/NB. I've purchased 2 from the Mazda dealers for like ~$2300 each & this one is a CCP hard top that I think cost me like ~$1700 before paint.

JahjahSQC
JahjahSQC New Reader
9/6/22 2:04 p.m.

I've been adding/modifying this for a few days now. I think I've pretty much settled on the supercharger.

Our Preferred Partners
e9llB6WdG3lrCDpuFLrGlh5ArtIMx6kTu4b7NpHFPKAvDQGr4MIREsHSQIgEvWTS