1 ... 10 11 12
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
10/18/21 2:14 p.m.

More sheet metal work to close out the rear bulkhead. I like the bead roller but keeping the beads straight while turning the crank with one hand is almost impossible .

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/18/21 4:53 p.m.

Change the crank to an old steering wheel, and try to arrange the bead roller shafts that pulling the wheel top toward you feeds the material in. At least, that works best for me.

Fab some kind of "fence" to keep the beads parallel with the panel.

You need a lackey.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/20/21 11:51 a.m.

And on goes the body again.....likely it will be there until spring.......

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/20/21 12:38 p.m.

......and it's on the chassis...

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/20/21 12:55 p.m.

I wish I could make these flares work.......so close. I'll have to do some pondering on the best way to make it work.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/20/21 12:56 p.m.

Yes!!!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/20/21 1:24 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

I wish I could make these flares work.......so close. I'll have to do some pondering on the best way to make it work.

Rather than bring the flare to the car, can you bring the body to the flare by making some kind of filler piece? Thinking box-flare cause people dig that look.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/20/21 3:01 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I've been looking at both ways. Doing it in metal would likely be more budget friendly, just requiring me to find another free filing cabinets. Glassing them on might look better if I take my time, but material cost will be in the budget. I'd prefer a fiberglass bubble flare. We'll see...

I need to bolt on the front fenders and see if the 914 flares are even close at that end.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/20/21 3:37 p.m.

If you decide to pass them on, let me know. Ill take them!

(Yep. Im a vulture)

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
10/27/21 11:37 a.m.

I threw all the body parts back on the car in an effort to clear the second bay of the garage. I'll need the space to park the Miata for the winter. Work on the Challenge car will slow to a crawl soon.....

1 ... 10 11 12
Our Preferred Partners
mJczkkmLorGjUhEd2C1MzlpzoVWD3rslkuIxL6lKY3DLuJMnFVDx2MqfPEp1ycDp