1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Black Stig
Black Stig New Reader
8/8/08 3:27 a.m.

MOAR MOAR!

I need more build pics, LMAO!

Oh yeah, and your wife wanted to do some grinding too . . . .BOW CHICKA BOW WOW!

Sorry . . .Red Vs Blue moment . . .

-Stig

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/8/08 9:28 a.m.

No worries Stig-we will get some sliiiiideways pics for you soon enough!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
8/8/08 11:01 a.m.

Wanted:

One wife as cool as Mr. Joshua's.

Seriously...I feel like referencing this thread in a CL personals ad. "If this sort of activity looks, not tolerable, but enjoyable to you..."

Clem

[don't worry...I won't really reference this thread in a CL ad]

Black Stig
Black Stig New Reader
8/8/08 3:11 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: No worries Stig-we will get some sliiiiideways pics for you soon enough!

YAY!

I always enjoy some Miata Sideways-dom . . . . (yeah I can make up words if I wanna . . .I's a driftar)

LOL!

-Stig

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/8/08 11:23 p.m.

Great build thread, Josh! I look forward to seeing another kickass Miata in October. It makes me wish I was bringing mine back this year.

Anyone wanna run/borrow a Miata for the Challenge this year? ;)

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/8/08 11:55 p.m.
kcbhiw wrote: Great build thread, Josh! I look forward to seeing another kickass Miata in October. It makes me wish I was bringing mine back this year. Anyone wanna run/borrow a Miata for the Challenge this year? ;)

Hmmmmmm...................you mind if I paint it yellow?
Tuesday August 12, Finished building the Challenger today!

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/9/08 12:08 a.m.

Haha, it couldn't hurt. I've been wanting to repaint it anyway :).

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/9/08 5:52 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Did I mention that one of the main areas the Wife and I differ is I enjoy having bunches of projects, while she enjoys Finishing projects?

Now THAT is the kind of team mate that you have needed right along!

midknight
midknight New Reader
8/9/08 1:13 p.m.

Umm....Josh, watcha gonna do with that motor you took out?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/9/08 8:38 p.m.

Saturday August 9, 4-8:15pm

Soooooo, what engine can you put in a Miata with double the power and similar weight to stock?
A miata engine of course! (sorry Midnight)

What the heck is she doing over there?

She must be putting on one of those High Performance Exhausts ive heard about!

Now there's the missing piece!

With all that air the car will certainly need more fuel. Walbro 255 to the rescue! (Tucker, I think you just sold your Walbro )

Attempting to submit my entry for the Darwin Awards. Yeah you shouldn't use a torch to remove stuck screws on parts that were recently removed from a gas tank, but most of the gas had evaporated by then.

The car also got a new valve cover gasket and CAS o-ring.

We mostly know the path we are taking with the motor/driveline, I think we have finalized what we are going to do with the suspension, and hopefully we will soon be sure what we want to do with body and paint. Thanks to those who have answered some of my questions. I'm sure I will be emailing or calling a few more of you in the near future.

Heck, might as well start right now, any of you have good budget minded ideas to stiffen up the diff mounts?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/9/08 10:17 p.m.

Inspired by Tucker's E36 M3 post, I'll be over Monday afternoon to detail the E36 M3 outta the engine/engine bay before things get buttoned up!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/9/08 11:05 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: Inspired by Tucker's E36 M3 post, I'll be over Monday afternoon to detail the E36 M3 outta the engine/engine bay before things get buttoned up!

So do we count the $7000 wax in the challenge budget?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/9/08 11:26 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
Osterkraut wrote: Inspired by Tucker's E36 M3 post, I'll be over Monday afternoon to detail the E36 M3 outta the engine/engine bay before things get buttoned up!
So do we count the $7.000 wax in the challenge budget?

Misplaced that decimal point, friend!

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
8/10/08 1:00 a.m.

Spit is free, you know.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/10/08 1:23 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Heck, might as well start right now, any of you have good budget minded ideas to stiffen up the diff mounts?

Mazdaspeed has a set of competition diff mounts. Flyin' Miata has 'em for $70 a pop, not exactly budget minded. However, putting additional power through the 1.6's already weak differential might relegate the use of the old soft mounts. Doing so will remove a bit of shock from the diff, especially during the launch.

You guys are hauling butt on this build. I'm a bit jealous! :)

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/10/08 6:30 a.m.

Fuel pump sold? I guess that means you're subject to the price of my choosing.

Hope to see you this afternoon.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/10/08 2:33 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: Fuel pump sold? I guess that means you're subject to the price of my choosing. Hope to see you this afternoon.

I was going to go with what you paid for it. But if you somehow feel compelled to sell it for less, I sure wouldn't complain.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/10/08 2:47 p.m.

Sunday August 10, 2-3 pm

With the push to get work done on the challenger, general house and yard maintainance has been getting ignored. Today was lawn and house day! I started with the floors and then moved to the yard. The mower (giant pos that it is) wouldn't start, so I broke out the pressure washer. I pressure washed the Gazebo and went back to work on the mower. No simple fix this time around.

Ooooooh pretty!

With the pressure washer set up and no lawn to mow, I felt like the challenge gods must have been smiling on me. So I turned my efforts to degreasing challenge parts.

The now less greasy engine bay

The less dirty interior

The almost greaseless PPF and open diff. (note the Hong Norr special turbo adapter in the background)

The big bad VLSD!

Nothing too fun, but it was progress on a day where I didnt even plan to work on the car.

Another question for the miata turbo guys-where can I buy a C-clip tool big enough to help me clock the greddy turbo? Mine just bends.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/10/08 3:05 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Another question for the miata turbo guys-where can I buy a C-clip tool big enough to help me clock the greddy turbo? Mine just bends.

the ones we use on the line are custom made for us by the maint department.

btw.. hows the diesel project coming? Auto ADD much? :-)

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/08 3:28 p.m.

So you just need someone at a turbo company to lose a pair. Sounds simple enough

dyintorace
8/10/08 6:53 p.m.

Diesel project? What diesel project?

What did I pay for it? :scratching head:

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/10/08 7:49 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: Diesel project? What diesel project? What did I pay for it? :scratching head:

I think hes referring to this diesel project:

The Passat diesel was moving forward fine until a branch fell on the windshield. It drives well and tracks reasonably true. Ive sourced both airbags, the airbag controller, the seatbelts, and the auto retractors for reasonable prices. I could have it on the road with a few good days of work, but im guessing it will be finished after the challenge.

As far as the Walbro-I think I remember you paying $25 for it?

dyintorace
8/10/08 7:58 p.m.

Pretty impressive that the Jetta became a Passat now.

I don't recall.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
8/10/08 8:42 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: Pretty impressive that the Jetta because a Passat now. I don't recall.

Hahahaha-oops! I think maybe 11 cars at my house is too many.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/10/08 8:48 p.m.

Is it bad that I can only think of 10? One more hiding in the azaleas?

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5A5ktWket4wZwSXbrppwOhnGsLdpPr5vbZdfA9MfXFf0YhQYqNgbn0hWOIXe6SVq