1 2
surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
11/10/20 8:58 p.m.

After seeing these things revealed and drooling over them for a decade now, i finally had the means and the opportunity to buy a raptor!

Here she is. A gently abused 2018 shadow black supercrew. 801a package and more of a middle of the road truck. Which is what i wanted. No sunroof, leather seats, heated, and navigation. Simple, yet very nice. 

This truck is a blast to drive and is extremely comfortable. The mile drive to my house on our dirt road is no longer miserable, but enjoyable. If you have been on the fence about getting one, my 36 hour review is BUY one. 

But this comes after years of research. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/20 9:00 p.m.

Very nice! Which motor?

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
11/10/20 9:14 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

This is a 2nd gen (2017-2020) so it has the 3.5HO ecoboost. It makes 450hp and 510tq stock. And with the 10 speed auto, butt loads of fun. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
11/10/20 9:25 p.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

One of my guys has one of these, traded a 6.2 ( I think?) V8 version in on the 3.5 EB version and said it’s night and day (as in beast mode) from the V8 and gets significantly better gas mileage as a bonus.   Not that that’s a significant consideration if you’re buying a roughly $40K truck used....he’s all in on the EB V6.   Congratulations on living your dream. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
11/10/20 9:25 p.m.

Congrats, nice truck. Not many with no roof out there, good catch. 

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/10/20 9:28 p.m.

Anyone that isn't slightly amazed these exist from the factory is jaded. The car world is slightly crazy. What a cool vehicle.  Congrats!!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
11/10/20 10:27 p.m.

Very cool.  I love them.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/10/20 10:36 p.m.

Gorgeous ! Congrats 

I LOVE the Raptor! 

is it true next one is 7.0 L v8? 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
11/11/20 11:52 a.m.

Insurance gave you that much $$$$$ for the Mustang !?!?!?!?!!!!   wink

Good on you, love these too (coming from a GM honk)

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/11/20 12:04 p.m.

Love the Raptor!  Try your best to stay away from 650hp upgrades lol

rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
11/11/20 12:49 p.m.

Very cool.  Just don't do the YouTube Raptor test.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
11/11/20 1:26 p.m.

Thanks everyone! Its an incredible machine. Car and driver editors said it best. "Its the 1LE ZL1 of trucks." I dont regret getting a 2nd gen though i wanted a 1st gen. Its hard to find a clean low mile first gen that isnt a few grand off a clean low mile second gen. 

As for the youtube test. Im assuming you are referring to the most famous raptor jump that ended in totalling the truck. If so, not on my todo list lol. Although i do have a youtube channel and i do plan to post many videos on the truck! 

Here is a cockpit view!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
11/11/20 1:27 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Its rumored the new one will have a 5.2 lifted from the gt500. As awesome as that would be, i can only assume a 90k ish pricetag with a dealer markup to boot. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
11/11/20 1:28 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

I didnt wreck a mustang. Are you talking about shaun? I believe thats his name.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
11/11/20 1:39 p.m.

sweet. I'm a ford truck fan and those things make me drool.

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/11/20 2:05 p.m.

Rad! Those things seem like so much fun. 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
11/11/20 2:50 p.m.

I drove a first gen, it make cool noises but it left me underwhelmed with its performance.  Of course at the time I was driving a VK56 powered Pathfinder.  

What a great time to be a gearhead, and what a great truck.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/11/20 3:19 p.m.

Awesome truck.  One of my good friends had one and loved it!

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/11/20 4:06 p.m.

Never driven a raptor I hated. I really would love a gen 1 truck some day 

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/11/20 4:48 p.m.

Also a dream vehicle for me.  I'm hoping they put the 7.3 gas motor in the new one. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
11/18/20 7:43 a.m.

here is my youtube video i made 'announcing" it lol

https://youtu.be/RtlYmOj9S5U

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
11/30/20 1:10 p.m.
surfshibby07 said:

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

I didnt wreck a mustang. Are you talking about shaun? I believe thats his name.

senior moment my bad happy belated thanksgiving 

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
11/30/20 1:38 p.m.
Vigo (Forum Supporter) said:

Anyone that isn't slightly amazed these exist from the factory is jaded. The car world is slightly crazy. What a cool vehicle.  Congrats!!

right?!  its a twin turbo baja prerunner with 315's, over a foot of wheel travel and computer controlled bypass shocks while still having 4 leather seats, infotainment, and a real actual warranty.  as a kid growing up in the 90's, to imagine this being a real product you could buy for sorta-normal-guy money is completely insane.

to the OP - great purchase my friend.  i don't even like trucks, but i'd have one of these in a hot second.  love everything about them, ever since they came out.  they're tons of attitude with performance to back it up, AND they can do pickup work.  how can you not like that?  hope it treats you great, for a long time.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/20 10:13 a.m.

I’m torn between that and a Powerwagon.  The PW is more utilitarian and I’d argue capable off-road.  However it has that gosh awful handlebar mustache grille and I’m sure it’s not even 1/4 the fun to drive as an EB Raptor.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
12/5/20 12:04 p.m.

After servicing a few of these and driving one it's by far the coolest factory truck I've ever driven. If they didn't cost what my house did I would want one. Enjoy it!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rHaj36GdQwGf32sjmBIHpMqLaFaPXMWqUdigwRfO6eovqrelGbwVYCuKcMBKjOAM