1 2
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/16/19 8:53 a.m.

Slam it on its nuts. Spray the whole damn thing in satin black. Add nitrous and wide black wheels. Bring to challenge.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/16/19 11:55 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Slam it on its nuts. Spray the whole damn thing in satin black. Add nitrous and wide black wheels. Bring to challenge.

That has a high probability of being a thing if I don't sell it. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/16/19 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Do it. Please do it.

spandak
spandak Reader
11/16/19 2:40 p.m.

$500? Seems worth it to me. 

Jump it. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/17/19 11:07 a.m.

Jeep acquired. I didn't take any pics right away, but let's just say the photo provided is by far the best representative of this car right now. It's pretty gross. On the plus side, it runs awesome, heat and AC work, and the suspension feels right. 

On the downside, it's pretty disgusting inside. The interior is hammered. Between two kids, being a smoker, and using it as a pet rescuer vehicle...yeah. It also shares the interesting foible where you don't really need keys for it. I stopped at Walgreens to get a new sun pass and the radio randomly turned on. I couldn't figure it out and then realized something. Acc in this car is all the way back. So, I'd accidentally turned it to acc , taken the keys out to go get a sunpass, and the thing picked up the Bluetooth from my phone and started blaring music. Confirmed when I started it and then took the keys out of the ignition to show to swmbo. This is like the 5th car I've had like that. Only my....3rd Chrysler? Technically second because the other Jeep was old enough to still be AMC. Either way. Also has a cel diagnoses back to downstream o2. Florida doesn't care, so I'm not putting a 200$ sensor in a 500$ car. Also, the seating position in it is brutal as it is. It'll be fine as a commuter, but the pedals are way far left and on top of each other, so it twists my whole right leg in a E36 M3ty direction. Might have to unberkeley that. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/19/19 3:32 p.m.

spent most of the day rearranging our bedroom because swmbo wanted to rearrange it, and as it turns out, I'm in charge of lifting heavy objects. Beds and dressers and E36 M3 are heavy. I did have time to slap 15hp on the Jeep though, and give you all a capsule look into the po. Until I find a razor, I'm apparently all about mermaid life and salt life. I might just leave it- those of you that know me know why that's really funny. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/19/19 6:16 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I approve of the flip flops. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/19/19 7:38 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I approve of the flip flops. 

I'm in shoes now more than I'd like to be. My feet and knees have kinda been E36 M3 so I need to wear more supportive shoes, but I'm generally not in shoes and socks voluntarily. Funny, because I used to hate flip flops before I moved here. 

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
11/19/19 8:32 p.m.

As long as you don't weld in flip flops like Freiburger...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/20/19 7:54 a.m.

In reply to Agent98 :

I do not own a welder nor do I possess the ability to weld, so I think we're safe. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/20/19 8:57 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

You have the ability you just haven't unleashed it. It's just like a hot glue gun but with metal. 

ebelements
ebelements Reader
11/20/19 10:52 a.m.

As someone who spent way too much money trying to make a Liberty weirdly butch, don't do that.

Was pretty cool that mine was the first v6/stick off the line in Toledo. But other than that, eh. I think I still have one of the skidplates and a set of mats for one of these... if you want them they're yours.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/20/19 11:17 a.m.

In reply to ebelements :

I'd take it, but shipping from Ohio...eh. 

As far as butch, the only way this thing is going is down. No lifts in my future. 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/19 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

On the West Coast, the Turtle and Flip-Flop stickers are all about Hawaii.  Salt Life is also a thing here (though there's only one or two beaches you can drive on)

So that looks pretty close to what those Jeeps look like around here.  Maybe sub-in Rodeo Princess or Fairies for Mermaids, but yeah.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/20/19 8:20 p.m.

Welp- looks like I'm doing electrical. I berkeleying HATE electrical. The Jeep apparently has this fun thing where if you use the turn signals while the headlights are on, sometimes- the headlights shut off! That's fun. Most of the time, they turn back on, but sometimes not. Other times, they turn off, and on, and off, and on.... until you cycle the headlight stalk. I'm REALLY hoping it's not a berkeleying stalk replacement, I don't want to do that. I heard a relay click on and off in the dash when it happened to me tonight. Turned the car on, headlights started flashing. Cycled the headlights, didn't happen again, the whole way home. And unlike most of central florida- I use my turn signal. PO had told me about this, and further told me it was never a problem because they lived in Miami and apparently that's not a thing down there. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/20/19 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

turn signals are a sign of weakness in miami, 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/20/19 9:23 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Yeah you either have a short or a bad switch. The short might be in the switch even.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/21/19 5:40 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

You're thinking about what you should replace to fix the problem of headlights going off.  I'm thinking what you should add. 

If you add in the large (seemingly required) light bar along the front bumper, when the lights go out, you'll still have the light bar to guide you (and continue to blind the oncoming traffic.)  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/21/19 6:42 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Mndsm :

You're thinking about what you should replace to fix the problem of headlights going off.  I'm thinking what you should add. 

If you add in the large (seemingly required) light bar along the front bumper, when the lights go out, you'll still have the light bar to guide you (and continue to blind the oncoming traffic.)  

I have wanted an excuse to buy two small Suns worth of Chinese LEDs.....

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/19 9:04 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

sounds like a grounding issue in the forward harness.  disclaimer:  i have no real knowledge of the Liberty and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

HundredDollarCar
HundredDollarCar New Reader
11/22/19 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty brand new off the truck through the dealership.  First year of the Liberty IIRC.  Before it was six months old it began to exhibit weird electrical problems, most notably the interior lights in the console above the windshield having a mind of their own.  I'd be driving along and the two courtesy lights would come on, going from dim to bright as if someone was opening the doors, and going back off again.  Didn't notice at first since the Jeep was driven mostly in the daytime, but was a jolt when it first happened driving at night.  It was a very intermittent fault that could not be replicated, never happened in the same or predictable circumstances.  The dealer wasn't able to find the fault.  It was after I added a factory tow bar and the factory electrical tow harness package (complete with relays) and could only get power for the running lights but never the brakes that I threw in the towel and sold it. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IAARb5IiLVheh82D2nrzvUwHX8Sj1VKq5SJ2q5a2aXnbqbDb4UT6xZnUCusRLdVa