1 2
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/14/22 4:35 p.m.
Agent98 said:

Eddie: 4th gen. Revel in a car that Runs like a Swiss watch, low 13s or better and has a really crappy plastic usually shredded interior you don't have to care about. Will smoke a C4.

I don't follow what you're getting at. ??? 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/14/22 4:39 p.m.

I may be looking to sell my c4.  It's a 1994 6-speed.  I would make a deal for a fellow GRM'er.

Just some guy
Just some guy New Reader
8/15/22 12:35 p.m.

I selfishly hope you find a C4.  I'd love a Cousin Eddie build thread!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
8/15/22 12:44 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) said:
Agent98 said:

Eddie: 4th gen. Revel in a car that Runs like a Swiss watch, low 13s or better and has a really crappy plastic usually shredded interior you don't have to care about. Will smoke a C4.

I don't follow what you're getting at. ??? 

I believe suggesting you get a 4th gen Camaro/Firebird. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
8/15/22 12:52 p.m.
MadScientistMatt said:

They have great handling and the engine,...

I have it on good authority that GM has never made any good handling cars

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/15/22 2:07 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

You go right on thinking that. Keeps prices low.

Opti
Opti Dork
8/15/22 6:31 p.m.
Agent98 said:

I love 4th gens but I wouldn't say they'd smoke a c4.

Maybe an TPI C4, but a late L98 is a pretty close match to an LT1 fbody, but the C4 also had the LT1 which is faster than the LT1 Fbody and pretty evenly matched to an LS1 fbody in the 1/4.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
8/15/22 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

That was a joke, son, a reference to something another member said recently.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/17/22 1:15 a.m.

In reply to Peabody :

No worries.  wink

2GRX7
2GRX7 Reader
8/17/22 3:57 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

Would that be, "Greenwooded"?

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
8/17/22 11:35 p.m.

Eddie, I think whatever you get we will all be interested in, might look into a C5 instead, spend more time fixing it up less time fixing, and (still saying) that LS engine is hard to top. I looked at a 1999 myself but I read the ABS module is a concern, the only options are to swap out with another used one, can anyone confirm? Allegedly changed over in 2000. But get a C4 and I'm cheering you on....

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/18/22 5:57 a.m.

It's a barren wasteland out there in the car market right now. Poof, everything is just gone. I'm still looking diligently. I'm getting itchy for something to work on. The Texas heat is beginning to break and cool weather is on the way.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/18/22 8:40 a.m.

This would be a " rad " place to park that LS drive train.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/18/22 9:24 a.m.

A Spitfire club friend got a "free" C4 from his father in law. It had been sitting in a garage for many years after his FIL wasn't able to easily get in/out of it (it's not the most ergonomic car ever designed). He spent no small amount of time and money trying to restore it, before eventually giving up and selling it to a kid who's family was into Corvettes.  The big problem was it was an 1984 model, which has a whole host of parts and features unique to that model year.  

If you want to be amused, look up the Tire Rack options for an '84 Vette.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7sQzjlvjRSVx7Pt0Dx7rhWdxYd26eXUQKEjrOg2zQi1pn21gL4LNeJnNvgyWZ3fq