1 2
Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 5:18 p.m.

Well guys, I went and did this: $2017 For Sale ad

Texted Garaithon, agreed on a fair price, then went and picked it up this past weekend.

Every Build thread should have pics so here are the pics listed in the for sale ad:

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork

Gariathon listed with this text:

It runs, drives, does Miata things, but is no where close to perfect.

It has bilstein coilovers with eibach Springs ( I think they are 450 fronts and 700 rears, it's raised all the way up in these pictures.) CSF aluminum radiator. Rb header enthuzacar xr lightweight stainless exhaust. 4.3 torsen diff. Big NA miata brakes. New timing belt and water pump. New alternator, clutch slave and master cylinder. And more stuff...

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork

It does do "Miata Stuff"

Sweet Wooden Hood Prop was included in the deal.....

Full Stainless Exhaust....

Wide Band O2 sensor

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 5:27 p.m.

It looks a LOT better in the pics than it does up close, or even from a distance. Hence the Roadkill style.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 5:29 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 5:32 p.m.

Came with a pile of extra parts !!!! - (Budget recoupe !)

And a spare transmission

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 5:34 p.m.

Now why was did Garaithon put a wide band 02 sensor in this??? Hint: included in the deal was a nearly NEW T3 Turbo from an early Dodge

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
1/23/17 5:35 p.m.

Hope he has the spring rates reversed.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 5:45 p.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote: Hope he has the spring rates reversed.

You know I didn't even catch that... me too

This is my first entrance into "Miata" ownership

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
1/23/17 6:04 p.m.

Double check the Eibach part numbers on the springs. First number is the length ,the second is the I.D., and the third is the rate. 700 may be pounds or length, depending where it is in the sequence. If those are the rates, then they should be reversed. SpecMiata Eibachs were 700 front and 325 rear, for comparison.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
1/23/17 6:16 p.m.

That is a rare, '93 red/black. The red interior stuff is pretty rare. One year only and limited numbers of like 500.

I see you are missing the red leather seats.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/17 6:20 p.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621:

I think in the ad listing he said that the interior was partly swapped over. Still might be able to sell the red items to recoup more.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 6:35 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: Double check the Eibach part numbers on the springs. First number is the length ,the second is the I.D., and the third is the rate. 700 may be pounds or length, depending where it is in the sequence. If those are the rates, then they should be reversed. SpecMiata Eibachs were 700 front and 325 rear, for comparison.

Thanks for the info. I'll check into it. My limited outing revealed that it corners really flat.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
1/23/17 6:37 p.m.

That wideband setup is CLASSY!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 6:38 p.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621 & Stampie:

This isn't an original LE. The car was originally red and at some point resprayed black. Thanks for the tip about the potential desirability ($$#$) of the red interior, I hadn't thought of that.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 6:42 p.m.

Impressions on the first day of ownership:

It needs to be quieted down for street use. It's entirely too buzzy especially at interstate cruising, and well really any, on throttle position. Gotta get under there and see where/how I can add a resonator or something.

Also I don't care for the extended shifter he had set up on this one. I'm going to swap for the spare stock shifter on the extra tranny. Lots of little things are rattling here and there so I gotta see about civilizing it a bit for some on road time.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 7:00 p.m.
CLynn85 wrote: That wideband setup is CLASSY!

Can't tell if serious or sarcastic.... Soooooooo let me just say that a radio may or may not go back into that area.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 7:11 p.m.

I have too many cars.

Or rather, SWMBO thinks I have too many cars. I try to explain/rational with her that compared to some of you guys, I have a pretty small fleet (6 cars including this one) four of which are drivable!

Anyway, I have struck a deal with her: If I get back into the exercise routine, I can keep this one (without selling off any of the others).

Here's how this works out:

-In every two week period I must exercise at least 6 of those 14 days or the car must be sold.

== ^ == That's creating positive pressure.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/23/17 7:59 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy:

Working on the car should definitely count as exercise - problem solved!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/23/17 8:20 p.m.

In reply to petegossett:

You sure have gotten into a good rhythm with regular work on the "Poor Life Choices" build. I'll ask her if working out(side)(in the garage) counts as "working out"

Raze
Raze UltraDork
1/23/17 9:20 p.m.
Indy-Guy wrote: Every Build thread should have pics so here are the pics listed in the for sale ad

You sir are a credit to your species

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/22/17 11:25 a.m.

Need opinions please.

I have an offer to trade this Miata for a BMW 318ti Swapped with an M52.

Ad is here:

Bimmer listing click

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/22/17 11:27 a.m.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/22/17 11:46 a.m.

I vote YES!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/22/17 12:19 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy:

Well I'm guessing the Miata will be cheaper to maintain, insure, and on consumables, but if you're ok with those increased costs then I too vote yes.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hF5NjNilDPZ4PJwcn9qAEWtWPHYS4AadIsmEWyXS5wFqUYX7BPBh6yV9C7W6LMaO