1 2
buzzboy
buzzboy New Reader
4/22/17 12:57 p.m.

I daily drive an s52 swapped 318ti. It is amazing. Torqey engine, tight chassis, great controls. It's a little pricier to work on but nothing crazy. Highly recommended.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/22/17 1:27 p.m.

Thanks for the opinions. We're getting together today to show 'em to each other. I just haven't fallen in the with this "Answer"

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/24/17 7:41 a.m.

So, met up to take a look at the BMW offered in trade.

It makes all the right noises, pulls hard, looks good under the hood, wheels and tires are nice, a bit of metal missing (rusted out) from the tops of the rear wheel arches, drives and stops real nice. Then I take a peak under the car.... bummer. The tin worm has eaten away too much

Where the rear suspension cross member mounts is missing pretty bad on both sides. I don't wanna do rust repair, so I had to pass. Too bad, I was real excited about this one.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/24/17 9:08 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy:

That seems to be a pretty common theme with these cars in the rust-belt.

garaithon
garaithon Reader
2/13/18 1:41 p.m.

You still have this BEAST Indy?

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
2/13/18 2:46 p.m.

Does your spare stash bin contain the couplers for matting the AC evaporator to the rest of the HVAC system?

Pete

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/13/18 3:05 p.m.

Both are fun choices.  Love the TI but from memory thw chassis is a wet noodle vs others in it's family.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
2/13/18 8:49 p.m.
garaithon said:

In Reply:

Garaithon, Last time we chatted, your wife was expecting.... How's parenthood treating you?  It's pretty cool being a Dad isn't it?

-Regarding the BEAST, Sadly, no.   I let it go last year.  I daily'd it for several months, but didn't fall in love with it.

Strange right?  This was my first Miata, I've wanted one since they came out new.  It just didn't fit me the way I thought it would..... I guess it just wasn't MY answer.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/14/18 6:39 a.m.

I know where this car is now, and the current owner did not fall in love either. He bought a very stock version that makes him happy, and this car is available again.

garaithon
garaithon Reader
2/14/18 1:26 p.m.
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy said:
garaithon said:

In Reply:

Garaithon, Last time we chatted, your wife was expecting.... How's parenthood treating you?  It's pretty cool being a Dad isn't it?

-Regarding the BEAST, Sadly, no.   I let it go last year.  I daily'd it for several months, but didn't fall in love with it.

Strange right?  This was my first Miata, I've wanted one since they came out new.  It just didn't fit me the way I thought it would..... I guess it just wasn't MY answer.

There is nothing else like fatherhood, and defiantly nothing that can totally prepare you for it! I am loving it!

I know what you mean about having a car "fit." I have had several cars that I just couldn't live with. In fact I am on the hunt again!smiley

Gumby I do kinda want my car back. Could you get me in touch with the new owner?

Thanks guys! It really is like family around here!laugh

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
2/14/18 1:32 p.m.

In reply to garaithon :

your number still the same?

garaithon
garaithon Reader
2/14/18 1:37 p.m.

Yep!

gumby
2/14/18 5:30 p.m.
garaithon said:

Gumby I do kinda want my car back. Could you get me in touch with the new owner?

I will let him know, and try to put you guys together!

gumby
2/14/18 8:30 p.m.

Message sent thru the board. Lemme know if it doesn't show up.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M3otTQPsLZWDnQV8bp1yYBNCUqvM2m9sejeBWMu05py9ropiDTYxQtgAoVs15t7c