1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
12/19/12 10:26 p.m.

Damn. I really wish I had heard about it while I was there. But stupid tech school kids have better things to do like consume alcohol and try not to die doing stupid things with our cars.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
1/3/13 9:56 p.m.

Today, on my travels, I came across an IH truck that looks to be the same model as yours with a For Sale sign at a nearby farm. The cab is red. It had 4x4 front hubs and a full dump truck bed.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
1/3/13 11:19 p.m.

The old girl is bitchy about the cold, I suspect there is water in the unloved old 2 barrel which froze. We changed out the really ugly old fuel filter and rubber fuel lines that crumbled on touch but it still didn't want to fire.

I hope to get some progress on it this weekend.

John call me about the red one.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
1/16/13 7:28 a.m.

Replaced the broken indicator switch, and have been chasing a bad ground.

Installed a pair of H4 type headlights, vision is good.

Replaced the water pump, bearing was shot.

Installed a couple of better armrests.

Photobucket

Photobucket

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/16/13 1:22 p.m.

Nice! I had a 61 with a slant 4 and 3 on the floor as a daily driver about 4 years ago. Fun good old boy trucks

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
1/17/13 8:21 p.m.

Fixed the stupid hood release.

Picked up some decent seats to replace the world's hardest bench seat since Sunday school.

Located, cleaned, painted and installed an original air filter and element.

Oh yeah, replaced the battery, it wasn't happy in the cold

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/4/13 4:32 p.m.

Ordered a few pieces yesterday, new fuel cell seal, temp sensor, door seals (yeah its berkeleying cold), axle seal and a new bypass hose for the air cleaner.

photo Ihc_zps4fbf678a.jpg

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/3/13 8:48 a.m.

Upgrading the alternator to a 140 amp GM cop car alt, so we can run more accessories like a winch, plow, stuff.

Probably end up running dual batteries as well with an isolator.

Working on installing 3 Dakota buckets I sourced to make it more comfortable to drive further than the post office.

Also working on installing Ramcharger discs and master cylinder to the front end so it can actually, you know, stop.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
3/3/13 9:56 a.m.

So, when will it be for sale?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
3/3/13 9:18 p.m.

One word of advice from a previous IH "owner", if the floors and the rockers are solid, hit the underside with undercoat if it already hasn't been done. IH made solid frames, but you'd think the floors were made of the highest quality Japanese steel.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/3/13 9:34 p.m.

The cab isn't that good actually, its pretty roughly hacked together with junk sheet metal, I am seeking a better cab shell and will treat it prior to installing

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/10/13 11:39 p.m.

What a shocker, the 140 amp cop car GM 96 Caprice LT1 alternator was a direct bolt in swap for the rusted and busted original 40 amp unit on a 69 International and I mean exact fit.

photo interalt001_zpsa94454e0.jpg

We swapped the V pulley and it was a perfect fit as well. Correct offset, correct OD.

photo interalt002_zpsee9b4e2e.jpg

The only issue is the newer weather pack plug fitting which I had to order.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/19/13 10:28 p.m.

Weather Pack installed, awesome 140amp of power FTW.

Removed two light rear crossmembers, made a new pair of drop designed crossmembers which now accommodate the 35 gallon plastic Ramcharger fuel tank between the rails at the rear of the flatbed.

Removed the original filler tube from the cab, relocated it into the flatbed side, used some scrap 1 3/4 exhaust to link it to the Ramcharger rubber fill tube. Modified the bed support to stop gravity causing fuel to back flow,

The tank, and fill tube are finished up, just need to run the actual fuel line and I will have a decent range and water tight fuel storage.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/31/13 3:26 p.m.

photo 004_zps2de21f41.jpg

photo 005_zps4af7f3f0.jpg

photo 007_zpsd548cd42.jpg

photo 008_zpsa104d5ac.jpg

photo 009_zpsd54a172f.jpg

35 gallons FTW, range is now about 300 miles lol

photo 010_zps9c07602b.jpg

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/31/13 8:35 p.m.

Love this one. It makes me think I should have picked up the IH rather than my GMC. Oh well.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/31/13 8:58 p.m.

I hope the next item to be some disc brakes out front.

photo 011_zpsf8a3dda6.jpg

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
4/4/13 12:56 a.m.

Hadn't seen this one before, way cool!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HFTFwxnyXZkaCZU8AKWSibYqbuLnZ2HRuF8k3tP3aFqEOKPwjbvmwSHrpUtLNf5s