1 ... 5 6 7
Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
9/19/22 3:58 p.m.

Porky won its class, -sports cars over 2.0 liter (I think) over a 911. 

(I believe photo credit goes to Dan Green.)

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/19/22 4:20 p.m.

Fantastic!!

Why no back end bodywork?  Must not have done too many weird aero things, since the car was so quick.

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
9/19/22 9:17 p.m.
TVR Scott said:

Fantastic!!

Why no back end bodywork?  Must not have done too many weird aero things, since the car was so quick.

It’s a pretty slow track, and the driver didn’t feel that there was any difference. 

I have fueling issues to address, as well as setting up the suspension properly, but I’m confident that it’s going to reel in some decent lap times. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/22 9:29 p.m.

In reply to Slow_M :

Great to see it on the track.  Can you do some pictures of it as it is now?

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
9/19/22 11:01 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Slow_M :

Great to see it on the track.  Can you do some pictures of it as it is now?

You betcha. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/22 11:05 p.m.

Hope you don't mind me saying it but that's sexy.

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
9/19/22 11:07 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You know, I don’t mind one bit. 

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
3/4/23 1:44 a.m.

Going to do some minor work on Porky while staying with freshly engaged friends for a week’s vacation. Rebuild carbs, swap for a more appropriate fuel pump, mount new tires,  play with dogs, help with their race cars, be in great company, eat good and healthy food. 

In additional good news, I found out about my TVR’s engine. In the words of the engine builder, “The bores are bitchin’.” 

It was a wasp’s nest. 

Locked the engine so tight that when we were rocking the car back and forth, we broke traction at the tires without any movement in the engine. But when we took it out, it turned over. Mystery solved.

They’re disassembling it, cleaning everything, reassembling it, and clearancing everything. I’ve asked them to set the tolerances as they would for a season’s endurance racing. 

Redline will be 7,200. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/4/23 8:47 a.m.

Great news on the engine!!

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
3/10/23 1:14 a.m.

Catching the tail end of winter in the Eastern Sierras for some winter improvements. 

Changed out the Facet fuel pump to a Carter. 

Rebuilt the carbs. 

Mounted new tires. 

Modified the fire system to have one nozzle pointing at each carburetor. 

APBos
APBos New Reader
7/2/23 6:58 p.m.

Bernard

I have read through your thread and have lots of questions as I have just got a DSR project car that looks very much like a mk18. Like your car the chassis is set up for an inline engine and a transaxle. My car did not come with shocks in the parts bins. Would you share the model numbers of the shocks you purchased? In order to get the car off the ground I like to get it to the roller stage 

Regards

Paul

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NMn9GYTL8Hpmp0DqPT8G2zchfEp7ZDBERGSbCHsAF3AyRky3mgpllk2u7uclM6Fp