logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/23 12:30 p.m.

Its the Mazda edition Camry Dent!!!

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
6/8/23 11:53 a.m.

In todays edition of, "I don't need no pickup truck!" laugh

In all fairness, that engine is out of a Toyota Echo and the 1nzFE is about as light as a modern 4cylinder gets. The Mazda5 isn't really built for heavy hauling.

BlueInGreen - Jon
7/5/23 9:01 p.m.

Mazda 5.2* - Shock mount:

"The car started making this funny tapping noise..."

Good thing I had a set of shocks and mounts on the shelf in the garage.

I think it takes longer to get the tools together and jack up the rear of the car than it does to change rear shocks on one of these.

*not the one I was using to haul engines and stuff lol.

BlueInGreen - Jon
7/17/23 11:15 p.m.

The rest of the original exhaust finally fell off Mazda 5.1, but my "temporary" repair from last summer was still solid so I was a bit pleased with myself. 

Now I guess I should probably fix it properly with actual new parts.

BlueInGreen - Jon
7/20/23 8:58 p.m.

On that note, the extensive service records for Mazda 5.2 show two occasions of exhaust/muffler repair or replacement, so this one made it a few extra years on  the oem exhaust. Sandusky rust must not be as bad as Metro Detroit rust :P

BlueInGreen - Jon
7/27/23 9:50 p.m.

All fixed. Both 5s are usable again.

BlueInGreen - Jon
9/21/23 10:35 a.m.

Stuck some rear new wheel bearings on the 6. Easiest wheel bearing r&r I've ever done.

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/15/23 12:20 a.m.

Mazda 5 transmission pan doing Mazda things. At least it's easy to get to on the 5. It probably took more time to scrape off the old rtv than it did to physically replace the pan.

I've got another new pan on the shelf for the other car because I'm sure it's not far behind. That one's probably due for new ATF anyway.

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/17/23 7:51 p.m.

Tomorrow should be fun, and hopefully not too chilly.

Car prep was: checking tires, checking fluids, and removing a few months worth of toddler snack wrappers and crumbs from the backseat.

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/18/23 8:59 a.m.

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/18/23 9:20 p.m.

What a blast. First time competing in a driving around cones type event, so I wasn't surprised to be toward the bottom of the time sheet; but I improved steadily throughout the day and my last run was the fastest.

The Mazda6 handled itself pretty well for a midsize 4cylinder commuter car with an automatic trans. My brother brought his 94 Corolla so we had a Mazda v Toyota showdown, and he beat me. At the end of the day we were separated by less than 3 seconds, almost the difference of one cone. So it was actually a legit battle of the novices!

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/20/23 10:11 p.m.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mKnlaymswUCIiaH01VVDbnA2umiQfDz6YV1XI4vim9FEhdQtGL3iw4OwJML89D4a