1 2 3 ... 6
pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/18/19 7:05 p.m.

Only time will tell but I am willing to bet it's a contender.

I have owned lots of b13 chassis Nissans over the years.  Most recently I had a VE powered 1994 SE-R Sentra track car.  

I did a sr20det powered SE-R in 2014 for the challenge.

This year I am bringing an NX2000 to the challenge.  For those of you who are not familiar with the SE-R's less popular chassis mate, think of it as the love child of a SE-R and a Z32 300zx or maybe a Geo Storm...

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/18/19 7:10 p.m.

With some MX-3 stirred in

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/18/19 7:17 p.m.

So I decided to start looking for another SE-R a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately they all seem to have disappeared. 

Along the way I realized I hate Facebook market place, and the once busy Sr20 forums are dead.

Of course GRM came through in less than a week.  A three month old Facebook post led me to a 1992 NX2000 in Maryland. 

Thanks again Captdownshift!

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/18/19 7:25 p.m.

Here are the 3 pictures from the Facebook post.

I was able to get ahold of the seller who is a shop owner.  The car belonged to one of his mechanics who unfortunately passed away, he has had it for four years and the mechanic had no family so the car was left at the shop.  He finally decided to pass it along to a new owner and obtained a  title for it.

The shop owner is a club racer and is big into BMW's.  He is excited that it is going to a good home because it was his mechanics pride and joy before he passed.  

I will do my best to give it a good legacy.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/19 7:28 p.m.

Love it, but me says lovechild of SE-r and...

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/18/19 7:29 p.m.

He sent me a build sheet of sorts which is what led me to pull the trigger.

Its actually a very similar setup to my old SE-R.

The S4 cams, ECU, and header should be good for approximately 155 Whp.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/19 7:33 p.m.

Didn't they come with a LSD from the factory?

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/18/19 7:37 p.m.

No rust!

16 inch Rota Slipstreams with Azeni tires.  Needless to say I will need different tires for the challenge...

Car has one dent on the drivers rear quarter and a hole in the trunk spoiler.

That's all the pictures I have at the moment.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/18/19 7:38 p.m.

They do come with a factory LSD.

matt147
matt147 New Reader
3/18/19 7:56 p.m.

How are the rear strut towers?

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/18/19 8:08 p.m.

He said he could not find any rust...  the  seller seems like a genuine guy who has owned a successful mechanic shop for over 30 years, he has no reason to not disclose any problems.

I will hopefully get it later this week and will give it a thorough once over.

captdownshift
3/18/19 8:11 p.m.

I'm so glad this went to someone on here. I posted in in our $200x classified section about a week before the forum changes. I also was aware that this car has Wolf bits on it, it's well sorted and was a heck of a deal. The gastropod bar has definitely been set. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/19 8:28 p.m.

Where in Md?  I’m going to be out there next Saturday(30th)

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/18/19 8:48 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

This car is the real deal. I have been watching it for a while. This would be an amazing choice. I have driven a few of them and man... they are so much fun. my buddy had one that makes around 350hp and my God that is a fun car. this car has a ton of the good stuff. I hope you snag this thing.  The T-tops have a tendency to leak a lot or not work properly. Those sway bars a huge find. The D2's are meh.. But there are some great options out there in the future. The convention will have more Eggs in one place than anywhere you could ever see. There are also tons of people with great parts out there. I hope this works out! 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/18/19 9:25 p.m.

I had double adjustable konis on the white car with ground controls.  The D2's are going to be a step down but I had more in my shocks and springs on the last car than what I bought this one for.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/18/19 9:36 p.m.

Sweet!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
3/18/19 10:21 p.m.

Pretty cool score. Did you see the date code on those tires! Even with a 200 tread wear # I think they are rocks.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/18/19 10:31 p.m.

That's a fantastic built sheet - well bought!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
3/19/19 12:26 a.m.

Outstanding! After spending a month with a G20, I've become pretty fond of these cars.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/19 4:27 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Just in case you’ve inspired anyone else, or decide you want to enter a pair of them this year, here’s another one for $2k that appears to be in decent condition. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/19/19 5:37 a.m.

That one looks nice!  I picked this one up for $1500.00

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
3/19/19 6:29 a.m.

The greatest gastropod?  It might be- the gastropod class is supposed to be stuff you can race and also trust to get your 17 year old self to high school, right?

A B13 SE-R was exactly that for me, it was my first "fast" car when I was 17.  That thing never had a single issue, whether it was driving to school, or the summer job, or autocrossing, or less legitimate Fast and the Furious inspired shenanigans.  What a great car, I should get another at some point- I do remember that, when I sold it, some guy in a grey NX2000 showed up and attempted to persuade me by literally waving $1k in cash in my face.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/19/19 6:34 a.m.

That was very well bought and I'm excited to see what you can pull off with the extra room in the budget. And the taco run of course. 

captdownshift
3/19/19 11:13 a.m.

Btw if you're coming north to pick it up yourself, I'm Four One zero 303-3604. I have a guest room and access to a shop about 20 minutes from where the car is. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/19/19 12:09 p.m.

I appreciate the offer.  I have a transporter picking it up and delivering it this week.

Did you know the previous owner by any chance or see the car in person?

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XCmn9Mxw0ZVaaT3cxg54EpzjsR1KE5kk9Ayts7ycCWbr8zp2BXWOBEFSh5SycXoK