1 2
vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/4/15 9:01 p.m.

Pics to come.
The basics: Sasha, my 75 Stingray is getting a new heart. Also, some updates to the suspension as time and more importantly money allows.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
10/4/15 9:10 p.m.

LS?
Something more OEMish?
Some abomination that will make even we, the nutjobs of GRM, scratch our heads?

Goals for the project?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/15 4:55 a.m.

You could probably squeeze a dozen or so rotors in there.

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/5/15 6:05 a.m.

can you afford to restore your Sasha. I have seen c-3 corvettes done a thousand ways.Original always seems to catch my eye, They get too Heavy for short fast turns, drag cars look like Munster Mobiles. How far is it from restorable? I thrashed (trashed?) my c-4 with a saws all,but it wasn't to be restored having been wrecked, and there are still lots of them to fix if someone wanted.A c-3 that can be restored are getting fewer and farther between

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
10/5/15 7:33 a.m.

C3's are pretty. Looking forward to pictures.

SEADave
SEADave HalfDork
10/5/15 11:06 a.m.

C3's (or Mako Sharks as we used to call them) were my first automotive love. When I was a little kid they were the only cars that I could distinguish from the rest as being something special. I would probably have one now if it wasn't for the fact that 2-seaters just don't work for me and I didn't already have enough other automotive projects going. I will be watching this thread with interest.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
10/5/15 11:12 a.m.

I still wish I could fit comfortably in a c3 with the Windows up. Id own one then.

So, give us some details.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
10/5/15 1:45 p.m.

I got to see a C3 autocross a few weekends ago. Watching everything on the front end shudder (the light covers were hilarious) on launch was highly entertaining. It was pretty fast at least.

Look forward to the pics!

vwcorvette
10/5/15 8:01 p.m.

This is Sasha at my friend's garage the night before the swap begins.

vwcorvette
10/5/15 8:08 p.m.

Out with the L-48 and th400.

vwcorvette
10/5/15 8:11 p.m.

Sasha's new heart. Not saying what yet. Can you guess? Will include fuel injection. Too bad I misplaced the flex plate.

vwcorvette
10/5/15 8:13 p.m.

Parts is parts.

vwcorvette
10/5/15 8:14 p.m.

This will be a reliable DD running FI, 4l60e, possible Borgeson power steering upgrade.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
10/5/15 8:25 p.m.

Lt1. And 4l80.

vwcorvette
10/5/15 8:48 p.m.

Too easy. LT1/4l60e from 1995 Caprice 9c1. Rebuilt stock, low budget upgrade. Already have ITB Rabbit so no need to go crazy with this one.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
10/6/15 11:38 a.m.

Theres a 74 nova on a rotiseree behind me getting the same driveline.after body work. Seems to be overshadowed by lsx all the things. Should make a fun driver.

vwcorvette
10/6/15 7:34 p.m.

Doing this cause virtual bolt in. Modify trans mount, shorten driveshaft, move parking brake pulley. Lower block same as all SBC.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
10/6/15 7:46 p.m.

Except for the wiring and fuel system. What are you planning for the efi supply?

vwcorvette
10/6/15 7:55 p.m.

Most Vette owners run a new larger line as feed and use the old as a return line. Still researching what needs to be done for pump. Can get a kit to convert tank, get a tank from an 82, or add in line external pump. Using stock efi. Intend to send PCM out to be flashed.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
10/6/15 8:05 p.m.

In the elky, I did a cheap ebay surge tank and two pump setup. No fuel starvation issues. Ever. No matter how stupid i get on fumes. I can get down to a gallon left in the tank and use all my traction.

On the duster, im adapting a late model gm module assembly to the tank. No room for a surge tank setup.

I have run rail mounted pumps before, and never had good luck due to fuel slosh.

D2W
D2W Reader
10/8/15 2:40 p.m.

Like the C3 but more interested in whats in the back of your buddy's shop. Please enlighten.

vwcorvette
10/8/15 3:24 p.m.
D2W wrote: Like the C3 but more interested in whats in the back of your buddy's shop. Please enlighten.

Do you mean the 64 Sting Ray convertible or the 74 Ambro? Or the fan in the window he uses when painting to draw air from the shop?

vwcorvette
10/11/15 7:30 p.m.

Only 4 good leafs remaining. Not the best way to lower a car.

That's better.

vwcorvette
10/11/15 7:33 p.m.

New flex plate. Misplaced the original. What a dumbass!

D2W
D2W Reader
10/12/15 1:55 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote:
D2W wrote: Like the C3 but more interested in whats in the back of your buddy's shop. Please enlighten.
Do you mean the 64 Sting Ray convertible or the 74 Ambro? Or the fan in the window he uses when painting to draw air from the shop?

I thought the red and white was a Dio Tipo, never heard of an Ambro, now I know some history. would have never guessed the other was a Sting Ray. Looks like he is mocking up a modified top. Its fun to play guessing games with half covered cars.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2DjhiM6itNeGdkFH3vLSy9x9jqkAqZUKwJC5aEcqcOq0TWkaaA0PMxHjnamdGe47