1 2 3 4 ... 9
vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/9/15 9:36 p.m.

What about this? TWO throttle bodies!!!!!
Cross wire injection

NickD
NickD Reader
12/10/15 2:11 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: What about this? TWO throttle bodies!!!!! Cross wire injection

The Crossfire Injection didn't work right even when they were new. Should have been named Misfire Injection.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
12/10/15 5:06 p.m.

And yet I still want one. To run dual 2.8 tbi on a stroker....

Chadeux
Chadeux None
12/11/15 8:34 p.m.

I may have heard a rumor at some point about people running the dual injector truck TBI units on the CFI manifold. 4 injectors instead of 2 might be worth something.

Jambo
Jambo New Reader
12/12/15 6:39 a.m.

Don't have any further info about the tbi setup. But for wheels, if your van runs a 5x5 wheel pattern, then I think a set of 94-96 Impala SS wheels would be pretty sweet. 17 inch, Aluminum, and can sometimes be sourced from the JY or the List of Craig.

I can't tell where you're located but there's a guy on ATL Craig's list that's constantly parting out Impalas. He told me $425/set of 4 last year before I decided to go with 15s due to crappy roads here in SC.

If you just want 2, then Cragar soft 8s are available individually.

Keep it up and good luck.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
12/12/15 8:40 a.m.
NickD wrote:
vwcorvette wrote: What about this? TWO throttle bodies!!!!! Cross wire injection
The Crossfire Injection didn't work right even when they were new. Should have been named Misfire Injection.

I thought the proper name was ceasefire injection.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/14/15 9:42 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Oh, adaptors and c4 sawblades would be awsome. Just buy the $50+ hubcentric ones off eBay.

Ssshhhh that's my plan for the Roadmaster! (though mine are technically "salad shooters" according to the StanceNation™)

Anything off a B-body or 90's GM 1500 will also fit. 5x5 bolt pattern. Plenty of 15xwide wheels on CL for the drag slicks.

vwcorvette
2/7/16 4:01 p.m.

Update: engine pulled from C3 is not L48 as originally thought. It's a GM crate 350 built in Mexico. Pulled the heads and oil pan today. Cylinder walls look awesome with evidence of cross-hatch visible. Needs a good cleaning. Intakes 1.94, Exhausts 1.5. Guides are good.

Just gonna refresh and update to 268 cam.

Question regarding value. The engine came from a car I already own. How do I reach a value to go against the budget? Was thinking $300 plus all parts and labor needed for rebuild.

Will post pics next.

vwcorvette
2/9/16 6:37 p.m.

Thinking of just cleaning up the bottom end after checking the mains and rods. The cylinder walls are excellent.

vwcorvette
2/9/16 6:43 p.m.

Question? What cam? 268? It's been suggested that may be too much for towing. This van will serve as my track vehicle to tow my gti beyond the Challenge. And other things around town as needed. Suggestions?

Here is the Dr side head. Gonna clean up and shave enough to make sure straight and to bump compression from the 8.5:1. Reuse valves with a simple lapping in. Nothing fancy. Don't intend to win the Challenge. Just show up and have a good time. Besides it will already be better than the 4.3.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/9/16 8:22 p.m.

To the OP:

I have a set of 17x8.5 C4 Sawblades that I would like to sell to you for $120 plus shipping. Two lefts, two rights, all fronts, all ET56 so plenty of room for adapters.

vwcorvette
2/9/16 8:41 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: To the OP: I have a set of 17x8.5 C4 Sawblades that I would like to sell to you for $120 plus shipping. Two lefts, two rights, all fronts, all ET56 so plenty of room for adapters.

$ to 05487?

Where are you located?

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/11/16 4:08 p.m.

If you have any doubt that the C4 wheels will look awesome, check out my Roadmaster thread for proof. If you don't buy those sawblades I probably will.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
2/11/16 5:58 p.m.

That's some good luck to find a crate 350 in place of a l48. Good thing your milling the heads cause they weren't actually known for being straight from the factory. And if you get the chance I suggest having the iron guides machined to fit the normal style valve stem seals, I think it's just the intakes that have the different style but I can't remember it maybe exhaust. I just remember machining them on a few of the Mexican heads.

Awesome build I can't wait to see this thing put together!

AngryCorvair
2/11/16 6:57 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette and maschinenbau:

I'm in Novi MI 48377. Will get shipping quotes tomorrow.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/11/16 7:19 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: In reply to vwcorvette and maschinenbau: I'm in Novi MI 48377. Will get shipping quotes tomorrow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's where i met him to drop off the motor mounts last year.

vwcorvette
2/13/16 3:13 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

I'm flying out to MI for Memorial Day. Think I could check them as baggage? Probably cheaper than shipping. I assume no tires on them? I could have someone from my wife's family pick them up ahead of time.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/13/16 3:35 p.m.

i have 17x9.5 sawblades too if you need more rubber, or want wider rears.

here's your receipt. i sold you the motor mount adapters for $10 delivered.

vwcorvette
2/13/16 4:11 p.m.
patgizz wrote: i have 17x9.5 sawblades too if you need more rubber, or want wider rears. here's your receipt. i sold you the motor mount adapters for $10 delivered.

Thanks but I already have some 9.5s on the Vette I can use if needed.

Thanks for the receipt!

AngryCorvair
2/14/16 12:01 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: To the OP: I have a set of 17x8.5 C4 Sawblades that I would like to sell to you for $120 plus shipping. Two lefts, two rights, all fronts, all ET56 so plenty of room for adapters.
$ to 05487? Where are you located?

Shipping is about $24 per wheel via UPS ground.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 New Reader
2/14/16 8:10 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette:

Yes you can take wheels as checked baggage, I brought 3 home from japan just a couple months ago stuffed into a large duffle bag.

the 4th wheel I took as a carry on without any issues either, although that was flying from Japan to home, within the US it seems the TSA is a bit more strict at times. YMMV

vwcorvette
2/15/16 2:44 p.m.

Update: exhaust valves pitted, lapping them in not an option so new exhaust valves. Main bearings look real good, but rods not so much. So, new mains and rods, oil pump, RV cam with lifters and new springs, new timing set, re-ring and a quick hone, full set of gaskets. All parts @ $350. Sending heads out for clean up and resurfacing (@ .0010-.0015").

Parts should be here tomorrow. This is happening.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
2/15/16 3:56 p.m.

Any reason not to have them lop more off the heads? Iirc those motors have real weak compression. I'd ask them to take off maybe .030, which leads me to another point. I think you added too many zeros haha what you said is 1 and 1.5 thousands I think you mean 10 to 15 thousandths.

AngryCorvair
2/15/16 4:40 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette:

Correct, no tires on them. Sure, you can have someone pick them up beforehand. For you, $100 picked up. I'm building a road bike for my daughter and need the $ to complete the build.

vwcorvette
2/15/16 7:05 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: In reply to vwcorvette: Correct, no tires on them. Sure, you can have someone pick them up beforehand. For you, $100 picked up. I'm building a road bike for my daughter and need the $ to complete the build.

Deal. You do PayPal? Email me. geo.l.rooney at gmaildotcom to confirm and I'll transfer the $.

1 2 3 4 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4OcR0ZSpuzNmTxzPqAH68sARnlT2rgIOv7Ixq0vZD7xq5EltdZqHQeFDQjprRaQp