1 2
m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/6/14 10:25 p.m.

Thanks for the link. It is nice to see what a really clean one looks like. My interior is pretty bad - Texas sun does alot of damage to interiors.

m4ff3w
4/9/14 9:23 p.m.

Some updates:

• I changed the head gasket and front cam seal to fix a pretty prodigious oil leak, only to find the crank seal is leaking as well, just not nearly as bad as the other two.
  • I'm averaging just under 33 mpg - though this might soon drop a bit because of the next item.
  • I vacuumed down the a/c Monday evening and left it sitting for a couple of days, still have >30" of vacuum, I charged it with R134a today and am getting 40F with a 85F ambient. yay!
  • I tinted the passenger side front window today, as the old tint was peeling bad. We'll see in a few days if I did an OK job.
  • I'm off to find a better drivers seat sometime this week, the foam is collapsed and wrecking my back.

This car is alot of fun, I'll see over the next week or so how much fun and mpg the a/c zaps from the amazing 73hp mill.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
4/11/14 1:38 p.m.

Cant be worse than the ~60 hp Insight with no battery assist.

Real tint makes a big difference if the car sits in the sun while you're at work. Even the best AC takes a few minutes to bring a car interior down from 130 to 89 so the less hot it gets in the sun, the better the drive home is.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
4/11/14 2:18 p.m.

Justine - Wasn't that the main character in "The Devil in Miss Jones"?

m4ff3w
4/12/14 12:26 p.m.
jstein77 wrote: Justine - Wasn't that the main character in "The Devil in Miss Jones"?

Never heard of it. But Wikipedia says that is correct.

I picked the name due to an Andrew Blake film.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
5/12/14 10:15 p.m.

I just saw one of these today...my first one! In regard to your first post (about looking for a Swift, Metro, etc. to turbo), what do you know in regards to this? Turbo-ing a tin can sounds like loads of fun! Are you planning to turbo Justine?

m4ff3w
5/13/14 12:29 a.m.

Actually, I'm about to pass Justine to a new owner.

I was planning on turbo-ing her, they respond well to boost and 120hp is perfectly reliable.

http://subarujusty.proboards.com/ is a good (almost only) resource.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
5/13/14 7:01 a.m.
m4ff3w wrote: Actually, I'm about to pass Justine to a new owner. I was planning on turbo-ing her, they respond well to boost and 120hp is perfectly reliable. http://subarujusty.proboards.com/ is a good (almost only) resource.

Do you have an owner in mind?

m4ff3w
5/24/14 8:24 a.m.

She's gone to some kid who chased me down off the highway because a Justy was his first car. It was the 2nd time in 6 months I've sold a car that I've been chased down by someone in. The other was the Shelby.

CrookedRacer
CrookedRacer New Reader
5/24/14 4:40 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote: It was the 2nd time in 6 months I've sold a car that I've been chased down by someone in.

Maybe you just need faster cars. ;-)

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
5/24/14 5:44 p.m.

So what's on the project docket now?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rbyKEiD31s8eBqvYuU9VbzvGWu1hoMHc9fUQ5SeOZ5x764gHgFJeFl4P6bPeKFe9