1 ... 5 6 7
ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
5/11/21 10:37 a.m.

did a 700 mile round trip this past weekend to see family.  3 people and a dog, did 31mpg up and 33 back with the cruise set around 78 or so.  best part was i got to play in the mountains a bit while "running errands" and put the michelins to work.  still a bit cool up in the VA highlands so i also got to enjoy spring again!

tell me if any of you suffer this fate when leaving your mother's house on a long trip where she assumes you'll go hungry unless she throws all the food at you...its like the scene in Lampoon's Christmas where Chevy Chase is like "she wrapped her damn cat!"  here's 10 pounds of random potatoes and 3 bags of brownie mix because you know, i have so much room.   love ya mom.

turned 110k miles on the way home.

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
8/12/21 4:54 p.m.

so brake warpage was really getting me salty lately so threw new rotors on everywhere. i've just been getting worse and worse pad deposits recently, and i can't "scrub" them off with a harsh re-bedding. i've noticed its worst after i wash the car, maybe my pad compound is prone to creating deposits when subjected to water and left to sit?  obviously the previous owner put the rotors on with all the set screws in place, so i had to drill those out and then proceed to beat the life out of them to free them from years of corrosion on the hubs. bleh.

you can really see the deposits here.  just couldn't get them off, turning them wasn't cheap, and i didn't have time to attack them with sandpaper or what not.

took the opportunity to put on the new SPC (now Duralast) rear adjustable uppers from a couple posts ago. need to dial in just a hair more camber to completely eliminate any rubbing under full compression and i'm looking forward to more tuning flexibility when i start to take this on track.

on the left side of the stock passenger arm Honda took the effort to put a little heat shield to protect the bushing because it sits directly above the exhaust.  so, i figured if Honda Co took the time to do that, maybe i should have a go at it. so some scrap aluminum and a dremel later and its ugly.....but it does the deed.

comparison:

1 ... 5 6 7
Our Preferred Partners
XPJhfWbL5OvVYQ1UtrZvzL4AdXe0JKUBFGeF2UW5d0P99HB4xS86343mK062xhfp