1 ... 38 39 40
java230
java230 UberDork
1/18/21 11:12 a.m.

That looks like an absolute blast! 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
1/25/21 6:51 p.m.

Monday track day. Far superior to a Monday work day. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
2/1/21 8:02 a.m.

So the SCCA adopted the UTV class about halfway through last year.  I hopped aboard right away with the purchase of my YXZ, but only one other UTV guy has joined since then, and he's only attended one event.  As a result, I won the season points championship without much struggle.  The awards banquet was pretty fun socializing with rally people, and Sunday was a non-points event to prepare for the season. 

However, the lack of seat time at these SCCA events is starting to make me question if its worth my effort to attend anymore.  There is so.  much.  time.  wasted.  at these events, its very frustrating.   Show up at the requested 9am, but nobody's on course until 11.   Get your cars staged in the grid area, and then watch for 1/2 hour as the designers make adjustments to course and do multiple test runs.  dust in the air sets off the timing lights, everything comes to a halt, 4 people get re-runs.  I love rally, but I don't love inefficiency.  The Firm is hosting a 4 event points series this year and their courses are better and they are way more efficient.  I'll be at all 4 Firm events, but I will definitely be missing some of the SCCA events :(

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
2/6/21 6:48 p.m.

I've never been thrilled with the Chase Bays abs/booster delete kit since day 1. The heavy pedal force needed just takes away some of the confidence in the brakes. Then I realized it's single port master cylinder is pretty dangerous, as a single breach in the brake system renders the entire system useless and no brakes. 

I've been putting off this booster project a while because I knew it would be a pain in the ass. And it is. The Mercedes booster is not a perfect fit as the 2010 internet thread lead me to believe.  I've had to cut off the Merc plunger/fork and weld on the bmw one. Then I had to dremel out the hole for the master cylinder a bit to get the MC to slide in.  But the pieces are slowly coming together. 

I invested in a $200 summit brake line flaring tool and it works fantastic!  I'm really hoping the boosted brakes will feel nice. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
2/8/21 6:25 a.m.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
3/1/21 8:08 p.m.

A couple pics from the Firm rallyx last weekend. Took the overall win. Woohoo!  They're hosting a 4-event series this year. Winner of each class gets $500 cash!  So I'll be shooting for that prize. 

1 ... 38 39 40
Our Preferred Partners
AQuv1HYnBltCvkiiUWB8fIo1Ou6gr1W8CVMNzwZYMJW9E99BkaxsePbYkLN80j95