1 ... 4 5 6
Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/1/23 12:30 p.m.

So, unhappy with the current ride and missing my previous ranger I have decided to lower this one too. I had listed it for sale about a week ago and after dealing with more Facebook flakes took it down. This is gonna be a tad trickier with the torsion front but seems it can be done. Plan is axle over leaf conversion, loosen the torsion keys, new shocks all around and some low pro tires on some wheels I've had sitting around. Hope to have a beater mini truck soon, thanks for listening 

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/2/23 6:12 p.m.

Starting to work out a plan, not quite a roadkill cardboard list but this will do.

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/8/23 3:09 p.m.

Some days it feels like the universe doesn't want you working on your car, nice day so figured I'd do my oil change on my Hyundai. First off drove over my ramps and scrunched up my right front fender, add that to the list of body parts to replace ugh. Anyways feels good to have fresh oil, pretty sure this stuff was working towards 10k haha. Also decided to test fit the wheels on the ranger, gave it almost two inches of drop! Went from around 35" fender to ground to 33". Love the look just need spacers so I can test the fronts. 

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/13/23 4:46 p.m.

Parts showed up... in time for another winter storm warning arghh. I decided on drop keys for the front for now and a axle flip kit for the rear. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/23 5:39 p.m.

In reply to Angryranger :

That's going to look good.

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/13/23 7:24 p.m.

In reply to Stampie : Thanks! Going for a ratty mini truck vibe 

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/29/23 3:52 p.m.

Well my truck unthawed so I was able to start working on it, got the bed off and started to get the leaf springs out. The front bolt is stuck in there pretty good, I would like to save the bolt but leaning towards just cutting it off and pushing it out. Any suggestions, already spent too much time on one bolt

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
3/29/23 3:59 p.m.

In reply to Angryranger :

Slide hammer?

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/29/23 4:02 p.m.

In reply to Shavarsh :

I really should invest in one, but not in my tool arsenal yet

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
3/29/23 4:04 p.m.

I usually just rent one from the flaps when I need one. Cutting it isn't a bad solution

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/29/23 4:26 p.m.

In reply to Shavarsh :

I think that's what I'm leaning towards, last time I had to do this the torches came out but this one is right next to the gas tank 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/30/23 6:03 p.m.

I'm confused on how cutting that is going to help.  Won't you just have less bolt to work with and still need to het the entire thing out, right? 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/30/23 6:05 p.m.

I take an open end wrench that goes over the head of the bolt, wedge it against the back of the bolt head and whack it with a hammer until it comes out.  

This is assuming that it is already free of what it is threading into.

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
4/2/23 2:59 p.m.

2" spacers came in so I threw em on, success. Car wheels on my truck. Got some new leaf spring bolts and u bolts coming from rock auto, so these will meet the grinding wheel ahaha 

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
4/4/23 3:49 p.m.

Cut that bolt off still stuck inside but decided to push through. Few notes, sway bar mount needs to be shortened, shocks are about a foot too long and the exhaust is in the ground haha.

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
4/6/23 4:54 p.m.

Few small updates, right shock works but left is too big so have to order some, rear bumper came of without one broken bolt, got the 90 bend off the exhaust. I want to route the exhaust under the axle so I hope there's room. 

Shavarsh
Shavarsh HalfDork
4/7/23 1:07 p.m.

Are the shocks different lengths?

Angryranger
Angryranger Reader
4/7/23 6:13 p.m.

In reply to Shavarsh :

No just the way they mount the left is more compressed, talking to some lowered ranger guys and they all suggest the belltech nitro drops 

Angryranger
Angryranger Reader
4/8/23 3:24 p.m.

Got the right side mocked up, still working on getting the stuck bolt out for the left leaf pack. Decided on flipping the shackle because it wasn't gonna be low enough. Threw the bed on to see what I'm looking like and I'm super happy.

Angryranger
Angryranger Reader
4/24/23 6:00 p.m.

Finally got my shocks set in the rear, decided on some $7 RockAuto specials for a Nissan quest. They fit and I have suspension movement. All that's left for the rear is clean the frame up and route the exhaust, can't decide on over or under the axle. 

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZYC0isTBu7Oo3cbayNhBDD7HJ7s07r0HD6vP57ChqlwDUL2VhXXyH7Xf2wyajB4v