1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/14/22 8:33 p.m.

I know it took a while but I got the mistakes corrected and here is the video MISTAKES WERE CORRECTED

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
11/14/22 11:22 p.m.

Looking great man!

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/14/22 11:39 p.m.

Dang that looks so good. 

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
11/15/22 5:16 a.m.

Oh that is pretty. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/19/22 11:38 p.m.

Some people online have been giving me a hard time for not having provisions for harnesses so I feel that I need to explain what I'm up to. Obviously, there are always compromises when building a street car that is also track worthy on a limited budget. Everything is weighed for practicality, performance and price. I am not planning on adding harnesses because I feel that a 3 point belt is fine for a car in a street tire class and I don't want the extra weight of a harness guide bar or the inconvenience of using them day to day or limiting access to the back seat. This same theory applies to everything else on the car, too. I will have to sacrifice some performance to make the car better for day to day use. Here's the latest video on coating the bottom with bed liner PROTECT YOUR BOTTOM

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/20/22 2:41 p.m.

In awe as always....very well done even the underside is a thing of beauty and a joy to behold.....hey did you ever decide on the type of induction for this? ITB's perhaps?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/20/22 6:41 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Whatever comes on an LS7, maybe upgrade to a Holley high ram intake.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/20/22 6:43 p.m.

Bolted a whole lotta stuff onto the car today, a video will be made once there's more things attached 

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
11/20/22 6:48 p.m.

Sexy looking beast coming together sir.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/20/22 9:57 p.m.

Sorry Loose what is the forward attachment point on the door bars again.....yes that's MR PITA thank you very much...  

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/21/22 9:27 a.m.
759NRNG said:

Sorry Loose what is the forward attachment point on the door bars again.....yes that's MR PITA thank you very much...  

They bolt directly to the frame

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/26/22 11:53 p.m.

Remember that cool pass-thru. Made for the steering column? Today I found out that there is only a couple of thou clearance between it and the upper control arm bar-yikes! 

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/27/22 12:56 a.m.

Hopefully your alignment doesn't require shims on the backside!

Lookin' good!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/27/22 9:38 a.m.

In reply to Run_Away :

That is at full caster and a 1/4 inch camber spacer. Reducing caster gives me more clearance and I could always trim that big nut if I had to

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/27/22 11:54 a.m.
loosecannon said:

In reply to Run_Away :

That is at full caster and a 1/4 inch camber spacer. Reducing caster gives me more clearance and I could always trim that big nut if I had to

You could probably get a reduced-thickness locknut for that LCA.  Most inch sizes come in Grade 8 thin.  Grind down the A-arm stud just a touch too, if needed.

Also, it looks like the cap-screw on the steering coupling might hit when rotated.  Did you verify clearance there?

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
11/27/22 12:05 p.m.
loosecannon said:

Remember that cool pass-thru. Made for the steering column? Today I found out that there is only a couple of thou clearance between it and the upper control arm bar-yikes! 

Could you convert the bolt head to a Torks style head to resolve that problem?

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
11/27/22 3:02 p.m.
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/27/22 4:42 p.m.

One of these solutions will work if it does land up fouling on the nut

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/4/22 1:03 p.m.

The rest of the suspension is installed! There were no instructions on how to mount the brakes so it took a few tries to get it right, and the surface where the axle seal rides on was powdercoated so all that had to be sanded off, but eventually I got it all done. Also, the heavy duty Strange aluminum center section was different than a typical For 9 inch so the torque arm bracket needed some modification. These are the risks you take when doing custom work. There's a video about the whole process Here

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/4/22 8:31 p.m.

this is at the house or the kart spdwy???

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/4/22 11:02 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

My garage, Pink is at the kart track

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/11/22 5:23 p.m.

I used thin nuts on the upper control arms and now there is no problem with clearance for the steering. I also have the doors installed and the electronic gas pedal is in, too. I should get my fenders back from epoxy priming tomorrow then I can start assembling the front end. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/14/22 11:14 p.m.

I chose to build a CAM-T car because the rules seemed to put the emphasis on the cars being street legal and that was good for me because I didn't want to build a dedicated race car that also happened to be street legal. I'm ok with putting a removable wickerbill on the rear spoiler and a moderate splitter on the front because they won't kill the look of the car but today the SCCA chose to allow wings in CAM-T. This is a mistake IMO but for me the worst part is that somebody will build a CAM-T with a giant wing and ground scraping splitter and nobody will be able to touch them. I'm not willing to put a wing on my car and therefore can not really compete against someone who has one. angry

JMcD
JMcD New Reader
12/17/22 10:18 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Seems like CAM-T is staying sans wings for the time being. I'd run one if it was allowed, but definitely prefer if we keep from going down that rabbit hole. Those who really want to play with aero can always run CAM-C instead. Downsides there are that it may result in losing those who would otherwise run CAM-T and makes bumping up to CAM-C if the T field is small a less competitive endeavor. 

It'll be interesting to see if pax for CAM-C and CAM-S get updated and by how much. That may change some minds in those classes :-). 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/17/22 6:11 p.m.

In reply to JMcD :

Yes, rules were just released and I'm thrilled that wings are not in CAM-T. It's interesting how they worded the rules for wings and diffusers. "For all classes EXCEPT CAM‐T, all off‐the‐shelf commercially available wings, splitters, air dams, and diffusers that are vehicle model specific and installed per the directions are permitted with the following exclusions: o There are no currently excluded products"

I bolted the fenders and grill in today, looks so good!!

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Bh7MxouysZyojTYDr6PyMYSBNiUc9hzBcWp9iafqCjiy8aZfC7jlyDgdMirZk9RF