1 ... 17 18 19
DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
5/16/24 6:26 a.m.

That is a work of art. 

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/16/24 8:48 a.m.

I made a video about the harness guide bar and show the carnage of the broken window Link to Video

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/22/24 11:48 p.m.

Last weekend was the first big local car show so I have been trying to get the car ready for its debut. The morning of the show I had it up on the lift and checked it all over-checked fasteners and fluid levels and looked for anything that could rub or melt on something else. Then I went for a short drive and it was a bit of a disaster. The trans would pop out of 2nd,4th and 6th gear, the clutch pedal went hard and would not move, making shifting impossible. I had to switch the car off at lights and start in gear to get home. After a bunch of diagnosis, I could see that the threaded collar of the hydraulic throwout bearing had spun itself in. The throwout bearing then went to full max extension and would go no further and there was no pressure from the pressure plate to force the fluid back into the master cylinder. I could not fix this without removing the trans so I simply made and aluminum pickle fork the right thickness and stuck it through the access hole and bolted it in place-works like a charm until I can remove the trans. Then we drove to the show and the power steering started to make noise and as we drove very slowly through the throngs of people at the car show, it spit power steering fluid out the resevoir and onto the header-smoke ensued. Despite all this, the car was the belle of the ball. I swear everybody at that show came by to see this car none of them had ever seen before and there was nothing but positives shown to us the whole time. Many, many questions were asked, pictures taken and I even started it up and gave them a few revs. I filled the power steering up before the drive home but it was empty as we turned up the back alley. One of the factory hard lines (not one I made) had failed and I trip to the local hydraulic store got me fixed up with something that would work. I went for a longish drive tonight and had no issues. Oh yeh, the shifting problem turned out to be the rubber shift boot I have, it put enough resistance in the lever to kick the car out of gear. The car feels way faster than the Pink Panther but the HP/weight ratio numbers say that is impossible.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
5/23/24 9:20 a.m.

Bravo !! Love the license plate.

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
5/28/24 9:41 p.m.

I made a video about the front splitter and getting the flush mounted glass installed Splitter and glass install video

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
6/19/24 11:55 p.m.

I spent 3 hours installing the driver side door glass and am happy about that except I discovered that the regulator gears are stripped and it won't go all the way to the top without some assistance

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/20/24 8:53 a.m.

Door assemblies are the hardest part of any restoration. Everything from gaps to latching to window fit and operation is going to keep you up at night and probably never be done 100% to your satisfaction.

Also very rewarding when you do get it right. 

Never been happy with any of the manual aftermarket window regulators that I have tried. I know it is late in the game, but other than the originality thing, for a resto-mod, I would be tempted to convert to electric.

Pete

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
6/20/24 8:59 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I'll be happy when the doors are the only thing I need to worry about on the Towpar...

1 ... 17 18 19

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r8oVtHftlz540g2k6pIYOUPfcU6yTsytsRL3IqXKgI6O6FUGxzVZzqazpO1qosqj