Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/21 5:05 p.m.

Cool build.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/21 5:22 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

This is fascinating.

Agreed. Reading with interest. Modern dajiban?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
4/13/21 8:13 a.m.
LostInTransit said:

We've contacted several aftermarket seat cover and seat frame manufactures, even one or two handicapped seat installers and all have decline to offer us support. I was beginning to see a trend here.. No one has ever really taken a Transit Connect and made some of it. Somethings on the drawing board will need to wait.

Probably afraid of side air bags. If side air bags aren't a concern, you can probably did something like what I did with the stock seat sliders, a bit of angle iron, a drill, and the aftermarket seat of your choice:

CaprockFabShop
CaprockFabShop New Reader
4/13/21 11:09 a.m.

Stick with it man! I ran into similar headaches trying to find parts for Nissan minitrucks. If the aftermarket doesn't support it, I guess it's time for someone to step up and fill that void. I looked seriously at getting one of the Ford or Ram transit vans last summer but the lack of performance upgrades left me walking away. Maybe one day I can have a lowered micro-van. ;)

~Peter

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/13/21 11:51 a.m.

Is an upholstery shop a potential solution for the seats? Many years ago my uncle got a shop to remodel the seats in a brand new Aerostar, this was due to my aunt's back problems.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/21 2:02 p.m.

This thread sure sent me down the rabbit hole. Love what you're doing. I got to wondering how much of an RS you could stuff under a connect passenger...

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/21 3:07 p.m.

In reply to bluej (Forum Supporter) :

Or even how much of "just" an ST. I'm hoping for shades of Supervan here.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/21 4:43 p.m.

Or even roll your own with any of the available duratec/mzr turbo options. I definitely haven't been checking used prices..

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
4/21/21 6:22 a.m.

What happened here?   Thread seems to have disappeared?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/21/21 9:33 a.m.

If this is the same user that emailed me, they said they'd deleted the thread because people were replying to it, and they'd rather not have that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

demnted
demnted New Reader
4/21/21 10:20 a.m.

WUT??!

Was an outta the crate project, was wanting to see those results....

LostInTransit
LostInTransit New Reader
4/21/21 10:32 a.m.

demnted

I'd love to continue this build but on one stipulation, please do not interrupt the flow of my post with nonsense comments. If you have a question about what we're doing then ask it.. but simple nonsenses unwanted comments is not welcome in "My Build" So unless members can play by my rules on my build, I'll have to discontinue it.

I have a simple request, you can read it, thumbs up or down it but leave your comments at the door. If we're in agreement, then all those who's commented in this thread need to delete their comments or I'll have to create a new thread with the stipulation that anyone reading leaves their comments at the door.

cfvwtuner
cfvwtuner New Reader
4/21/21 12:10 p.m.

At least he's very friendly.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/21 12:16 p.m.

I'm happy to delete my expression of interest in your build... BUT this here is a message board. It's supposed to be interactive.

If you want to write a blog and lock commenters out, that's your prerogative- but GRM is a great place to share, to make fun of and to watch in awe. I encourage you to keep sharing your build and enjoy the distractions.

It wouldn't be GRM without a thread-Jack every couple pages. 

LostInTransit
LostInTransit New Reader
4/21/21 12:24 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

I'm happy to delete my expression of interest in your build... BUT this here is a message board. It's supposed to be interactive.

If you want to write a blog and lock commenters out, that's your prerogative- but GRM is a great place to share, to make fun of and to watch in awe. I encourage you to keep sharing your build and enjoy the distractions.

It wouldn't be GRM without a thread-Jack every couple pages. 

My Thread, My rules no exception. very well, then I'll be leaving the forum. Shame too really, This Fri ordering several yards of the black carbon fiber diamond tuck material to start working on the blank panels inside the van till we get the "all clear" from Western North Carolina.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
4/21/21 12:45 p.m.

Wow, what has the world come to.  This by far the best car forum on the net.

Good Luck!

Maybe just store your pictures and videos on your PC for you to enjoy with yourself.  Clearly you are a master of your trade and any external influence would just cloud your vision.  

Personally I liked to hear that my car has nice wheels but a stupid body kit, agree or not it's nice to know that someone cares enough to let me know their opinion.  

Do you also only listed to or watch one brand of news that only props up your views.

Oops this should probably go in the daily rant thread.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
4/21/21 12:52 p.m.
LostInTransit said:
My Thread, My rules no exception. very well, then I'll be leaving the forum.

Wow, what a wonderful attitude!   

Lighten up, Francis.  

wae
wae UberDork
4/21/21 1:10 p.m.

Er....  Uh....  Uhm.  I think one of us is confused.  I hope it's not me, but I'm not sure anymore.

For the record, I was quite enjoying the journey.  It's fun to build things into things that the people that made things never thought their things could be! 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/21 1:59 p.m.
Stampie said:

Cool build.

I take this back. No longer interested. 

alfadriver
alfadriver GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/21 3:35 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I came today to check the progress, and find that the owner does not want to see people comment.  Ok, fine.  Don't post then.  

I really wanted to be interested, and even have input since I have done some actual work on them- mostly emissions work, but I've done a lot of testing.  But that input isn't welcome, awesome. 

Ok- too bad.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/21/21 3:55 p.m.
Stampie said:
Stampie said:

Cool build.

I take this back. No longer interested. 

Way to ruin an interesting thread with a compliment. There's no take-backsies when you say something nice. 

JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
4/21/21 4:06 p.m.

Having people comment and share input is basically the entire point of a forum, isn't it? I know that's what keeps me coming back. I love when people comment on my stuff.

Whatever. Bye. 

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
4/21/21 4:14 p.m.

This whole thing is so weird. All the parts of the build where the OP was calling vendors for support and nobody would help for their specific vehicle. What is up with that? You want something, you figure it out and determine what works. I stopped waiting for a vendor to solve my challenges before I left high school. I was so confused by that part. Anyway, sad to see this one go, because I thought it was a neat project. I'll go add my banal comments to other people's posts, I guess. 

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
4/21/21 4:21 p.m.

I was actually intrigued by this thread.  My trusty Mazda 3 may need replacing soon, and the thought of a Transit Connect hadn't even crossed my mind.  But once seeing the thread my mind began to wander (or rather I started searching the local ads for one), and had the idea of doing one up in either of the business colours/signage of two of the former companies that were once in the family:

or 

Oh well, my advice to the OP is if you don't want comments then maybe set up a personal website for your blog.  I for one really enjoy reading comments on my build logs, whether they're constructive or just banter.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
4/21/21 5:29 p.m.

I bet this person is a lot of fun at parties. 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
c7OcLsA3LTxjBiHOhF6CsbTTbeOhGNnzy8MH3luclzTr5D4oFwOyQBPwyiR08LGp