1 2
bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/21/21 6:02 p.m.

While I don't get, or agree with LostInTransit's perspective on forum build threads, it seemed he came here with the intention of sharing something we'd like to hear about. We also don't know what all else is happening in LostInTransit's life right now. Let's just keep that in mind.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
4/21/21 9:34 p.m.

Good point.  It can't be that easy to go through life with that big a stick up your ass 

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/22/21 8:22 a.m.

This is an interesting case of someone finding the right audience but having no idea how to interact with said audience.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
4/22/21 12:20 p.m.

Bump for updates? Too soon? 

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
4/22/21 6:42 p.m.

So the thread title is kinda apropos?

Question: Will we be keeping this alive, like the Ignore thread?

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
4/22/21 6:59 p.m.

Maybe Lost in Transit will come around.  I’m afraid there’s a lot more to their story than we’re ever going to know so tough to be too judgmental. I thought it was an interesting thread and was following along.  

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
4/22/21 7:08 p.m.

Well.....   That escalated quickly....

Lolzers.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/21 7:09 p.m.

When I saw that this new thread title was the same as the poster's screen name, I just breezed on by. But once it got to two pages, I figured that I was missing something. I guess I must have been, but I'm not sure what it was, or if I'm even disappointed. 

Clearly, it was someone's First Day here. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/21 7:10 p.m.

And Sonic wins the thread. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
4/22/21 7:47 p.m.

Man, what happened here? What was the build?? It must've been cool.

Is this going to be like the "can we not hotlink thread" - except - "ye shall not comment on me build thread!" 

For the record please comment on my build threads, it gets lonely when no one interacts....

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/21 7:50 p.m.

Less Lost in Transit, more like Lost in Translation. 

Too bad. Pretty sure we will be building this thread into something really not worth reading. Should be fun for a few days though. 

Oh, and in case nobody noticed, we don't really do "rules" very well. Just ask the lady of the house. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/22/21 9:21 p.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

Less Lost in Transit, more Lost in Translation. 

Oh, and in case nobody noticed, we don't really do "rules" very well. Just ask the lady of the house. 

Amen to that.

Margie

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/22/21 9:22 p.m.
LostInTransit said:

I have a simple request, you can read it, thumbs up or down it

As requested, thumbs downs deployed.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/21 5:10 a.m.
accordionfolder said:

For the record please comment on my build threads, it gets lonely when no one interacts....

QFT

Toyman01 + Sized and
4/23/21 5:13 a.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:
accordionfolder said:

QFT

Quoted again. 

Some indication of interest is appreciated otherwise I feel like I'm sitting in a corner somewhere mumbling to myself. 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
4/23/21 5:43 a.m.

What ever No Comment was building must have been cool, we are still talking about it even with out updates.

At this point it deserves a new thread, this one derailed.  New thread for updates, this one for comments, it's the new format.

Toyman01 + Sized and
4/23/21 6:07 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I didn't see what he was building and at this point I could not care less. 

People with that attitude have no place here. Any ridicule they receive is deserved. 

If he starts a new thread you can be damn sure I'll try to be the first to post some inane comment. Perhaps about the color of the sky and how it reflects off his windshield. 

Maybe he should try a blog or one of those videos where he can talk about himself for hours. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/21 7:27 a.m.

I have a feeling that he was using the forum format to try and drum up donations or support for his project, what with the calling vendors and no vendors willing to work with him comments. 

It was sure to be an interesting story about turning aminivan into a camper, with a fairly decent writing style. But, not now. Not with the way he went completely out there. No odea what that was about,  and in the vaccum of no explanation or discussion, cant really care. We are left to our own interpretation of his/her reasoning. 

That being said, i LOVE commentary on my buold threads and random posts. Helps me see the world/problem/project/idea from a different angle. And here, that angle carries experience and wisdom. That angle should be considered as a valuable input. 

Thank you all for being my homies. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
4/23/21 7:30 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

Agreed. I post to GRM because clever people will help me when I'm working through something and are interested in the silly things I do, I think most of us are the same in that even with some disagreeing here and there.... If he wants a blog, he should just make a blog? Kinda crazy to come on a message board and tell everyone to shut up and sit tight.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
9F4XaYPyGJKMsIKA1K241YD2p01RQKhVkbvly9tGckXvxnnVaABLtL3YUaN6LYBI