1 2 3 4
singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
7/8/13 1:55 p.m.
vazbmw wrote: I actually purchase the weld up header kit for $89...you could not beat the price. Raw bends and lengths would have cost more.

Link??

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/8/13 2:57 p.m.

LinkHeader kit

singleslammer wrote:

vazbmw wrote: I actually purchase the weld up header kit for $89...you could not beat the price. Raw bends and lengths would have cost more.

Link??

Link to header kit?

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/9/13 10:26 a.m.

Awesome. Love a V8 wagon.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/9/13 3:33 p.m.

Thanks! I am getting close to being done...I think LOL

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/9/13 3:39 p.m.

I think this is awesome. But, I have a question.... Why? what is the benefit of the el es jaun over the BMW engine?

Thanks!

Rob R.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/10/13 6:50 p.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: I think this is awesome. But, I have a question.... Why? what is the benefit of the el es jaun over the BMW engine? Thanks! Rob R.

Rob R, Thanks for the question...you won't believe all the facts because they are too good to be true -- but they are: 1. LS1 + 460le = the price to fix my BMW trans 2. About 100+ hp more and same with torque can be upgraded to about 450-500hp if I wanted to 3. Better fuel economy

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
7/10/13 10:02 p.m.

In reply to vazbmw:

Cool! Never seen that before.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/11/13 9:25 a.m.

Sweet! Thanks for clarifying!

good luck!

Rob R.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/14/13 11:46 a.m.

Filter/regulator and fittings

Created a little mount for filter and regulator where the stock BMW dual fuel filters used to live.

Get the tran's/engine's marriage back together single-handedly was fun to say the least.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/16/13 10:43 p.m.

Folks, I thought this might be helpful since it made short work of removing my center support bearing.

Tools: [LIST] []Monkey wrench -- keeps the u-joint from turning []Box wrench []Piece of pipe or tubing the will fit nicely over the box wrench end []Piece of flat bar steel -- to help hold the box wrench onto the bold [*]2 x 4's to help keep the monkey wrench perpendicular to the ground [/LIST]

Set things up like this

I was able to remove the bolt in about 2 minutes.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
7/17/13 11:52 a.m.

I am stealing your idea for the dowel/wire thing......thats a great idea.

Also, is that M60 still good? You could probably break close to even on all of this if it is.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/21/13 11:29 a.m.
yamaha wrote: I am stealing your idea for the dowel/wire thing......thats a great idea. Also, is that M60 still good? You could probably break close to even on all of this if it is.

The M60 is still good. The trans needs work. Yes try the dowel/hanger wire idea. It really helped a lot. Initially I thought I could not fit headers in the space. That little mock up tool allowed me to see how to route things.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/21/13 11:30 a.m.

Fuse box. It took me a long time to figure out how to remove it to get to the wiring.

What's behind the fuse box.

Now to get to the fuel pump relay.

Fuel pump relay.

Next up. Tackling this wiring mess.

nokincy
nokincy New Reader
7/21/13 11:44 a.m.

Awesome!

nokincy
nokincy New Reader
7/21/13 11:47 a.m.

You may already have this, but here's my contribution. It's the ETM for your car (and a bunch of other bimmers). Just scroll down until you find the file for your year and model.

http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/21/13 12:06 p.m.

Wow nokincy, You are my hero. Thank you very much.

nokincy wrote: You may already have this, but here's my contribution. It's the ETM for your car (and a bunch of other bimmers). Just scroll down until you find the file for your year and model. http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm
nokincy
nokincy New Reader
7/21/13 11:23 p.m.

^Welcome. Good luck with the wiring man!

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
7/22/13 5:45 a.m.
vazbmw wrote: Next up. Tackling this wiring mess.

AHHH!!

Did you just cry after seeing it like this? I am not sure I'd approach it alone.

Good luck. I am sure it's not as scary as it looks.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/22/13 9:50 a.m.

LOL. It's not as bad as it looks. All the wires have been label, so it is just a connecting job now. Surprisingly, the biggest issue I am facing with this was to place the stand alone fuse box, and where to place the GM PCM.

It is a matter of making a decision that won't leave the relay box exposed to elements, and placing the PCM somewhere that I don't have to add length to 50,000 wires.

tuna55 wrote:
vazbmw wrote: Next up. Tackling this wiring mess.
AHHH!! Did you just cry after seeing it like this? I am not sure I'd approach it alone. Good luck. I am sure it's not as scary as it looks.
mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
7/22/13 10:03 a.m.

That basket of snakes scares the piss out of me.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
7/22/13 10:10 a.m.

^I'm with stupid.

I have a small pee stain on my jeans at the moment.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/22/13 2:50 p.m.

LOL. The secret is to deal with each snake (circuit) individually. Ignore the whole.

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/26/13 11:58 p.m.

Time to adapt

I am still in the wonderful world of wiring

jakeb
jakeb Reader
7/27/13 3:13 p.m.

The wonderful world of wiring can last for weeks sometimes...

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
7/27/13 9:29 p.m.

Oh it has already. Before I started physically swapping parts I matched up wiring. Then later I soldier the wires I could, now I matching up BMW wiring to GM wiring. It is a rabbit hole alright, but I see the light...wait I think that's a train

jakeb wrote: The wonderful world of wiring can last for weeks sometimes...
1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JUIGAXzPlRLLdw4EbpuPa5x9vp9tccm5HmwDkKm4ymIwYG3Cc8v52XvjSFqPSBGd