N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
9/29/18 9:19 p.m.

Welp. This is my first Honda. 96 EX Coupe. Picked it up for $5700 locally. Price seems a bit high but whatever. No rust and it's clean with a new paintjob. Not perfect but It's my new daily so I don't care too much. Sorry for the bad pics. Going to wash it again soon.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
9/29/18 9:24 p.m.

Already purchased some maintenance Items. Royal Purple oil filter and HPS 5W30 oil for both the engine and gearbox. I also bought some Skunk2 Magnectic drain plugs for said components. Also other misc items that will need to be serviced in due time. The car came with K sport coilovers at stock height and crappy Focal wheels with Tigerpaw all seasons. This car handles like a nun holding a mattress But it appears that the balljoints are worn and making noise when braking and turning. I will rebuild the ENTIRE suspension and take it to it's first Autocross.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
10/5/18 5:49 p.m.

Ordered new valve stem seals and LMA Springs. Previous owner said he already did the timing belt but not the water pump due to the pristine condition of the engine.......

The engine that made me purchase this car.

1998 Honda Integra Type R B18C and matching transaxle. True JDM Goodness, 11:1 compression, 4.7 Final drive....ect. I love this engine and will keep it mostly stock as it's more than I wanted.

Engine runs strong but smokes a tad when on V-TEC. Will be replacing valve stem seals and installing a catch can to alleviate the excess crank case pressure at high RPM. Will also do the timing belt and water pump plus other things at the same time. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/5/18 7:20 p.m.

Like a nun holding a mattress!

Thats funny. Don't care who you are. 

BrianC72gt
BrianC72gt GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/6/18 4:55 p.m.

I re-built an engine with that head and a B20 bottom with high comp pistons from Puerto Rico a dozen years ago.  Catch can was a necessity.  Go figure.  All motor goodness was a snappy little screamer.

"Lukewarm" - the internal temperature of a Ton-ton.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
11/21/18 1:28 p.m.

More parts arriving. Moroso kick out oil pan. DC Sports Ceramic header. Misc maintenance parts. Mishimoto X-line Radiator, Mishimoto Coolant Hoses, Mishimoto Slim Fan kit, Mishimoto Oil cooler, Mishimoto Weighed shift knob, Mishimoto/Rockstar Coolant expansion tank, Mishimoto thermostat and Mishimoto Fan switch. 

Plus a lanyard :p

Have to Find time to do all at once and do the Maintenance plus Cylinder Head freshening. Plus installing my new distributor to cure the hard start this car has.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
11/21/18 3:47 p.m.

Looks really good - they are all returning to the earth up north so nice to see one alive and kicking.  

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
11/21/18 4:35 p.m.

Yeah. I've always enjoyed the B series engine from afar. And to have the Best (arguably) Stock B series straight from Japan makes it special for me.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/18/18 6:12 a.m.

More updates. Replaced this ebay Cone filter with a K&N unit as you can see the filter material has turned into a possible lead based Chinese powder. I didn't want my pwecious Type R engine to suck this up.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/18/18 6:16 a.m.

I also installed most of my cooling upgrades. Oil cooler is on backorder. New Moroso oil pan and DC Sports Ceramic header installed as well.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/18/18 6:18 a.m.

Also installed my fender braces. Made the front end more solid over bumpy roads. Plus they were affordable.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
12/18/18 7:13 a.m.

As the owner of a much more humble Civic coupe than yours, I dig watching what you're doing here. 

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/18/18 7:19 a.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie :

I appreciate it. Yours will turn out cleaner than mine lol.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
12/18/18 9:40 a.m.

The objective of mine is to get dirty!!

Mine is a 2000 Civic Si - US model, sold as Civic SiR up here.

It has a JDM B16A and LSD swapped in. 

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/18/18 9:45 a.m.
NGTD said:

The objective of mine is to get dirty!!

Mine is a 2000 Civic Si - US model, sold as Civic SiR up here.

It has a JDM B16A and LSD swapped in. 

Nice rally spec. Take care of the underbody and make sure to brace it properly. 

I have a new ultra racing full underbody brace on the way.

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
12/18/18 9:48 a.m.

I may have to join in on the Civic build page theme.  I picked up a B16 swapped 98 hatchback last spring.  I hadn't seen this build until today.  Looks good!

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/18/18 10:28 a.m.

It's quite a handful. Especially with no rear sway bar lol

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/18/18 11:50 a.m.

Clean car, price seems right for the condition and the powertrain! enjoy it man! 

I like the direction of the project! 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
12/18/18 11:53 a.m.

Dang it... Wish I found this sooner. Let me know if you're interested in a pristine S2000 steering wheel. Direct swap on the Civic and a nice upgrade over stock that keeps an airbag in front of you if you're into that kind of thing. 

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/18/18 11:54 a.m.
spacecadet said:

Clean car, price seems right for the condition and the powertrain! enjoy it man! 

I like the direction of the project! 

Slow and arduous process. I'm piecing together parts for the timing belt service and Valve Stem replacements.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
12/18/18 11:57 a.m.
clutchsmoke said:

Dang it... Wish I found this sooner. Let me know if you're interested in a pristine S2000 steering wheel. Direct swap on the Civic and a nice upgrade over stock that keeps an airbag in front of you if you're into that kind of thing. 

PM me the price. I'm looking for a MOMO steering wheel. Either the aftermarket monte carlo or a EDM Accord Type R with an EK9 Airbag. S2000 seems like a popular choice too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VzY7yWD77z06eHWPhSaQSi78KmpdZ1kEQSLzJIc2xIJhgpBxLUmXstepWF05VtgT