1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/9/22 11:51 a.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

Way better than any other self learn tbi setup ive done. Really a well thought out kit, fairly immune to emi. Self learn seems to be quick enough. Had to sort out a mislabeled/mispinned connector that was causing some errors and issues. The touch screen is irritating though, but i have fat fingers. 

Beyond cool, keep up the progress. 

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
6/10/22 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Thanks for the response on this. I've been pondering the swap for my bone stock '71 Ranger pickup, but it doesn't run bad enough to warrant the swap yet. 

Back on topic, I am loving this Nascar build! 

Dusterbd13-michael
6/11/22 12:56 p.m.

For$600 he threw in the front fenders, bumper, hood and grille for a 70-72 front end, left the k frame with manual steering box and discs, a grant steering wheel, fuel cell,etc 

Neat guy! 

Im also able to store it there until i am ready for it

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/11/22 1:05 p.m.

That is going to look so cool!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/11/22 1:08 p.m.

Yusss!

Dusterbd13-michael
6/11/22 8:00 p.m.

rear ends apart. 

Not a lot salvageable, but enough! Shocks are bent garbage, rotors are thin(i think), bushings in the truck arms are junk. 

It'll get freshened and put back together. I got shocks today (10 shocks for $20!)

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/11/22 8:19 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

For$600 he threw in the front fenders, bumper, hood and grille for a 70-72 front end, left the k frame with manual steering box and discs, a grant steering wheel, fuel cell,etc 

Neat guy! 

Im also able to store it there until i am ready for it

Sweet!  

So, will the goal be for body work and glamorous paint or shooting for a more "as-is" Nascarlo look?

Dusterbd13-michael
6/11/22 8:24 p.m.

Umm...

Good question! Probably start at as is, and end with krylon. It'll never be nice, just race car pretty. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
6/12/22 6:59 a.m.

This is excellent!  Great deal on the body...watching with great interest!

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/12/22 8:47 a.m.

Sweet!

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/12/22 9:51 a.m.

Nice score. This is gonna look great and I love your vision for it. "340"...hmm...as in km/hr? devil

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/12/22 10:36 a.m.

Does the Duster body have a title?

Dusterbd13-michael
6/12/22 11:14 a.m.

Unfortunately it does not. However, it turns out that the vin is there, and a bonded title may be feasible. Step at a time, but when i get it back to the house ill start the process. I want it "street legal"

And 340kmh is 211mph. Not sure that a stock 5.3, four speed, and 2.76 gear would get me there, but by god I'm willing to try!!

Dusterbd13-michael
6/12/22 1:52 p.m.

Fo my future reference: hubs are speedway engineering super speedway hubs. Non lightweight. 

So far the drivers side stuff has cleaned up beautiful. Except one grease seal in junk. 

Passengers side is soaking in tbe parts washer. Internally its a bit different. My assumption is for it to be more robust for lefthand turns. 

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
6/12/22 4:08 p.m.

Nice body score Michael!   I spotted a 67-69 Barracuda hard top on a ride this weekend.  Back from the road and been there awhile.  Im keeping an eye on that and the first gen Barracuda I spotted last year while on a ride.  

Dusterbd13-michael
6/13/22 7:36 p.m.

there's something wrong with me. 

Im on my back, scrubbing the underside of the chassis with superclean and a scotchbrite pad, and then repainting with white rustoleum. 

This is a perfectly normal thing for a new race car build, right? I figure i can touch up as i go after the majority is done. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
6/13/22 9:55 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Looks awesome. I find the cleaning process to be cathartic. Well done. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/13/22 10:02 p.m.

Yo MDb13 "It'll never be nice, just race car purty Y'all"  and that's what counts....OHY!!!  

Dusterbd13-michael
6/14/22 7:39 a.m.

To 

perfect? No.

Less nasty and discolored and rusty? Yep.

Good enough for a race car. 

Clean.  Makes things easier to work on.  So, knowing you have the jitters to get things done, what's your next steps?  

Lovin' this project.

Dusterbd13-michael
6/14/22 9:03 a.m.

In reply to Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) :

Next is rebuild rear axle and suspension, reinstall. That allows me to get it to dads shop and welder

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/14/22 9:50 a.m.

That shell looks perfect for a Mopar guy. Please tell me you're doing an AAR theme with the flat black stripes. pleasepleaseplease

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/14/22 10:15 a.m.

Keep up the good work. 

Dusterbd13-michael
6/14/22 10:28 a.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

No idea yet. I k ow i want, at some point, to do the 71 340 blackout treatment and hood callout. Probably with a green. 

Honestly, i fully intend to play woth colors and styles with krylon. 

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D04HVW3ZorpycLblu8ZRmeww9QTXxC7E93Zv9B31ebQNeAIfDLorKO8tLnRxdCbG