1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 93
sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/2/19 8:41 a.m.

Considering how much you’ve done, and how non-stock this thing is... that’s pretty incredible!

How long’s the legal-pad list?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/2/19 9:25 a.m.

So, i run last. Maybe the course will be dry and warm by then.

Limitedtimeonly is here!

Dusterbd13-michael
3/2/19 9:27 a.m.

Hasn't been started yet, sleepyhead. Few more hours of waiting....

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
3/2/19 9:33 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

race mode engaged!

Not dfl, not broke. Thats the goal today.

I didn't know there was an SCCA STD class.... Sounds like the fun would be contagious.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/2/19 10:11 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

race mode engaged!

Not dfl, not broke. Thats the goal today.

I didn't know there was an SCCA STD class.... Sounds like the fun would be contagious.

Hmmm...A contagious STD class.  They teach that in high school, don't they?

Best of luck out there Duster.  Have some fun, hope the shake down goes according to plan.

Dusterbd13-michael
3/2/19 5:15 p.m.

So, we have ignition/breakup issues with the maf connected, but wont idle with it disconnected. 

Very, very loose. Much faster and more controllable in third.

Looks like hammered ass crack

Cant get heat in tires yet

Gauges are useless unless in grid

Needs a top/shade/etc

Holy berkeley its a lot more car than i can handle. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/2/19 6:00 p.m.

Hell yeah, one autocross down! Looks like you accomplished your goals for the day. 

Dusterbd13-michael
3/2/19 8:11 p.m.

I did!

The biggest issues are the engine management side, and the loose nut behind the wheel. Otherwise, its ready for another day of autocross! Gad a ball, and picked up 22 seconds over 4 runs (granted 15 of those were because tge car would actually RUN past idle and 1/4 throttle, but still.....)

And livery has been finalized. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/19 8:26 p.m.

You have a “tuned” pcm correct?  My vote would be take the one you got from me and plug it in with a temporary vats bypass module until it can be tuned out.  Or if it works just keep it 

LimitedTimeOnly
LimitedTimeOnly New Reader
3/3/19 7:44 p.m.

Hopefully you'll improve the nut behind the wheel with more time on course. I hope that you can make both days of the 2 day event in April, that should help a lot. If you haven't figured out a top by then, I still say that a golf umbrella will do a lot for you.

Did you get to Pull-a-Part today for another MAF sensor?

As discussed, aero might help with how loose the back end was, but with warmer temperatures as summer arrives you may find enough grip in those tires. Possible inspiration (this was the one on the trailer that I was pointing to):

Image may contain: car and outdoor

LimitedTimeOnly
3/3/19 7:46 p.m.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the passenger side door card needs to be secured a little more firmly. :)

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/3/19 8:17 p.m.

I have the fsm for a 97 plus Chevy venture.  Let me see what it says for testing the maf.   Hopefully you can test it instead of throwing parts at it.

I'm travelling to sc for an interview tomorrow so it might be a bit before I can look it up.

LimitedTimeOnly
3/3/19 9:23 p.m.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

The car in action.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/4/19 5:38 a.m.

for amount of turn in the front tires , it looks nice and flat,

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/4/19 5:44 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

I had the same thought

seems like a manageable list, congratulations!

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/4/19 5:55 a.m.

Is it on the springs?

Dusterbd13-michael
3/4/19 6:29 a.m.

In reply to LimitedTimeOnly :

I did not get to pullapart yet. Hopefully thursday. Loading the parts cannon isn't optimal, but it may come down to that. Also, thanks for the instructor time, social time, and staying all day just for me. Im going to try for april, but we're going to have to wait and see about life.

Gtx: it seems like i need more front spring. I dont believe we hit the bumpstops, and it seemed nice and flat. Im going to try taking a coil or two out with rubbers and see if i like it better.

Rob: that would be great! I may have to break down and buy a pdf fsm though for diagnostic tests. It also seemed like rev limiter came earlier than it should. Pulled strong the whole way to the rev limiter and still seemed to be making good power when it got shut down.

Sleepyhead: its an impressively short list. I really like it. I didnt add cleaning the car up to it though .it looks ROUGH.

LimitedTimeOnly
3/4/19 7:28 a.m.
GTXVette said:

That photo was taken in a transition location where he was just starting to turn left after coming out of a sweeping right. But it generally did feel pretty flat.

Dusterbd13-michael
3/4/19 8:59 a.m.

Ill agree with flat. But not as telepathic steering as i would prefer. Thats why im thinking more front spring. It may also help balance the car better, and help me lay down the power. But, it could have als been cold tires.

Too many questions, not enough testing. Step one is clean up. Step two is running properly. Step three is retest.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/4/19 9:51 a.m.

If By More You Mean Stiffer remember a Longer spring of the Same Rating will become Stiffer when Compressed as it travels in Bump,with it the same ride height / spring compressed . it also won't feel 'Hard' like a short stiff spring

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/8/19 1:12 p.m.

Been a while, any updates?

Dusterbd13-michael
4/8/19 1:32 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Nope. Not really. Its become a shelf while ive built a neon, broke the truck, etc. Its on the short list after truck repair and shop cleaning. Need to fix it and run it again. A few times. And get it painted. And.....

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/8/19 1:46 p.m.

I feel ya! I've got two miatas now, so I'm naturally tossing around the idea of swapping one. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/8/19 1:48 p.m.

Well, i lied. Theres one thing weve done. Made a plywood lip around the package tray and got a fleece blanket. Making a hardtop. 

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
4/9/19 5:54 a.m.

Man don;t worry about no Testing, just Show up ,hehehe.

Let's see now .... Untested cars Blow up,   Tested Cars run 9's

Has too be a place in the Middle ....NOT.

1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NwpQG31F5bXPaGVjFtuVk8Yi8F4JLSUkGuiqJDBs99qgrdWfQ0bP1DNIzUYetJS7