1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 93
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/21/19 10:00 a.m.

In reply to Crackers :

Just did that with every easily accessible sensor to confirm. The answer is yes. Also the sensors that should have a clear return to ground and 12 volt have those properly as well.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/21/19 2:16 p.m.

Drove it to the gas station. 10.25 gallons of gas later, the gauge reads full. So, im guessing its accurate! Said dead nuts empty when i pulled in

The computer failed to fire the relaus again when i went to leave. The main relay for the ecm clicked with the key. Opened the passengers doo to check what was getting power/ground, and the ecm fired up the fuel pump/cel/etc. So, could be wiring, could be a faulty relay, could be ecu. More testing....

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/21/19 2:40 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

The redneck in me says just open the passenger door every time you have the issue. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/21/19 2:42 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

The builder in me thinks the two are related somehow. I just cant see it, as tgeres no way it can be other than vibration.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
4/21/19 3:40 p.m.

If it behaves like it is possessed, it is a ground issue.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/19 3:46 p.m.

Yep.  Ground issue for sure.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/19 3:47 p.m.

We noticed on my swap that the grounds need to be connected from source straight through battery with lots of daisy chaining!

Dusterbd13-michael
4/28/19 9:44 a.m.

got the bent hood pretty close this morning. Was up in the middle on the side almost a half inch. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/5/19 8:53 a.m.

Dad and i are chipping away at the drivability issues and body work. Grabbed a known good maf yesterday, and chased all the maf wiring. Well see today if the different maf cures that part. Were also going to try the torch test on the oxygen sensor. I THINK its too far back in the exhaust to read, due to the exhaust cooling before it gets there.....

Dusterbd13-michael
5/5/19 9:47 a.m.

Found the intermittent electrical fault. Bad splice inder the passengers side kick panel. Which explains why opening the door fixed it.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/5/19 10:46 a.m.

Test drive done with new/used maf. Same as the maf with a wire broken (didn't see that before now) inside, just all in one piece from an impala with a bad trans.

Damn thing seems FIXED. Still no oxygen sensor working, but much improved throttle response, no more light switch feeling to the power curve, more power via butt dyno, IDLES, no more bog/hesitation, etc. Honestly feels like another 500rpm to rev limiter as well!

Wondering if the time/effort of sorting out the oxygen sensor is worth it at tjis point. 

We're working on findingthe next autocross for testing. 

Time to hit this thing HARD. October is getting awfully close. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/19 1:20 p.m.

Dude, October is like 10 months from now.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/5/19 2:21 p.m.

5 months. To test, sort, fine tune, paint, livery, and detailit.  Gonna be tight.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/5/19 3:41 p.m.

Wow that's way too close. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/5/19 3:53 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Amen. Waaaay too much to do before then.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/5/19 6:09 p.m.

Ollies is a great resource that is fantastically bad for me.

Went for wiper blades ($3 each!)

Left with right at $75 in stuff.

Including valspar hunter green (4.99 qt) and duplicolor candy green topcoat (7.99 qt)

I doubt i will be able to topcoat the valspar oil based/mineral spirit/hardener combo with the laquer based candy. But by god, im gonna try!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/19 6:43 p.m.

My paint came from Ollie’s, as did the red and blue for the datsun in 2017.  

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/5/19 7:39 p.m.

Here in Indy, We don't have any of these "Ollies" of which you speak. What type of store is it?

BTW, great score on the paint.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/5/19 8:26 p.m.

Ollies is odd. It seems to be leftovers, damaged, etc. Never the same stuff twice except socks and wiper blades. 

Its like an indoor flea market of new stuff with a casheir. Snd about as organized. 

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/6/19 10:16 a.m.

When Walmart, and Target, Dollar General , and  other like them can't sell something before phasing it out, Ollies buys it in bulk, cheap. It's all new in box, just out of season and/or style. And all very cheap. Like Michael said, dangerous to the wallet if you're not careful.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/6/19 12:12 p.m.

Building a hardtop is not mission critical. 

However, thats the plan for this week (at least the very top most part and frame)

We're trying to get schedulescoordinated for anotuer autocross on the 18th.

My shop needs cleaned, and the county isnt happy with the scrap metal all over the property. 

Cars ready for the autocross except fluid checks and some nut and bolts/reassembly. So I'vegot that going for me. Which is nice. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/6/19 2:55 p.m.

God smiles on fools. 

A while back, i had found a Facebook marketplace ad for 22x8x15 micky Thompson wrinkle wall drag slicks. I drove 2 hours to the seller, who had a bunch of broken hondas, chained up pitbulls, and a should be condemned single wide. He also had track marks, and it started snowing. I bought the slicks for $30, and a really rough pair of honda aluminium 15 inch wheels for 4.36

The hinda wheels had hoosier circle track slicks mounted, de-beaded, and were full of water, dirt, and bugs. 

Got home, and found one of the mickeys were corded. 

Today, i said the hell with it, even corded they will be fine for two runs.

Took them up to the tire guy, who couldn't get them to seat with normal pressure due to being too wide for the homda wheels. At 60 psi, the corded one blew. 

Thus, god saved me from myself, because i would have hot lapped them at the drags, possibly blowing one at the big end of the track.

So, i have no drag slicks. But i do have drag slick wheels!

Dusterbd13-michael
5/8/19 8:58 a.m.

the crackhead Honda Wheels after pulling the Circle Track slicks off of them and cleaning them up somewhat

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/19 11:36 a.m.

goddamn, i hope they were free

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/8/19 11:41 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

goddamn, i hope they were free

Yeah, what did they look like before getting cleaned up?

1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8P6dWIack3ZZl8OP6Xl3Wq6oQgJcHDlE8lk1uwwoEkKr0Jxl7vWIQd4O8d9hs4s8