1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 93
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/6/19 5:27 p.m.

dregs of a black rattle can, white brushed, and the rain rail is installed. After this dries I will install the top so I can begin to consolidate the enormous pile of parts that is laying on my shop for

Dusterbd13-michael
8/7/19 5:12 p.m.

I must be getting better at this. Everyone on the internet says that should have taken all day, not 2.5 interrupted hours....

Dusterbd13-michael
8/8/19 12:12 p.m.

Computer, emails, and all the systems are down at work. Additionally, its the slow part of the month. However, they got the phones online about 9:45. But not really anything i can do other than phone contacts and crisi intervention (see comment about the slow part)

So ive been chipping away at the top, bar, and carpets. 

Its done, except for the harness bars for the 5 points. And a good washing. And cleani g the wi dows, etc....

its a sleeper!

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
8/8/19 12:25 p.m.

What's the square thing on the steering wheel?  Overall it's looking really good.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/8/19 12:27 p.m.

Remote control for a gopro knockoff. 

Thanks!

Dusterbd13-michael
8/8/19 5:09 p.m.

I felt it needed a road test. So i picked up the munchkin from ymca camp, and we went to the top of morrow mountain state park. One of my happy places. 

30 miles. Lots more sight distance. Great time with the kiddo. Its a terrible street car. Loud, hot, rough ride, stiff steering. 

Wouldn't change a damn thing right now! After the challenge, yes. But im making memories. 

Tomorrow night i DRIVE to the drag strip and make some runs. Need to alter my tach and shift light setup, and make the top latches lock in place in the morning. 

Also, note to self to flush the cooling system again. Add antifreeze and water wetter.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
8/8/19 5:23 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Supper Dad moment with the kiddo. Great job!

The cars come and go, but the memories remain. Keep makin 'em.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/19 5:25 p.m.

Nice work with the kiddo!

You taking the slicks or just street tires to the drags?  Go with a plan.  Take notes.  Understand what changes are quicker and what aren’t.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/8/19 5:27 p.m.

Just streets. Need to focus on feel, not times. Learn to DRIVE straight, and use all the track i paid for.

Munchkin loves it! Says its stupid loud like a roadkill car. I think thats a win!

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/8/19 6:28 p.m.

Db13 why don't you take this the next step and have your dear daughter create a 'stupid loud' caricature /sticky ,Tshirt......thingy that you can brandish at the challenge with perhaps Seth's assistance (like he's not busy at ALL).....thinkin' out loud bro

java230
java230 UltraDork
8/8/19 6:31 p.m.

That's awesome! My daughter loves the Mr2 also. It's fun and she's a little bummed it's for sale. 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/9/19 8:24 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I LOVE this idea. Ive been struggling with the livery ideas. Let her try it!!! thank you !!!!

Also, latches latch, tach and shift light setup are way more in your face. Needs washed and the wipers reinstalled before the track tonight. Hopefully it will be dry.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/9/19 1:40 p.m.

Weather looks clear! 

Heres to hoping for low 14s....

AngryCorvair
8/9/19 1:51 p.m.

1.   plan the work.

2.  work the plan.

ie don't do anything at random.   what is your launch RPM going to be?   how will you release the clutch?   What is your target shift RPM?   remember, not every pass has to be a full pull.    you're there to learn as well as to practice.    if you're not working on cutting a perfect light, then forget about the tree after you stage.   leave when you're ready.   think about your goal for this pass before you leave.    learn.   get the data.   think about what to do differently, then do that, and get the data.   compare to previous run.   did the change make you quicker?   try going the opposite direction and see what happens, ie if you raised shift point 500 rpm, maybe next pass lower it 500 rpm.   etc.

GET SOME!

Dusterbd13-michael
8/9/19 1:56 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Dads going with me. Plan is to work on shifting and trap speed more than et. I KNOW 60 foot and launch will be an issue due to street tires. But, reaction time, consistency, and learning to shift it properly and at the proper points. Thats the goal. 

Currently set for 5500 rpm shift at the light. Which, quick as this thing revs, is close to the rev limiter time wise.

AngryCorvair
8/9/19 1:59 p.m.

best of luck, my friend!   have fun and get your learn on!

Dusterbd13-michael
8/9/19 5:43 p.m.

Through trch. Much easier than last time. Soms really serious hardware tonight.  Much more organized than the E36 M3show it was last time....

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/19 5:53 p.m.

Kick ass dude

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/9/19 6:14 p.m.

Reaction time doesn't count at the Challenge, just ET I'm pretty sure. But still really fun to practice.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/9/19 7:33 p.m.

14.6 at 94

Aaaannnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd

I broke it.

Quick release steering wheel adapter loosened up. Don't have the tools with me to fix it, so we're watching the teslas kick everything else ass. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
8/9/19 7:54 p.m.

Lissen I,ve got no room to brag at all....but yur RT is almost a half second.....should  i get with Erica  Enders and see if she could help with your(at the tree)launch 'wink'.....(don't know her personally just signed a 'T' for me) .....her RT is like .006 to .+065ish.....from watching her you plow the pedal before the last light has expired.....good luck !!!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/19 8:08 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

no need to worry about the tree when you’re just chasing ET.  The clock starts when your tires tell it to.  Not worrying about reaction time takes another thing off your mind

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
8/9/19 8:10 p.m.

14.6 @ 94 is faster than mine was, and you're on street tires ! Any room in your budget for slicks?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/9/19 8:28 p.m.

Did you put those times and mph into a good drag race calculator to see what hp you are making?

Dusterbd13-michael
8/9/19 8:28 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I have slicks in the budget. 22x8x15 m&h on honda wheels!

Tonight was to learn how to drive straing and make clean passes. We did that!

1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
icxkRmTjaQpAWg2xyS7P6hgYYpKqZpgce0MjCLoy3fSAIbl7pabpDsH9PdgXwW0G