1 2 3 4 ... 7
fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/10/16 8:55 a.m.

This one looks really nice.
You'll never lose money on a rust free Miata, especially one that you buy in the fall/winter and resell in the summer.
I have a battery hold down from a '90 Miata parts car if you need it. Is the car cover Miata specific? I'd be interested if it is and if you were selling it.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/10/16 9:05 a.m.

That's a good score. The "dirty" interior looks pretty good to me. It's funny how that works.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/10/16 9:44 a.m.
fornetti14 wrote: This one looks really nice. You'll never lose money on a rust free Miata, especially one that you buy in the fall/winter and resell in the summer. I have a battery hold down from a '90 Miata parts car if you need it. Is the car cover Miata specific? I'd be interested if it is and if you were selling it.

I think the car cover is Miata specific but I will double check.

I need a battery hold down assembly, a gearshift knob, an ashtray and a factory antenna with the little brackets. I'd be willing to work out a trade if you're interested.

Woody
11/11/16 7:37 p.m.
fornetti14 wrote: This one looks really nice. I have a battery hold down from a '90 Miata parts car if you need it. Is the car cover Miata specific? I'd be interested if it is and if you were selling it.

Looks like it's Miata specific.

photo IMG_7964_zps2w5ysqpg.jpg

Woody
11/12/16 9:28 p.m.

I haven't had a lot of time to fool around with this car yet, so I've had to focus on some minor tidying.

This aftermarket power antenna was hacked into place by the previous owner. It was loosely mounted, didn't retract at all and stuck way out at a sloppy angle.

photo IMG_7938_zpscfuvvkaz.jpg

That problem was resolved with a small, simple, inexpensive flexible replacement antenna.

photo IMG_7969_zps7wgxzp7z.jpg

Woody
11/12/16 9:31 p.m.

I also got rid of the unsightly supplemental West Marine rear speaker system. It works and probably has some kind of value to someone, so I'll probably send it to eBay.

photo IMG_7966_zpsjbxl8mgs.jpg

photo IMG_7967_zps8k9hbalf.jpg

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/12/16 9:35 p.m.

What is that bar the speaker was tied onto? I cant remember now, but I am sure my 1990 did not have it.

Is it an aftermarket harness bar?

Woody
11/12/16 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Slippery:

No, that's the rear shock tower brace that came on all of the '94-97 1.8 cars.

Woody
11/12/16 9:40 p.m.

Using that as a harness bar is not a good idea.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/12/16 10:00 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

I see. Looks like its not even close to the shock towers.

Woody
11/12/16 10:05 p.m.

In reply to Slippery:

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/16 5:14 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

I've got a fancy center console I'd be willing to trade for one not so fancy. Bought it for a project, but it's too nice to hack up like I was planning on. I'll get a picture up tomorrow, but where the cupholder/ashtray is is all one piece and has cute "miata" logo'd covers that snap into the cup holder part. Instead of the more normal style, where ashtray/cupholder are all seperate pieces.

Woody
11/13/16 6:46 p.m.

In reply to RevRico:

Hmmm... let me see a photo.

johnnie
johnnie Reader
11/13/16 7:14 p.m.

I have a fondness for the 95 M Edition. One of the most appealing Miatas to my brain (Behind the 91 BRG). There's no way I'd not try to pull the rocker dent, car just seems too nice to not fix it. Put the BBS wheels in storage and budget for replacement caps when they come along. 95 was a good year for Merlot, as they say!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/16 7:15 p.m.

Guess the only real difference is the ashtray part. It's all one piece, instead of the bottom tray and clip in cup holder part. It's the only one I've seen like this, or with these plastic covers that go in the cupholder holes.

Woody
11/13/16 7:15 p.m.

I still haven't had a bunch of free time to work on this thing, so I'm just kind of picking away at minor annoyances.

I had a couple of hours today and, even though it was cold, it was sunny and dry. The floor mats were without major wear, but they were filthy. The passenger's side, in particular, had a major stain. I'm not sure if it was oil or a Coolatta.

photo IMG_7974_zpsg3kneuse.jpg

The original plan was to just hit them with a can of Tuff Stuff and a shop vac, but instead I dragged out the pressure washer again.

photo IMG_7977_zpsqqo0a2rj.jpg

I'll post some "after" photos once they're dry, but they now look like flat Golden Retrievers.

photo IMG_7979_zpsf6o4n3xp.jpg

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
11/13/16 7:17 p.m.

I have a standard 5 speed knob if that's the one that you are looking for. Ill give it to you.

Woody
11/13/16 7:23 p.m.

I didn't plan on going much further than that, but the mats looked so good that I decided to pull out the two rear sections of the carpet.

photo IMG_7973_zpspdkjw2zi.jpg

They were equally awful.

photo IMG_7990_zpsypeywmqc.jpg

photo IMG_7991_zpsu6xb1ued.jpg

photo IMG_7984_zpsqpsw3gog.jpg

I heart the pressure washer.

photo IMG_7994_zpsza3vkeca.jpg

Again, I'll post more photos once everything is dry.

photo IMG_7989_zpscgupt67o.jpg

Woody
11/13/16 7:26 p.m.

I also attacked the yucky but otherwise perfect convertible top boot that had been folded up in the trunk, probably since 1995.

photo IMG_7996_zpsm1vwq3h6.jpg

I'll never use it and these things always eBay for more than I expect them to, so that's probably where it's headed.

Looks like I didn't take a picture of the finished product but I'll have to get one tomorrow. It cleaned up very nicely.

Woody
11/13/16 7:28 p.m.

OCD demands that I clean everything.

photo IMG_8000_zpstv1xhcou.jpg

photo IMG_7999_zpsb7b9ygpm.jpg

Woody
11/13/16 7:32 p.m.

The trunk needs a bit more attention. I was going to pull out the two pieces of carpet and pressure wash them but the area over the jack has a piece of wood stapled to it and I didn't want to get it wet. I'll probably attack this with Tuff Stuff and a shop vac.

photo IMG_7998_zps34fkfppa.jpg

Woody
11/13/16 7:33 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I have a standard 5 speed knob if that's the one that you are looking for. Ill give it to you.

I would really like to have one of those. Look for PM.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
11/13/16 7:41 p.m.

That's the problem with doing a good job cleaning one thing, then you have to do a good job cleaning everything.

Woody
11/13/16 7:43 p.m.

In reply to RevRico:

I think that's a Moss (Miata Mania) aftermarket cupholder. I'm kind of hooked on the stock ashtray, so I'm going to keep looking for one of those. That's what I had in my first two Miatas and I was able to convert them to pseudo cupholders that I think would work better for me in this car.

Woody
11/14/16 4:49 p.m.

When I turned on the heater while I was driving the car home and it didn't smell like mouse whiz, I knew there had to be something wrong.

The HVAC controls felt like they were working, but there didn't seem to be much difference between fresh air and recirculate. The glove box was flopping around so badly that I thought it was missing a screw on one side, so I decided to take it off and have a peek at the fan. The screws weren't missing after all, just loose.

There was no evidence of mouse detritus in the fan, which seemed kind of odd considering the acorn shells I found under the hood. I reached my hand up into the plenum and the fresh air flap opened right up.

That's more like it.

photo IMG_8001_zpshlcdwiie.jpg

I cleaned it all up and discovered that the fresh/recirculate cable had come off the flap and its mounting tab. I have to figure out how it locks into the clip. It doesn't look broken, but the clip has a screw hole that doesn't have a mate on the other side like a normal cable clamp. It may just pop in there without a screw.

If anybody knows if there is supposed to be a screw in there, please let me know. The cable is hooked onto the lever on the flap in this photo, but the cable is not in the clip where it belongs.

photo IMG_8008_zpshwpn1uic.jpg

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4wiJorKhVdYXYEroC9fnaoA8JcpzcmcmTrOVrBx0PuzvyuWhMs66I0yLLop9qyvj